A Mock Draft v1.0 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 01.04.2019, 07:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Default A Mock Draft v1.0

Playing with ideas and scenario's in this one. No trades (it's hard enough as it is). No explanations, but will happily explain my thinking behind any of the picks.

Right, lets get started...……..

1. Arizona Cardinals. - Kyler Murray, QB. Oklahoma.

2. San Francisco 49ers. - Nick Bosa, EDGE. Ohio State.

3. New York Jets. - Josh Allen, EDGE. Kentucky.

4. Oakland Raiders. - Quinnen Williams, DT. Alabama.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. - Jonah Williams, OT. Alabama.

6. New York Giants. - Ed Oliver, DT. Houston.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars. - Jawaan Taylor, OT. Florida.

8. Detroit Lions. - Devin White, LB. LSU.

9. Buffalo Bills. - Brian Burns, EDGE. FSU.

10. Denver Broncos. - Christian Wilkins, DT. Clemson.

11. Cincinnati Bengals. - Andre Dillard, OT. Washington State.

12. Green Bay Packers. - TJ Hockenson, TE. Iowa.

13. Miami Dolphins. - Cody Ford, OT. Oklahoma.

14. Atlanta Falcons. - Rashan Gary, DL. Michigan.

15, Washington Redskins. - Drew Lock, QB. Missouri.

16. Carolina Panthers. - Montez Sweat, EDGE. Miss. St.

17. New York Giants. - Dwayne Haskins, QB. Ohio State.

18. Minnesota Vikings. - Erik McCoy, OL. Texas A&M.

19. Tennessee Titans. - Noah Fant, TE. Iowa.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers. - Devin Bush Jr., LB. Michigan.

21. Seattle Seahawks. - Clelin Ferrell, EDGE. Clemson.

22. Baltimore Ravens. - DK Metcalf, WR. Ole Miss.

23. Houston Texans. - Andreaz 'Greedy' Williams, CB. LSU.

24. Oakland Raiders. - Byron Murphy, CB. Washington.

25. Philadelphia Eagles. - Dexter Lawrence, DT. Clemson.

26. Indianapolis Colts. - Taylor Rapp, S. Washington.

27. Oakland Raiders. - Josh Jacobs, RB. Alabama.

28. Los Angeles Chargers - Greg Little, OT. Ole Miss.

29. Kansas City Chiefs. - Dre Baker, CB. Georgia.

30. Green Bay Packers. - Nasir Adderley, S. Delaware.

31. Los Angeles Rams - Garrett Bradbury, C. NC State.

32. New England Patriots - Jerry Tillery, DT. Notre Dame.

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 01.04.2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01.04.2019, 08:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Interesting. Not sure if I like Ford for Miami, although the position is vital.Think one of Dillard or Williams may still be there at 13

I think teams will be more desperate for 'skill' position players on the night which will bump better value players down.

Like how my mock 2nd and 3rd round picks (McCoy & Little) make it into your 1st round
Old 01.04.2019, 08:02 PM
Team Captain

Presume the 21 and 23 picks are for the Hawks and Texans at those picks rather than the other way round?

Interested in why Lawrence over Tillery if doing DT for the Eagles? Think Tillery is much more the sort of quick penetration into the backfield we look for from our defensive linemen (I have him rated higher for any team unless Lawrence is being used at 3-4 NT) but Lawrence did have the better career in college and is certainly much rarer a talent due to his size.
Old 01.04.2019, 08:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Interesting. Not sure if I like Ford for Miami, although the position is vital.Think one of Dillard or Williams may still be there at 13

I think teams will be more desperate for 'skill' position players on the night which will bump better value players down.

Like how my mock 2nd and 3rd round picks (McCoy & Little) make it into your 1st round
With Williams going at 5 it had a trickle down effect on what was there at 13.

I looked at the Dolphins O line, it's very underwhelming. I liked Ford's fit rather than reaching for another position. He could be a G or T, and it's important the Dolphins draft someone who should stick.

I found O line doesn't lend itself to that 20-40 range. The Chargers and Vikings have a real need at those positions. McCoy has more versatility than Bradbury I think, and the Chargers owe Philip Rivers a decent OT (or at least they have to try).

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhdjh View Post
Presume the 21 and 23 picks are for the Hawks and Texans at those picks rather than the other way round?

Interested in why Lawrence over Tillery if doing DT for the Eagles? Think Tillery is much more the sort of quick penetration into the backfield we look for from our defensive linemen (I have him rated higher for any team unless Lawrence is being used at 3-4 NT) but Lawrence did have the better career in college and is certainly much rarer a talent due to his size.
Yeah, sorry. Mixed those up copying it over.

They both have question marks it seems, but I just felt like Lawrence offered them the size they didn't have. The addition of Malik Jackson factored in too, but with Elliott and Barkley in the division having a bigger body in there might help out. For his size he tested quite well too (5.05 40).
Old 02.04.2019, 12:49 AM
Team Captain

19. Tennessee Titans. - Noah Fant, TE. Iowa - It's noticeable that many recent mocks I've seen have Fant getting picked at about this part of the first, including our own official NFLUK mock. Had the impression he was getting pushed towards the top 10 around the time of the combine. I strongly considered him here in our mock but decided to go with improving the O line.

21. Seattle Seahawks. - Clelin Ferrell, EDGE. Clemson - YES PLEASE!!!
Old 02.04.2019, 07:03 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam66 View Post
19. Tennessee Titans. - Noah Fant, TE. Iowa - It's noticeable that many recent mocks I've seen have Fant getting picked at about this part of the first, including our own official NFLUK mock. Had the impression he was getting pushed towards the top 10 around the time of the combine. I strongly considered him here in our mock but decided to go with improving the O line.

21. Seattle Seahawks. - Clelin Ferrell, EDGE. Clemson - YES PLEASE!!!
I think you look at the board, how players fit, what they've added, and trying to help Mariota in a pivatol year..... and Fant becomes a clear option if he's there at 19.

Preferred Ferrell going to a team where he'll put his hand on the ground. I'm not quite as high on him as some, but Seattle seemed a good match.
Old 02.04.2019, 10:58 AM
All Pro

I'm sure you spent ages trying to put White below #8

2 mocks on here now with Jacobs at #27. Interesting because I was set to take him there myself before seeing no RB's taken at all and thinking I could likely trade down and still get him if I stayed high enough in Round 2. Will be delighted if we do get him in the real thing, even at #24.

I think Santa Clara might take Williams come the night which would leave us Bosa or Allen. Please let that happen!

CB is a need that I missed out on early doors and might struggle now we're into the 4th. I think there's too much wrong with the Raiders to sort in one draft!

Last edited by LesterHayes; 02.04.2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02.04.2019, 10:59 AM
All Pro

I'll have a bet that Burns does end up getting over drafted on the night so you having him Top 10 could well happen.

Last edited by LesterHayes; 02.04.2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02.04.2019, 11:12 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
I'm sure you spent ages trying to put White below #8

2 mocks on here now with Jacobs at #27. Interesting because I was set to take him there myself before seeing no RB's taken at all and thinking I could likely trade down and still get him if I stayed high enough in Round 2. Will be delighted if we do get him in the real thing, even at #24.

I think Santa Clara might take Williams come the night which would leave us Bosa or Allen. Please let that happen!

CB is a need that I missed out on early doors and might struggle now we're into the 4th. I think there's too much wrong with the Raiders to sort in one draft!
I tried! (I wanted give them Brian Burns but a few factors pushed me to LB instead).

At 24, like you say, it's tough to see Jacobs being taken before 27. Philly maybe, but they seem more likely to keep recycling RB's than draft one high. From 27 to rd 2 is a scarier proposition. Probably just the Packers to worry about really, but teams could jump up too. I think it's either Jacobs early or a RB on day 3 really.

I agree, you can't fix everything in one draft. Just add good players and see it as a 3 year project.