Women and NFL - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.01.2013, 12:33 AM
elanor_g's Avatar
elanor_g elanor_g is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 19.01.2010
Posts: 73
Default Women and NFL

Calling all women.

What do people think when you tell them one of your interests is american football? I've always wondered about this, my older sister was once told not to put NFL down as a hobby on a CV, because girls aren't supposed to like that sort of thing.

Have you come across any strange attitudes to it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.01.2013, 08:59 AM
Jarrow Arrow's Avatar
Jarrow Arrow Jarrow Arrow is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 31.12.2008
Posts: 189
Default

Bloke replying........

When we married in 2011 we decided we would have the IS weekend in London for our honeymoon, several people we told had a dig at me saying how selfish Iwas and would I be taking her to a show or something to make up for dragging her to that sort of thing on her honeymoon. My wife is a massive Bears fan and loved every minute of our time away.

She gets this type of thing regular, even at work where her desk is a mini shrine to the Bears.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.01.2013, 09:04 AM
VeggiNugget's Avatar
VeggiNugget VeggiNugget is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 27.09.2010
Posts: 165
Default

I get the usual response of 'its a pussy's sport' tbh but then again I have 'male' dominated job too (aircraft engineer) it didn't bother my boss (he interviewed me and turned out he was a giants fan) so can be a good talking point, that and as it can be seen as 'unusual' hobby could be that small thing they remember the rest of your CV for, or thats how I would look at it.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.01.2013, 09:18 AM
Anarchy in the WV's Avatar
Anarchy in the WV Anarchy in the WV is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 09.01.2013
Posts: 1,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggiNugget View Post
I get the usual response of 'its a pussy's sport' tbh but then again I have 'male' dominated job too (aircraft engineer) it didn't bother my boss (he interviewed me and turned out he was a giants fan) so can be a good talking point, that and as it can be seen as 'unusual' hobby could be that small thing they remember the rest of your CV for, or thats how I would look at it.

The usual opinion is that "it's a pussy sport?"
I guess risking paralysis and having your brain scrambled around isn't manly enough.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24.01.2013, 02:25 PM
VeggiNugget's Avatar
VeggiNugget VeggiNugget is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 27.09.2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy in the WV View Post
The usual opinion is that "it's a pussy sport?"
I guess risking paralysis and having your brain scrambled around isn't manly enough.
I know, I usually find that there the ones who have never watched it properly too. :/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24.01.2013, 02:33 PM
wetone79's Avatar
wetone79 wetone79 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 04.01.2010
Posts: 30
Default

What I have found out recently after my trip to the states is that all the women out there that watch NFL are just as equal to to all the male NFL fans. when speaking to them weather over there or in the UK, they seem to know what they are talking about!!

Good on them i say!!!! The more that love it the better!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24.01.2013, 02:36 PM
wetone79's Avatar
wetone79 wetone79 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 04.01.2010
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggiNugget View Post
I know, I usually find that there the ones who have never watched it properly too. :/
And why is it that anybody who you talk to that is not to familiar with the game, always say and i quote ' there are too many adverts and its too stop and start' haha
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24.01.2013, 02:45 PM
mattnitro's Avatar
mattnitro mattnitro is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 18.10.2012
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetone79 View Post
And why is it that anybody who you talk to that is not to familiar with the game, always say and i quote ' there are too many adverts and its too stop and start' haha
Very very true
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24.01.2013, 10:31 PM
VeggiNugget's Avatar
VeggiNugget VeggiNugget is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 27.09.2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetone79 View Post
And why is it that anybody who you talk to that is not to familiar with the game, always say and i quote ' there are too many adverts and its too stop and start' haha
Haha yes that too!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24.01.2013, 10:43 PM
Clayton83's Avatar
Clayton83 Clayton83 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 26.01.2007
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetone79 View Post
And why is it that anybody who you talk to that is not to familiar with the game, always say and i quote ' there are too many adverts and its too stop and start' haha
mar lady's standard quote to me "how can there still be 2mins left, you told me 15mins ago there was only 5mins left!!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 08:07 AM.