Tony Romo - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 05.10.2009, 10:59 AM
All Pro

Romo's problem is very simple.... He doesn't have a number 1 reciever to aim for.... The Dallas WR's really are very poor, there isn't one of them who even trys to be a dominant force on the field. Last nights interception wasn't solely Romo's fault as the reciever ran a bad route and i know he threw a lot of passes that were to high but that does happen a bit when the QB isn't used to playing at altitude as the ball does tend to float a bit more.
At the end of this season Dallas has to upgrade their WR's wether its through the draft or free agency... They have 3 top class running backs which eventually is going to be 1 to many so they maybe should at the end of this season look to trade Choice or even Barber, they need to keep Jones as he gives them something different from the other 2, maybe they can trade one of them in a deal that includes a top WR coming this way.... Maybe Barber or Choice and a 1st round draft pick to Houston for Andre Johnson.... Well i can dream!
Old 05.10.2009, 11:27 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
Romo's problem is very simple.... He doesn't have a number 1 reciever to aim for.... The Dallas WR's really are very poor, there isn't one of them who even trys to be a dominant force on the field. Last nights interception wasn't solely Romo's fault as the reciever ran a bad route and i know he threw a lot of passes that were to high but that does happen a bit when the QB isn't used to playing at altitude as the ball does tend to float a bit more.
At the end of this season Dallas has to upgrade their WR's wether its through the draft or free agency... They have 3 top class running backs which eventually is going to be 1 to many so they maybe should at the end of this season look to trade Choice or even Barber, they need to keep Jones as he gives them something different from the other 2, maybe they can trade one of them in a deal that includes a top WR coming this way.... Maybe Barber or Choice and a 1st round draft pick to Houston for Andre Johnson.... Well i can dream!
Problem with the Cat is he is injury prone.

MBIII has a running style that will also see him pick up knocks, so in my opinion, you cant trade Choice.

I'm not one for bashing our own players, but Romo was off form yesterday, I dont blame the receivers.
Old 05.10.2009, 11:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Problem with the Cat is he is injury prone.

MBIII has a running style that will also see him pick up knocks, so in my opinion, you cant trade Choice.

I'm not one for bashing our own players, but Romo was off form yesterday, I dont blame the receivers.
Romo was off yes but the receivers are very poor, they run poor routes and when they do get the ball they don't catch enough of them... And i am not on about not catching last nights passes which clearly were to high... Crayton has been dropping passes for 2 years now and is at best a number 3 reciever... The best of a bad bunch is probably Sam Hurd who probably will be starting next week as Williams may well be out with rib damage.
Old 05.10.2009, 10:26 PM
Pro Bowler

I would stick with Romo but I believe he is a player that needs discipline from the coaching staff which I don't feel he gets from Garrett, I don't mention Phillips as I have my doubts about much he is involved in the offense. He makes a mistake and its a case of that's ok Tony try again, the reason he came good enough to start is because any mistakes in practice and he had to deal with Parcells.

Considering his gunslinger style is compared to Favre I would not be surprised to see Holmgren get the coaching job next season. There were rumours before Parcells that the Cowboys would go after Holmgren and that Holmgren and Jerry Jones are friends who could work together.
Old 07.10.2009, 04:16 PM
All Pro

Wasn't just Romo that was off his game the whole o-line was off. Williams is the biggest mistake jones made.
Old 07.10.2009, 08:44 PM
Team Captain

There's a lot of hate on here for the receivers, but how many times did Romo miss an open guy, too many for a top class QB.

He's obviously trying to take care of the ball better than last year (the Fumble really wasn't his fault, and it's questionable where fault for the interception lies), but maybe in doing so he is losing that something that made him more than just an average NFL QB.

For me, he has this season to prove himself and if he doesn't show that he's got what it takes then we should be looking to find our Franchise QB of the future in next years draft.
Old 08.10.2009, 09:58 AM
Rookie

Default Romo

After watching the Bronco's game I am getting worried about Romo as he just doesn't look confident enough, his body languge is all wrong. The air attack is non existant at the moment and how long before we lose 1 of the RB's to a serious injury? We won't have an Offense.
Old 08.10.2009, 03:45 PM
Rookie

I agree with teesh, but wil extend that to the Offence, including the co-ordinator.
Sloppy passing from Romo, compounded by relentlessly attacking Champ Bailey???
O-Line out of sorts and Tashard Choice left with an uphill struggle filling some very big boots.
Old 28.12.2009, 09:05 AM
All Pro

Cant play in December my a**e

Keep up the good work Romo
Old 28.12.2009, 09:36 AM
Pro Bowler

Hear hear!!

Hes been pretty consistent all year. Good season so far for him.