Who shall we draft? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 09.01.2012, 06:51 PM
Pro

Default Who shall we draft?

Its a little early I know, but Bengals brothers, who do you think we should draft. I definatley think we need a running game to open up the passing or maybe look more defensive and perhaps get a cornerback. Comments are appreciated.

WHO DEY!
Old 09.01.2012, 10:16 PM
MVP

David DeCastro if he's on the board. See the Bengals Thread for explanations as to why.
Old 09.01.2012, 11:24 PM
Team Captain

There has been 'early' discussion on the main thread but the subject probably does need its own thread.
I think there is real consensus in thinking that we need to upgrade our running game ( via interior line AND a new RB ) and we need DB help too.
The order wil depend upon who's available & when and also free agency (i believe Forte is a free agent for example?)- if we go that way.
Decastro does look the pick at 17 if we can get him.
Hope we stick with high character guys rather than the old 'talented but risky' picks, which the likes of Janoris Jenkins appears to be.
Old 10.01.2012, 10:35 AM
Pro Bowler

It's case of who we would like and who we will have to settle for.

Kirkpatrick and Richardson would be excellent additions but are unlikely to fall to us.

DeCastro is more realistic but a lot of the teams picking before us would like him as well.

The likes of Dennard, Jenkins, Miller, Glenn and Barron will most likely be there at 17 and maybe 21 but would seemingly be a step down from the above players.

Landry Jones and Matt Barkley going back to school hurt our chances of getting a real stud player as both would have went in the top 15 and helped push a player like DeCastro into our arms.
Old 10.01.2012, 06:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidey77 View Post
It's case of who we would like and who we will have to settle for.

Kirkpatrick and Richardson would be excellent additions but are unlikely to fall to us.

DeCastro is more realistic but a lot of the teams picking before us would like him as well.

The likes of Dennard, Jenkins, Miller, Glenn and Barron will most likely be there at 17 and maybe 21 but would seemingly be a step down from the above players.

Landry Jones and Matt Barkley going back to school hurt our chances of getting a real stud player as both would have went in the top 15 and helped push a player like DeCastro into our arms.
Janoris Jenkins at 17 would be a good pick based on talent alone. Character is not so good obviously, but he's a top 15 talent. I'd take Barron there if DeCastro, Kirkpatrick and Jenkins weren't on the board.
Old 10.01.2012, 09:36 PM
Pro

Thanks for your comments. Interesting views. WHO DEY!
Old 12.01.2012, 09:55 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stowell View Post
Thanks for your comments. Interesting views. WHO DEY!
No problem. You will enjoy it on here at draft time. There is always plenty of discussion and Bengals fans tend to look forward to the draft more than most.

Years of failure has caused that!
Old 12.01.2012, 10:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Janoris Jenkins at 17 would be a good pick based on talent alone. Character is not so good obviously, but he's a top 15 talent. I'd take Barron there if DeCastro, Kirkpatrick and Jenkins weren't on the board.
I want no part of Janoris Jenkins, With the current talent and two first round picks this draft is a chance to establish this team for the next 5 years.

He's just too much of a risk in the 1st, now I'm not someone who believes you never consider a player because of something. I would draft him in the 2nd if available but if he throws away his career it's less of a waste.
Old 12.01.2012, 02:09 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 118 M Man #9 View Post
I want no part of Janoris Jenkins, With the current talent and two first round picks this draft is a chance to establish this team for the next 5 years.

He's just too much of a risk in the 1st, now I'm not someone who believes you never consider a player because of something. I would draft him in the 2nd if available but if he throws away his career it's less of a waste.
Agreed, we dont need to take risks and we realy dont have to for a change.

I think theres a strong chance of Richardson falling to us aswell. Hes not a risk either.
Old 13.01.2012, 12:51 PM
Team Captain

If we are not going to pick RB in 1st or 2nd, I quite like the look of Doug Martin (Boise State) if he was still there in the 3rd.