Farewell to the forum - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 24.06.2019, 11:51 AM
GOAT

thanks to the people that came on here and made it fun and interesting.

but this is a farce of a decision, it had already been strangled but this place was somehow still ticking.

its a shame you guys seem to value FB and Twitter over your own platform.
Old 24.06.2019, 01:51 PM
MVP

what a sh1tty decision by a bunch of dogged rapacious BSers.

was great over the years. all good folk who you would like to meet and buy a few rounds for except the PTB -- maybe, hopefully, the guilty party/parties can be hoisted by their own petard.

is there anyway that another admin/mod can take over the forum and rename it ? might mean advertisements and donations for upkeep but still the good guys can keep the flame alive.
Old 24.06.2019, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

My favourite memory of the forum is probably when it was run by competent admins who weren’t deliberately trying to sabotage it. Congratulations Nick, you finally got your wish! If you honestly think that shïtshow of a Facebook group is in any way a suitable replacement for the discussion you can have on a forum, then you’re deluded. Enjoy your stupid frigging Spongebob memes, schoolyard insults and copy/pasted links from NFL.com.

As a moderator for the forum’s last few years, I’d like to apologise to the hardcore fans who have stuck around on here, and to those who haven’t been able to log in during that time, who’s attempts to get help have fallen on deaf ears. You deserved better than to see this place torn down by inept, blinkered idiots with their heads stuck in the sand, who clearly don’t give a toss about any of us.

I’d like to thank every one of you who have contributed over the years and made this such a great place to discuss the sport, and will add myself to the list of people recommending UKNFLFAN (https://uknflfan.co.uk/). It’s a great community which includes several current and former NFLUK members, and also has some really good games to take part in.

I know a lot of you have enjoyed the 7 round Mock Drafts we’ve done on here, they’ve always been one of the highlights of the offseason for me and I fully intend to continue doing them on the emergency forum in future (https://nflukdraftcom.createaforum.com/index.php). I’ll be getting in touch with those of you who have participated in the past as we get closer to the 2020 Draft and hope we can continue to do these for the foreseeable future.

I’ll still be here until they pull the plug, but for any of you who will be using this announcement as a stopping off point, good luck to you and thanks for all the fish...

EDIT: Sod it, I know I said I’d keep it for a year, but I’m not going down with a stinking Buffalo Bills avatar...

Last edited by wayne ellis; 24.06.2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 24.06.2019, 04:21 PM
MVP

Ah I remember the days of 100s of posts. Some great debates, some downright ridiculous ones too. The "I'm right you are wrong" know-it-all's who eventually ended up getting banned because they never knew when to stop and just could not take any form criticism about their team or themselves.

Who remembers the Browns fan who would go off on one at regular intervals and swore blind that his team would, never, never, NEVER give up a home game like the awful Jags did. I know he got banned before the Browns gave up a home game.

I think the software update of three (four?) years ago a week before the new season was the beginning of the end, lots of people lost accounts and never came back, sadly NFL UK just didn't care.

However, I would just like to say without this forum I would still be probably turning up a Jags games on my own. To those that I have met over the years, thank you! And for those I have not yet met, maybe I will bump into you at a Jags game or another UK NFL event.

Finally thank you for putting up with good humour and good grace my somewhat OTT obsession with punters:

Bryan Anger, Praise His Name!
Brad 'The Norminator' Nortman
(Now both dead to me now)
And latterly
'Captain' Logan Cooke

Clearly the first name down on the team sheet each week and criminally overlooked for every Pro Bowl and All Pro team. Maybe 'Captain' Cooke will get in this year.

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen.....Good bye.
Old 24.06.2019, 04:28 PM
MVP

Absolutely no apology necessary Wayne, there is only so much you and the other mods can do in the face of complete indifference from those at NFLUK Towers. The writing has been on the wall for a while now, but it's still a shame to see it go. Claiming that they want to grow the game, yet putting no effort or resources in to their own official forum. Utterly bizarre.
Old 24.06.2019, 06:12 PM
All Pro

Ridiculous news.

The sport is growing in the UK, there is a demand for a forum and this place would thrive if it was properly looked after.

We've got some amazing members here and I've had a lot of fun on this forum over many years and I've loved the discussions we've had.

I'll try and give uknflfan.co.uk a go, but I was pretty loyal to this forum and only posted on here. Facebook doesn't seem to have intelligent discussions and you can't do some of the 'games' we've had running on here.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, feel free to PM me and I can give you my facebook details.
Old 24.06.2019, 06:59 PM
All Pro

Sad to see this but inevitable I guess with how bad NFLUK has treated this forum in recent years.

I echo PavlovsDog comments about Hank when he was Admin. One memorable moment that comes to mind is when the Thanksgiving day games were blacked out on Gamepass a few years ago and shouldn’t have been. A few posts on here by GP users and Hank was on the case and got the issue sorted very quickly.

Sadly, it's not been anything close to that since Hank left but special thanks to the mods who have endeavoured to keep things going since then despite the difficulties.

Thanks to everyone for the debates and comments that have been had over the years. It’s been fun and a great shame it's ending.
Old 24.06.2019, 10:02 PM
All Pro

Much as everyone else sad to see the forum go, but the admin have let it die these last few years with the poor running of the site, one time a great place to be on an NFL sunday with lots of great discusions game threads being 20+ pages, even some not too bad Patsies and some great off discussion debates I will miss Lee and his right wing rose tinted view of the world.
Old 25.06.2019, 01:16 AM
Hall of Fame

http://https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=82707

One of the most bizarre threads in the history of this website.
Old 25.06.2019, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
http://https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=82707

One of the most bizarre threads in the history of this website.
Halling’s career sank faster than the Titanic.