Who do you support and why? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 23.01.2013, 10:52 PM
Starter

Dolphins Fan - 1st Superbowl i saw highlights of was Redskins - Dolphins in early 83, as a 9yr old had no idea of rules or to much of what was going on. Thought the Fins looked the coolest of the 2 teams and that was that. Understood more about the game when we lost again 2yrs later to Montana and the 49'ers and we've not been back since. It left Marino, Clayton & Duper amongst the group of greatest players not to have a ring.

Looking forward to free agency this time around, splash the cash for Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe / Mike Wallace, to give Tannehill something to throw at so as to challenge the Patriots in the AFC East.
Old 24.01.2013, 12:28 AM
Pro

I've grown up with American football in the house, my family all have their own teams Monarchs, Redskins - Sister, Bears - Mum, Oilers/Titans - Dad.

It wasn't until 2 years ago when I saw the Blind Side (Please don't switch off.) and saw Micheal get picked by the Ravens that I watched a few games on Sky. From the moment I saw the Raven D I was hooked, I mean the power in those hits and the bond they have as a team.

My goal now is to somehow go out to Charm City and see my boys play.
Old 24.01.2013, 03:31 AM
Team Captain

Saints, because I support the English Football Saints so I had to support the American Football Saints too really didn't I...

Last edited by BlakeySFC; 24.01.2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 24.01.2013, 09:33 AM
Starter

Quite simple really.

Got into watching it in the 80s when it was on Channel 4, all the family picked a team. I picked the Niners, because they were one of the better teams at the time, been a fan ever since and had one of my happiest days when they came to Wembley.

This year will be better though when they come as Superbowl Champions!!!! :-)
Old 24.01.2013, 09:47 AM
Starter

Lions had just gone 0-16 when I first got into the sport.

I didn't need to check out any of the other teams after that
Old 24.01.2013, 09:52 AM
Starter

My stories quite an uncomplicated one. It was almost like an eenie-meenie-miney-mo but my team is my team.

Anyways, I've grown up loving NYC, Boston, Jersey, New England etc (blame Home Alone 2 and various other American-isms). I've followed the sport casually for years and one day about 3 years ago decided it was about time to pick a team. I didn't want to pick an NYC team and was close to picking the Eagles but my draw of New England, Boston etc drew me to the Pats.

Turned out, without speaking to them, two of my mates also support the Pats so worked out quite well.

I'm trying to persuade the wife to be to take a honeymoon (8 months later than our wedding) to NYC/Boston so I can go see the Pats either home or away. I can but dream...
Old 24.01.2013, 09:53 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger1974 View Post
Dolphins Fan - 1st Superbowl i saw highlights of was Redskins - Dolphins in early 83, as a 9yr old had no idea of rules or to much of what was going on. Thought the Fins looked the coolest of the 2 teams and that was that. Understood more about the game when we lost again 2yrs later to Montana and the 49'ers and we've not been back since. It left Marino, Clayton & Duper amongst the group of greatest players not to have a ring.
This......only I was a year or 2 older
Old 24.01.2013, 11:08 AM
Starter

Jets

Because I was evil in a past life and I am destined for a lifetime of misery.
Old 24.01.2013, 11:09 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeller18 View Post
Lions had just gone 0-16 when I first got into the sport.

I didn't need to check out any of the other teams after that
Classic reason! I applaud you!
Old 24.01.2013, 11:22 AM
Pro

Tennessee Titans,

My dad is a Raiders fan, he loves the silver and black and their rough style of play. We watched games together for years until he said to me 1 day who do you support? i said i don't have a team i just enjoy the game! he said everyone must have a team so he said pick a team who will win the superbowl this year, looking at the playoffs i plucked Tennessee Titans i said thats my team Steve Mcnair was a beast and eddie george was unstoppable. the year happened to be 1999-2000 when we got all the way to the 1-yard line and then the rest is history!

I am still waiting to go to LP field and have planned a trip this year and hope that this time we get to the Endzone and have our 1st lombardi trophy as the Titans

Tags
deja vu , nfl , nfluk , supporting a team , teams