2018 Season - Who’s going to the US to see a game? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 26.07.2018, 09:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timh1003 View Post
Staying in Boston and hoping to take in Dolphins @ Patriots and then in Toronto the following week and considering Titans @ Bills. Anyone with much experience on transit from Toronto area to Buffalo on game day? Looks fun/horrendous to say the least.
Thats what I'm doing for the game. Decided to just pay up to elite sports tour transport, tailgate and match tickets all in. Brother lives in TO suggested probably the easiest option. There is also a rally bus but apparently they can cancel close.

Driving yourself an option but we want to drink so.....

Of course if planning to visit niagara it would make sense to go from there.
Sponsored Links
Old 26.07.2018, 12:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanod View Post
Thats what I'm doing for the game. Decided to just pay up to elite sports tour transport, tailgate and match tickets all in. Brother lives in TO suggested probably the easiest option. There is also a rally bus but apparently they can cancel close.

Driving yourself an option but we want to drink so.....

Of course if planning to visit niagara it would make sense to go from there.
I looked at both Elite Sports & Rally Bus recently.

I wanted to buy my own tickets, so that kind of rules Elite out (I don't think they do Transit only). And I had the same concerns as you when I read up about Rally Bus, which is a shame because it looked a good option :-(

I'd rather have a drink or three, so definitely not driving. And we've done Niagara before.
Old 27.07.2018, 07:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I looked at both Elite Sports & Rally Bus recently.

I wanted to buy my own tickets, so that kind of rules Elite out (I don't think they do Transit only). And I had the same concerns as you when I read up about Rally Bus, which is a shame because it looked a good option :-(

I'd rather have a drink or three, so definitely not driving. And we've done Niagara before.
Yeah pretty much the decision tree we went with and ended up just going with them as lesser of all the evils really.

Thought about staying there Sunday night too but even stadium hard get to from downtown and more hassle.
Old 01.08.2018, 10:43 PM
Starter

Default NFL Stadiums

In my quest to have seen a home game at all 32 current NFL teams I have now sorted out the following trip which will leave me with just Arizona which will be done next year.
So this years trip will be as follows
Sunday November 4th Chiefs @ Browns
Thursday November 8th Panthers @ Steelers which is a revisit.
Sunday November 11th Patriots @ Titans
Whilst in Cleveland have found a NCAA Division 3 football game at Case Western Reseve University on Saturday November 3rd against Waynesburg.
I am also an ice hockey fan and whilst in Cleveland the AHL team the Cleveland Monsters have 2 home games on Friday November 2nd and Sunday November 4th after the Browns game.
Monday will be spent at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and in the evening will be watching MNF.
Making the trip to Pittsburgh on Tuesday morning using the Greyhound Bus for a mere 15 dollars when cu is a three and a half hour trip.
Old 07.08.2018, 01:50 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Staying in Boston and hoping to take in Dolphins @ Patriots and then in Toronto the following week and considering Titans @ Bills. Anyone with much experience on transit from Toronto area to Buffalo on game day? Looks fun/horrendous to say the least.
Buffalo is horrible to get to. The stadium is well out of the city and there are no public transport links at all [shocking!], so you'll have to either arrange taxis both ways (expensive) or hire a car for the day, as I did. Make sure you have a sat nav, because maps are confusing, especially when you come out of the stadium after the game. As you approach the stadium, you'll find locals selling parking spaces for $10-15 in their driveways. That's cheaper than stadium parking and demonstrates that America is the home of enterprise! The stadium is quite open and so it gets really cold as the day draws in. I was at a TNF game (Jets @ Bills) so it was bitterly cold by the end.
I hope this helps!
Old 07.08.2018, 02:00 PM
Team Captain

And as for my trip:

Eagles game at Wembley, then fly to Bangkok, then Sydney (for my aunt's 95th birthday), then Hong Kong, before hitting Philadelphia in time for the Cowboys @ Eagles game. Then its down to Washington for some tourism prior to the descent on New Orleans for their home game with the Eagles.

Four Sundays, three Eagles games and a round-the-world trip thrown in!