NFLUK.com to relaunch as NFL.com/UK - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 18.09.2018, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Twitter is the last place I’d want to have an NFL debate on a Sunday evening, or any other day of the week. It’s like shouting your opinion in the middle of an empty forest or remote island.

Forums like Footballs Future are still thriving which is a relief as they tend to only attract intelligent posters with well thought out opinions, while the idiots are left to shout at each other on social media.
Old 18.09.2018, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

the amount of Spam we have had on here over the past couple of years certainly has not helped. The only thing it has done is drive away a lot of fans. Which is pretty sad. Forums like this still have a place and I hope it is here with us for a long time.

Mark
Old 18.09.2018, 05:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Hank leaving for greater things certainly left a hole in things.

He would always communicate with the members even if the news wasn’t always positive, thinking mainly of the TV negotiation panic.

Qualcomm is the complete opposite, seems like the forum is an inconvenience.

Of course we don’t know the job description of either person (I say person, I sometimes wonder if Qualcomm is just a generic handle used by numerous different employees, hence the lack of any personality).

Either way, I always feel the line in the sand for the forum’s slow demise is the point Hank left and Qualcomm arrived.
Old 18.09.2018, 09:33 PM
MVP

You know what, I just wrote a longer and reasoned post on forums and social media, pressed send, and this stupid forum operating system lost the post. So let me sum up by saying screw you NFLUK, I'm done with this and have no intention of using any social media platforms to deliver shallow and pointless comments in one short sentence. I enjoyed this place and enjoyed talking with the people on it.
Old 18.09.2018, 10:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Really nice that a poster (age 34) decided to insult me by pm due to me having a different opinion to them.
You sir are crass and seeing as your post count is 2, you clearly spend more time in the toxic waste that is social media sites, than talking reasonably in an open manner.

FWIW its no one on this thread and whilst us regulars will see things differently from time to time, we certainly dont sink to this level.

For future reference is there a way to block/ignore such idiots?
Old 18.09.2018, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Really nice that a poster (age 34) decided to insult me by pm due to me having a different opinion to them.
You sir are crass and seeing as your post count is 2, you clearly spend more time in the toxic waste that is social media sites, than talking reasonably in an open manner.

FWIW its no one on this thread and whilst us regulars will see things differently from time to time, we certainly dont sink to this level.

For future reference is there a way to block/ignore such idiots?
Feel free to send me a quote/screen capture of it and I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again
Old 18.09.2018, 10:51 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Feel free to send me a quote/screen capture of it and I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again
Its ok, looking at their posts, they are written in a similar style to a certain poster who had multiple accounts not too long ago.
Just caught me on an off day, hence the public venting.

Found the ignore function now too.
Old 18.09.2018, 11:02 PM
All Pro

If you want good debate and an actual functioning forum, along with a nice community then head over to http://www.uknflfan.co.uk/forum.php

Combination of a working forum, which allows for discussion but also a shoutbox to discuss things daily in time also, and a nice community too. Would thoroughly recommend signing up and saying hello, I didn’t regret it and neither will you

It’s a real shame to see what this forum became - NFLUK over the past two years have shown in numerous actions and way they treat the fans that they only care about ££££. It’s a damn shame
Old 18.09.2018, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
Its ok, looking at their posts, they are written in a similar style to a certain poster who had multiple accounts not too long ago.
Just caught me on an off day, hence the public venting.

Found the ignore function now too.
Mano???
Old 19.09.2018, 08:32 AM
MVP

I'll give them credit for at least putting a direct link to the forum now on the front page rather than having to find it in drop down bars.

I certainly wont be turning to facebook or twitter. If you disagree with someone on there you get called a troll and the discussion ends. Theres literally no point talking to anyone on those platforms.