Are any of you Houston Oilers fans? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tennessee Titans

Sponsored Links

Old 03.08.2011, 05:55 PM
All Pro

Default Are any of you Houston Oilers fans?

Title says it all really. How many of you were Oilers fans? Is there any Titans fans who were Oilers?

I can understand people sticking with a team when they move city, i.e Raiders and Rams, but I wouldn't be able to carry on supporting a team that changes name as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.08.2011, 08:21 PM
All Pro

Nope I was never an Oilers fan, just a Titans fan. I think a lot of people probably started supporting the franchise when it moved to Tennessee as they might have been new to the NFL and wanted to support the 'new' franchise.
Old 06.08.2011, 01:48 AM
Pro

I was an Oilers fan previously, and just felt I had to stick with the side when they moved, as I hadn't picked them for the name or the city initially, but just because I liked watching them.
Old 10.08.2011, 05:33 PM
Pro

Always had a soft spot for the Oilers. When i picked my interest in the game back up around 1999 i followed the Titans because they were good,and had the best uniforms,but more importantly i wanted to follow the same Franchise.
Old 16.08.2011, 01:50 PM
Team Captain

I was an Oiler from the start, back in the early 80s, continued my support of the same players. Never even thought about supporting the Texans, but strangely they are one of only two other AFC teams that I really don't dislike, (the Chiefs being the other)
Old 05.09.2011, 11:54 PM
Pro

My brother was an Oilers fan (and now a Titan) and for a gift last year for Xmas, picked him up the "Warren Moon" Mitchell Ness throwback Jersey.
Gotta say, its the nuts, and it'll be shown off at the game in October....dont reckon they'll be too many of them in the crowd.
Old 07.09.2011, 03:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TITAN View Post
Nope I was never an Oilers fan, just a Titans fan. I think a lot of people probably started supporting the franchise when it moved to Tennessee as they might have been new to the NFL and wanted to support the 'new' franchise.
I'm the same except the part about being new to NFL.
I'd watched it since 1992ish but never had a team. So when the Titans were a new franchise as such, with the move from Houston, it seemed a good time to pick a team.

Slightly annoyed that i'm out of the country this year for the Wembley game, so can't wear my Eddie George jersey
Old 09.09.2011, 08:24 AM
All Pro

love the Titans, but gotta say love the Oilers, was never a fan but when the Titans don their Oilers jerseys they look awesome
Old 24.10.2011, 09:30 PM
Pro

My Dad was/is an Oilers fan, he's got a #1 Moon jersey. Having recently got back into the game again, its nice to see him supporting the Titans. I want to get him a jersey for Xmas but don't know if I should get a Oilers throwback or a current Titans.