BBC to air NFL Monday Night Football on Red Button and Online - Page 13 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 05.09.2012, 05:39 PM
Starter

All that's on the BBC HD channel is 'HD Preview' at that time of night. (not BBC1 HD)
Old 05.09.2012, 05:39 PM
MVP

When I saw BBC I thought YES YES YES!

My hat was off and I was genuinely amazed...

red button and not recordable on sky+...

2 steps back again.
Old 05.09.2012, 05:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualcomm View Post
ESPN did not bid.

A Q&A with Alistair Kirkwood will follow next week to address these issues.
That's a very interesting piece of news
Pro Bowler

We also have to remember that when the BBC can be bothered showing sport they are still the best around at doing it. More positives than negatives:

1-Accomplished presenters:Colin Murray,Jake Humphrey and Mark Chapman are all Des Lynams compared to Nat Coombes
2-No Adverts
3-I know the time is not ideal but everyone in the UK will be able to watch it live
Team Captain

Can't wait to see the pre-game countdown show, the mid-week programming in depth.... oh wait. I give up....
Old 05.09.2012, 05:41 PM
Pro Bowler

I remember now why I don't come on these forums very often. Most people here are so narrow minded about what THEY want and not what is best for the sport in this country. It is on terrestrial TV which opens up the potential watchers much more than Sky Sports or ESPN. It's not the perfect situation of a BBC HD channel but NFLUK did the right thing by still giving it to the BBC. Next we'll be complaining that the radio coverage is on 5 Live Extra and not 5 Live.
Rookie

While it is highly unlikely that this decision will single-handedly lead to the collapse of the sport in this country (considering we get an NFL game at wembley, 3 games on sky each week, 1 on C4 and countless college games on ESPN....), I cannot fathom why it can't be on BBC1 or 2 given that they show absolutely nothing between midnight and 4am on a monday/tuesday night. But then it being on the red button is better than not at all. Its a service everyone has, and if its there why not use it?

Perhaps the BBC are just trying to air it any way they can given that the deal went through so last-minute? and will expand their coverage next season when they've had more time to prepare an accompanying show/pundits etc etc.
Starter

Please put it on an actual channel!

Probably won't be able to get the red button thing on Virgin's Tivo so that potential audience has to go online.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statto00 View Post
FREEVIEW 301 is Red Button, not Sky 301.

Intrigued as to why ESPN didn't bid, but puts further humble pie in the faces of the jonneil clan who were insisting that ESPN would take it all on without a second thought.
Well, you said it.

I said on the TV thread, many will moan to start but this could be the start of regular season on terrestrial TV. I'm being longsighted with this. For the future.....

That's why ESPN couldn't be confirmed a few weeks ago. I'm surprised, but it's a start for looking forward.
Old 05.09.2012, 05:42 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty1992 View Post
Everybody's talking as if the red button option is impossible to find. If anything, the icon in the corner of the screen which pops up whenever there is sport on the red button appears to the point of tedium and is effort to get rid of. If people have any slight interest in the NFL, then they only need to be on a BBC channel and they will, without doubt, be well infromed of where to find their NFL. And if they'd rather watch Live Roulette on Channel Five? Well then they weren't very likely to want to watch NFL anyhow!
i have never noticed anything on the red button unless someone on screen as told be its there as its usually bonus coverage like at Glasto.

it would of been good to get more details and find out why its only on the red button.

Tags
backwards , base in my face , bbc incompetence , betamax , binfest as usual , black hole , can't record , david tossell , dvd , espn , idiots who keep swearing , jeremy kyle , loud noises , massive condescension , mnf , people should grow up!! , red button , smelly farts