Suspensions lifted for players - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07.09.2012, 07:51 PM
DarrenSQh's Avatar
DarrenSQh DarrenSQh is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.09.2007
Posts: 2,956
Default Suspensions lifted for players

Delighted that justice has been done by the appeal panel. Can't wait to see the guys play Sunday. I know vilma is injured but I hope he leads out the team.

Now for the coaches!

Who Dat!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07.09.2012, 08:10 PM
surreystevewood's Avatar
surreystevewood surreystevewood is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 21.04.2011
Posts: 23
Default

Good news for fans. It seemed spurious evidence at best.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07.09.2012, 08:24 PM
WhoDatMonkey87's Avatar
WhoDatMonkey87 WhoDatMonkey87 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 15.09.2011
Posts: 207
Default

Good stuff!
Now let's hope the suspensions for Payton and Vitt get overturned.
The Saints are comin!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07.09.2012, 09:39 PM
Substitute's Avatar
Substitute Substitute is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.10.2008
Posts: 1,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatMonkey87 View Post
Now let's hope the suspensions for Payton and Vitt get overturned.
No chance of that, unless Goodell has a change of heart. They have no appeals process left...

But nice to see an appeals process agree that there are flaws with the system (that were plain for everyone else to see). But I suspect this is not the end of it...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.09.2012, 01:40 PM
jstinchy's Avatar
jstinchy jstinchy is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 07.09.2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatMonkey87 View Post
Good stuff!
Now let's hope the suspensions for Payton and Vitt get overturned.
The Saints are comin!
there's no way for that to happen unfortunately. The reason that the players suspensions got overturned is due to the player union appealing, as there is no coaches union there's no union body that can appeal on their behalf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.09.2012, 04:33 PM
mattchew's Avatar
mattchew mattchew is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 09.09.2007
Posts: 2,491
Default

Most people who are more attuned with all these legal definitions tahn me seem to

think that all the league has to do is reword the reasons behind the suspensions
andthey will be re issued, so this is just a temporary reprieve.

It is good , though , to see the league being shown to have handled the whole affair
with a bumbling incompetance and if any good comes from it then perhaps they will
think a little before acting next time.

It's interesting to see the opinion of Carlson and Reynolds. Carlson seems a bit more
open minded about the whole thing and doesn't seem to have fallen for all the hype
in the same way Reynolds has. Indeed Reynolds finds the Saints responsible not only
for their own players and coaches but also the actions of the Giants team in targeting
a concussion prone special teamer. It must be a mistake ,as a professional journalist
would never just trot out the party line now ..... would he??
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13.09.2012, 11:44 AM
the_walrus's Avatar
the_walrus the_walrus is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 25.10.2010
Posts: 709
Send a message via Skype™ to the_walrus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchew View Post
Most people who are more attuned with all these legal definitions tahn me seem to

think that all the league has to do is reword the reasons behind the suspensions
andthey will be re issued, so this is just a temporary reprieve.

It is good , though , to see the league being shown to have handled the whole affair
with a bumbling incompetance and if any good comes from it then perhaps they will
think a little before acting next time.

It's interesting to see the opinion of Carlson and Reynolds. Carlson seems a bit more
open minded about the whole thing and doesn't seem to have fallen for all the hype
in the same way Reynolds has. Indeed Reynolds finds the Saints responsible not only
for their own players and coaches but also the actions of the Giants team in targeting
a concussion prone special teamer. It must be a mistake ,as a professional journalist
would never just trot out the party line now ..... would he??
I've never been a big fan of Reynolds. The only time I watch Sky is for the play-offs and he's a big part of why. He gets stats and even basic info wrong; he spends way too much of broadcasts agreeing with whatever the guests say (even if it contradicts the ones he agreed with the week before) and so on, but my main gripe is he's not an analyst, he's a breathing company billboard, trotting out the exact thing the company wants to push - Gooddell is wonderful & benevolent, Rogers is the second comming of Christ, Giants! Giants! Giants! (let's just forget they admitted to the media that they targetted concussed players). It's personal preference, and I guess some people like just hearing the party-lines over and over again, but if they brought back Nick Haling to replace him I'd consider going back to Sky.....

On the other hand, I've always been a big fan of Iron Mike. He comes across as knowledgable in every aspect of the game, from high-school up. I remember when the "bounty" news first broke all the in any way "official" podcasts immediatley condemed the Saints without hearing any evidence from either side, but 'Carnage took the "Pretty much every team has something like this and you're naive if you think otherwise. The Saints crime was getting caught"

Maybe it's a personality thing, for me Carlson sort of represents a former era of intellect, doing your research (when was the last time you heard Reynolds talking about the old Packer sweep rather than the flavour of the week?) and actually thinking about things; Reynolds is from the glossy, HDTV, 24 hour news iPhone reality TV culture and is more of a mouthpiece for the coporate side of the game, rather than an analyst.

Last edited by the_walrus; 13.09.2012 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 01:37 AM.