Nate Davis cut --> Troy Smith signed - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > San Francisco 49ers

Old 07.09.2010, 11:33 AM
Starter

Default Nate Davis cut --> Troy Smith signed

As pressure for roster spots increases, the Niners have chosen to cut Nate Davis and as a result pick up Troy Smith.

Singletary had a minor outburst a few weeks ago regarding Nate Davis' work ethic. In my opinion he certainly has the ability and may well be signed onto the practice squad.

Troy Smith, drafted by the Ravens in 2007, worked with Jim Johnson in Baltimore which is why the move makes sense. (Jim Johnson was Receivers Coach for the Ravens and is now the Quarterbacks coach in San Francisco).
Old 08.09.2010, 12:37 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blundell91 View Post
As pressure for roster spots increases, the Niners have chosen to cut Nate Davis and as a result pick up Troy Smith.

Singletary had a minor outburst a few weeks ago regarding Nate Davis' work ethic. In my opinion he certainly has the ability and may well be signed onto the practice squad.

Troy Smith, drafted by the Ravens in 2007, worked with Jim Johnson in Baltimore which is why the move makes sense. (Jim Johnson was Receivers Coach for the Ravens and is now the Quarterbacks coach in San Francisco).
Would think there is a fair chance that other teams will offer Davis a place on their main roster rather than practice squad which means we will lose him.
Old 09.09.2010, 07:13 AM
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to WillyJLass

Well, he's cleared waivers and he's on the practice squad now.
Old 09.09.2010, 07:40 AM
All Pro

Good result. Hopefully.
Old 10.09.2010, 12:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJLass View Post
Well, he's cleared waivers and he's on the practice squad now.
Just goes to show what I know.

Surprised that nobody else picked him up.

Hopefully this is the kick up the **** he needs to raise his work rate and get himself back on the team. Always looked decent when he has played preseason and I do think that he could still be developed into a good QB.
Old 11.09.2010, 06:28 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to WillyJLass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jute View Post
Just goes to show what I know.

Surprised that nobody else picked him up.

Hopefully this is the kick up the **** he needs to raise his work rate and get himself back on the team. Always looked decent when he has played preseason and I do think that he could still be developed into a good QB.
It should set him straight. If not, he can hook up with JaMarcus and tour around the country challenging all takers during halftime shows to see who can throw footballs the farthest from their knees. LOL! There can be pretty good money in showing off ridiculous feats of arm strength without actually throwing it to someone, right? LOL!