Week 14 v Colts - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 04.12.2014, 02:40 PM
All Pro

Default Week 14 v Colts

A must win really. We can only realistically lose one more if we're to make the play offs, and even then we'd have to beat Cincy and Baltimore.

Make or break for Hoyer, it's definitely the last chance for him. Miles Austin will be a bigger miss than people think; he's been putting up solid, if unspectacular, numbers.

This one could come down to a few points as our offence and their defence are a little suspect (For the record Indy are allowing the most passing yards on the road). Hoyer has to find Gordon, Hawk and (hopefully) Cameron, rather than the sideline or the opposition secondary though

Tense times at the FES.....
Old 04.12.2014, 07:51 PM
All Pro

I was thinking of starting a new thread entitled "Trent Fantasy?".
Fortunately I saw the Colts thread is already started so I'll put it in here. Are there any other Dawgs out there who pondered picking Trent for their fantasy team for this week. I did until I heard he was big talking this week.

The odds were stacked in his favour, with our D not excelling vs the run this year. On top of that he certainly wouldn't be short of motivation and wouldn't it be just typical an ex player putting in a stellar performance! As I say, i am less inclined to take the gamble on him now he's gone public as I think it would have worked out better if he had internalised it until he'd been out on the field. Either way, I wouldn't be pleased as a Colts fan if it takes a return to his old stomping ground to put in a respectable performance.
Old 04.12.2014, 10:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
Fortunately I saw the Colts thread is already started so I'll put it in here. Are there any other Dawgs out there who pondered picking Trent for their fantasy team for this week. I did until I heard he was big talking this week.

The odds were stacked in his favour, with our D not excelling vs the run this year. On top of that he certainly wouldn't be short of motivation and wouldn't it be just typical an ex player putting in a stellar performance! As I say, i am less inclined to take the gamble on him now he's gone public as I think it would have worked out better if he had internalised it until he'd been out on the field. Either way, I wouldn't be pleased as a Colts fan if it takes a return to his old stomping ground to put in a respectable performance.
lol mate i not only see him scoring a TD but i also see Cribbs running a return back and either Dquell or Mike Adams getting a pick 6 as well, also add in to the fact that Luck grew up as a Browns fan as well as former Browns coach and Browns fan Chud i can see a lot of Browns nailing that final nail in coffin
Old 04.12.2014, 11:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
lol mate i not only see him scoring a TD but i also see Cribbs running a return back and either Dquell or Mike Adams getting a pick 6 as well, also add in to the fact that Luck grew up as a Browns fan as well as former Browns coach and Browns fan Chud i can see a lot of Browns nailing that final nail in coffin
Well that covers it all! On second thoughts, maybe I should go in to hiding on Sunday. Trent's the least of our worries.
Lol Your post brought back memories of the program called something like Comedy Links where they drew extensive diagrams showing how comedians moved between different programs.
Old 05.12.2014, 08:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well that covers it all! On second thoughts, maybe I should go in to hiding on Sunday. Trent's the least of our worries.
Lol Your post brought back memories of the program called something like Comedy Links where they drew extensive diagrams showing how comedians moved between different programs.
Yeh i remember that one i think as well
Old 05.12.2014, 10:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Out of interest if you were the Colts and you won the coin toss what would you do

Defer to get ball in second half and hope Hoyer goes 3 and out and the pressure is on him straight off

Or take the ball and put the pressure on him straight off
Old 06.12.2014, 06:57 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Out of interest if you were the Colts and you won the coin toss what would you do

Defer to get ball in second half and hope Hoyer goes 3 and out and the pressure is on him straight off

Or take the ball and put the pressure on him straight off
I would defer to give him the length of the field to get a score, thus making him work hard. There is already sufficient pressure on him before the game kicks off.
The only better scenario for the Colts, imo, is to receive and return the kickoff. Thus they have the above 7 ahead making the crowd more agitated. I think even if they received and had to sustain a drive to score, I am more accepting if against a quality QB. Of course, they could get cocky and try to rile the crowd by getting Trent to punch the ball in for the TD

Conversely, if I was Browns, I'd also defer (KICK DEEP)to make sure they had to go the length of the field for their first drive. I'd secretly hope they took Trent at his word as well.
Old 06.12.2014, 02:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:

T Rich is one of the biggest busts in recent memory, I felt guilty that we got a first for him
Old 06.12.2014, 05:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
T Rich is one of the biggest busts in recent memory, I felt guilty that we got a first for him
I have no idea what happened as he had a pretty good first year, my best guess is he is a guy built on confidence and he never saw his trade coming and hasnt been able to get over it since, lets hope Sunday isnt the spark
Old 06.12.2014, 05:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would defer to give him the length of the field to get a score, thus making him work hard. There is already sufficient pressure on him before the game kicks off.
The only better scenario for the Colts, imo, is to receive and return the kickoff. Thus they have the above 7 ahead making the crowd more agitated. I think even if they received and had to sustain a drive to score, I am more accepting if against a quality QB. Of course, they could get cocky and try to rile the crowd by getting Trent to punch the ball in for the TD

Conversely, if I was Browns, I'd also defer (KICK DEEP)to make sure they had to go the length of the field for their first drive. I'd secretly hope they took Trent at his word as well.
I would defer as well but thats in every game we play