Who shall we draft? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 14.01.2012, 11:37 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalblueboy1 View Post
If we are not going to pick RB in 1st or 2nd, I quite like the look of Doug Martin (Boise State) if he was still there in the 3rd.
Martin is a good, solid back. He can run between the tackles, has enough speed to get to the outside, can catch passes and returns kicks for us as well (took the opening kick in the bowl game back 100 yards).

He's a jack of all trades type who would be a good back as part of a tandem. I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade over Benson though, apart from in the passing game. Stick him with Bernard Scott as a committee and it should work quite well though.

I'd certainly not be averse (and not just because he's a Bronco!)
Old 14.01.2012, 06:49 PM
Team Captain

Yes - I was thinking in terms of a three-pronged attack - new RB / Scott (or Peerman !) / Leonard.

I say (as a Ced fan) that Benson should not be back. Not just the lack of contribution to the passing game that Gruden wants, not just the fumbles which his carrying style does invite...but just that he feels like the last one of the 'old guard' who can't buy into the new mentality of team first etc.
The incentive laden contract wont have helped but we need fresh and dynamic at RB from now on.
Old 14.01.2012, 07:10 PM
MVP

If anyone's interested, here's my first mock of the year...

http://nflfanbook.net/2012/01/14/matts-mock/

Will probably produce about five or six before the draft. All comments welcome and responded to
Old 14.01.2012, 09:17 PM
Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post

Will probably produce about five or six before the draft. All comments welcome and responded to
Nice mock, I'd be estatic if we got those two in the 1st, however i've got a feeling that it's going to be incredibly frustrating draft because the best players at the positions of need will be off the board just a few positions in front of us, leaving us picking Jenkins at 17 and Lamar Miller at 21.

Then in the 2nd round still needing a Guard, I can see the second tier Guards being snapped up before we pick, Brandon Washington, Kelechi Osemele and Kevin Zeitler.

I've convinced myself that if DeCastro hasn't already gone by the time Dallas pick at 14, they will take him.

I think you've got something there with the Browns picking Tannehill, I was listening to a podcast earlier this week (couldn't say which one it was, i listen to, to many of them). But they quoted someone from the Browns coaching staff who said they were very high on Tannehill.

You mentioned you thought that RGIII would go 2nd or 3rd pick overall via trade, I agree and i think it wiil be Washington who will trade up.

Bold prediction on Stephon Gilmoure in the top 10, i just can't see him taken ahead of Kirkpatrick.

Also you got both LB's from Alabama going in the 20's, after the Championship game they had, I can see both going in the top 20.

Look forward to seeing your next mock

I might try one myself as we get nearer to the draft.
Old 14.01.2012, 10:04 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriffo3 View Post
Nice mock, I'd be estatic if we got those two in the 1st, however i've got a feeling that it's going to be incredibly frustrating draft because the best players at the positions of need will be off the board just a few positions in front of us, leaving us picking Jenkins at 17 and Lamar Miller at 21.

Then in the 2nd round still needing a Guard, I can see the second tier Guards being snapped up before we pick, Brandon Washington, Kelechi Osemele and Kevin Zeitler.

I've convinced myself that if DeCastro hasn't already gone by the time Dallas pick at 14, they will take him.

I think you've got something there with the Browns picking Tannehill, I was listening to a podcast earlier this week (couldn't say which one it was, i listen to, to many of them). But they quoted someone from the Browns coaching staff who said they were very high on Tannehill.

You mentioned you thought that RGIII would go 2nd or 3rd pick overall via trade, I agree and i think it wiil be Washington who will trade up.

Bold prediction on Stephon Gilmoure in the top 10, i just can't see him taken ahead of Kirkpatrick.

Also you got both LB's from Alabama going in the 20's, after the Championship game they had, I can see both going in the top 20.

Look forward to seeing your next mock

I might try one myself as we get nearer to the draft.
Thanks for the comments Would be great to see more mocks on here, there's usually a few of us who throw them out in draft section, so come join us and add your two cents.
Old 15.01.2012, 05:21 PM
MVP

Quote:

The SI mock draft has Richardson falling to us at 17 and Gilmore at 21.

I also doubt DeCastro will get past Dallas.
Old 15.01.2012, 05:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
The SI mock draft has Richardson falling to us at 17 and Gilmore at 21.

I also doubt DeCastro will get past Dallas.
I saw that. Richardson won't drop out of the top 10, he'd have to have a horrific Combine for that. Gilmoure could easily be there at 17 or 21, I'd be very happy if he was.
Old 15.01.2012, 05:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
I saw that. Richardson won't drop out of the top 10, he'd have to have a horrific Combine for that. Gilmoure could easily be there at 17 or 21, I'd be very happy if he was.
I just think plenty of teams are unwilling to use a 1st rounder on a RB. Unless its an Adrian Peterson sure thing RB then I 'm not sure teams will pull the trigger in the top 10 on him.

Mark Ingram hasn't exactly lit up the Saints running game has he.
Old 15.01.2012, 05:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I just think plenty of teams are unwilling to use a 1st rounder on a RB. Unless its an Adrian Peterson sure thing RB then I 'm not sure teams will pull the trigger in the top 10 on him.

Funny you say that, the Saints have no first round pick and a plentiful stock of good RB's, and we have an extra first round pick and a strong need at RB. If we get caught between players we rate and needs we have perhaps the Bengals could consider trading one of our first rounders (+ a deeper pick) for a RB and a deal that would benefit both teams.

They've done well drafting in the top 3 rounds recently, so if there's no value in round 1 I'd be happy to do a sensible deal.
Old 15.01.2012, 06:26 PM
MVP

Quote:

He hasn't, but Richardson is a better prospect than Ingram was.

I don't agree with taking a back so high either, and wouldn't do it myself but there will be a team who takes him.