The Dawg Pound! - Page 444 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 19.03.2016, 11:11 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
I would agree about going through the Draft. I really like Josh; he invested a lot of himself in the Browns in numerous ways last year. It's just a shame not all of his efforts were ultimately capitalised on.

I don't follow College football at all and so have no idea about Goff or Wentz. What I do like about what we have done so far is that no one knows what we intend to do with the number 2 pick. It makes it less likely(in my opinion) for someone to trade up, but if they did and took our preferred option, we don't end up with egg on our face.
The difference for me, long term anyhow, between Goff and Wentz, won't be much, kinda of like arguing who is the better between E Manning and Flacco

I think in all likelihood Jackson will take either so if someone trades up it won't make that much difference
Old 19.03.2016, 11:15 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKosar View Post
Really liked the Demario Davis signing the other day. He looks a solid, workhorse pro who should (fingers crossed) become one of the leaders on the D. Only seen highlight films online tbh, but if he keeps playing anything like he has done for 4 years in NY then we could have a really good addition to the LB corps.
I was also speaking with Hurricane Warrior about him & he is really disappointed to see him leave the Jets.
Should definitely have more upside than if we had kept Dansby imo....
I think your seeing a move here by Jackson and FO to get a younger and cheaper roster than what we have. Davis and Tuggle may not be the same level of Dansby but they both will do a strong solid job in a unit that is going to be rebuilt.

The knock on Davis is that he struggles in coverage which is fine as I expect Horton to use Mingo or Kirksey in this role. The only question I have from these moves is who steps up to be that leader in the front 7
Old 24.03.2016, 04:40 PM
Rookie

Welcome to the Browns RGIII!
Old 24.03.2016, 05:48 PM
All Pro

Like the signing. I like the contract that he is incentivised to do well.

Sounds like we're still going QB at #2 as well. I like that too.

Slightly surprised by the timing, in that it clashed with Wentz pro day
Old 25.03.2016, 10:45 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
Like the signing. I like the contract that he is incentivised to do well.

Sounds like we're still going QB at #2 as well. I like that too.

Slightly surprised by the timing, in that it clashed with Wentz pro day
I think there is a strong likelihood now that we trade out of the second spot. I can't see the point in drafting a QB at 2 when we have brought in (horrible decision imo) Griffin. I think we should accumulate picks and look to add at receiver and on the lines
Old 06.04.2016, 12:22 PM
Rookie

Don't like the RG3 signing myself, don't really see why because if a QB is taken in draft it's highly unlikely they are going to run the same offence for both of them so it means yet more adapting for when the long term guy comes in

Also what's up with the Gordon ruling, does Goodell actually need him to go to his house and use the bathroom there to leave a sample or maybe he is waiting for batman secret lab to be available so he can check it, it's beyond reasoning why it's taken so long
Old 06.04.2016, 06:15 PM
All Pro

The suspension dragging on is unfair on the team ...and the player, if all the requirements have been met. With the team back it seems unreasonable that a decision hasn't been made after all this time. Either way, a decision should have been made with a reasoned explanation for the decision, whether that even be that we require a further specified period because of....

I'm not surprised as the handling of various situations by the League in recent times has not been the best.

On a brighter note, it seems the preparation of the team is more meticulous under Hue. According to CBD, each group has their own strengthening coach. Last year, the time off given to players seemed to bear little resemblance to performance.
Old 12.04.2016, 06:44 AM
All Pro

Josh Gordon tested positive for marijuana again last month. Thats it, he'll be gone now :-(
Old 12.04.2016, 08:48 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKosar View Post
Josh Gordon tested positive for marijuana again last month. Thats it, he'll be gone now :-(
You've got to be kidding me?

Deliberately trying everything to get out of Cleveland?
Old 12.04.2016, 06:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
You've got to be kidding me?

Deliberately trying everything to get out of Cleveland?
Still, at least he's reportedly got Johnny to keep his head straight