ok different sort of NFL TV coverage question - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 20.08.2009, 01:47 PM
All Pro

Default ok different sort of NFL TV coverage question

I`m going on my honeymoon in january in the carribean onboard the P&O ventura for two weeks.Does anyone know if they show US channels...know its a long shot and before i`m flamed as a sod ignoring his new bride she is a huge patriots fan and is bugging me to death about it
Old 20.08.2009, 01:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Schoolboy error, two NFL fans and you get married in January and have your honeymoon then !

I got married in August, had the honeymoon and got back in time for the start of the season ! Going on holiday next week to make sure i'm back in time for kickoff !

As for a holiday in the playoff month, hell no !

Cant you ring someone up at P&O ? Surely they'll show american channels out there specially the playoff games.
Old 20.08.2009, 02:11 PM
All Pro

not so much schoolboy error.Its cheaper to go in january then the summer..(not so much tight fisted just careful)

p&o were not much help the woman i spoke to didnt have a clue apparently they always show news channel and some local broadcasts...fingers crossed..if i had gone on an american boat then chances would of been better!
Old 20.08.2009, 02:20 PM
Rookie

Its generally the case in hospitality (hotels, cruises and such) that if they say some sky channels (for example) they mean Sky News and Sky Sports News + maybe a music channel, if they say full service you get all the channels.

That being said, every hotel/cruise ship should have a public tv with full cable or satalite so you should be able to watch the games, you just might have to do it in a public area.

I knew having a career in hotels would pay off some day... in your face dad
Old 20.08.2009, 02:20 PM
Hall of Fame

I can imagine you wont get great sport channels on the TV in your cabin. But there must be a main bar/tv room where they show a lot of the main sports ?

I went to the maldives for my honeymoon, was there when the premiership started in August and watched a few games (not tons as the wife wouldnt have been super happy !) but as i said there was a tv room there showing premiership games on saturday (live 3pm games) and throughout the week.

Surely P&O will pick up the major channels and if theyre near America surely Fox/ESPN etc will be available ?
Old 20.08.2009, 02:25 PM
All Pro

thanks for the hope, most of the islands do show US networks so will crossfingers Have got internet access on the boat so nfl.com might have to do with score updates despite the high cost of it.
Old 20.08.2009, 02:28 PM
Rookie

What on earth did 2 massive nfl fans decide to go on a cruise in january for? living life on the edge mate
Old 20.08.2009, 02:33 PM
Rookie

i got a question for you if i may... not really the right thread for it but this is a little one so wont upset too many people lol.

I dont personnaly know anyone in my area that is into american football, any ideas how to meet some... the game banter is a little one way sat on my own
Old 20.08.2009, 02:42 PM
All Pro

if you live in london maybe some of the london american restaurants or bars that show games during the season. Over the years playing Madden was a great way of getting people interested for me until my missus started beating me at Madden with her Steve Young to Jerry Rice long bombs!, and there should be a local bafl team you could watch/join in.
Old 20.08.2009, 02:46 PM
Rookie

lol, women can never stop at controling us, they always have to beat us aswell.

What is this bafl thing, i stumble across something called London blitz's the other day, is that the same thing?