ProTour Cycling Thread - Page 443 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 15.09.2015, 10:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips_11 View Post
Delighted to have a victory for Team EPO in the Vuelta on debut entry.
A dark day for the sport when a team is successful despite be so blatant about how it achieved said success!

Well done though.

I regret my last minute switch from Aru/Majka to Nibali/Rodriguez, despite Rodriguez's success. Damn Astana and their dodgy tactics!
Old 15.09.2015, 07:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips_11 View Post
Delighted to have a victory for Team EPO in the Vuelta on debut entry.
Congratulations.
Old 16.09.2015, 10:35 AM
Pro Bowler

Haha thanks. I made a similar decision but paid off just before the start, took out Bouhanni, Martin & S Sanchez for Majka, Henao & Rojas. Also my risk of not taking Froome or Sagan paid off aswell.
Old 16.09.2015, 10:22 PM
MVP

Looks like Team GB is unravelling a bit before the world championships, at least for the men. They are all exhausted or injured by this point in the season. Women and U23 men should be better though.

Good showing by Yates in Canada but neither of them will be doing the worlds.

Have to say that the Belgians look the ones to beat in Richmond, but Kristoff and Stybar also looks strong and you can't rule out riders like Sagan. I'm heading across the pond to watch the three days of road racing and I can't wait!!
Old 17.09.2015, 11:11 AM
All Pro

Picked this Dawes up for my eldest lad last week as he wants to give a triathlon a go - Shimano Sora STI shifters, Shimano triple crank set and Campagnolo Xenon rear mech.
Bit rough around the edges as it has been left out in a garden for about 3 years, but the only rust is on the brake & headset bolts which is easily dealt with...and it was completely free!
I reckon with a good clean-up, new bar tape, new saddle and a gear service it'll be a great ride for him.
Even though its about 6cm smaller than I am used to, I can still ride it quite comfortably with the seat post at its max, so could be a nice little hack for me when the MTB is having a rest!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giro300.jpg (28.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 21.09.2015, 04:46 PM
All Pro

About a week late, but what a cracking wee Vuelta that was - just fantastic to see teams that don't normally try on the GC have some credible contenders (OGE & GA)) - I'm always banging on about that. Very credible riding too - far more credible than the recent World Athletics Champ for example.

Giant Alpecin must be kicking themselves; even one or two proven climbers would have given them a huge chance of victory. Also left looking daft for having their GC contender expending energy contributing to sprint leadouts.

My appalling Dumoulin Rouge pun will have to keep for another year but that lad has TdF written all over him.
Old 05.10.2015, 10:44 PM
MVP

Two very entertaining one day races to round off the season and two worthy winners - Sagan should be a great world champion and he won it in brave fashion going away from the rest, as did Nibali yesterday at Lombardia. I think that makes him and Valverde the only grand tour winners to have also won a monument. Well deserved after he was so close at Liege 2012. Much better edition of the race this year with the Muro di Sormano knocking plenty of big names out of contention at 50k to go, made for much more exciting racing.
Old 20.10.2015, 11:43 AM
All Pro

Looks like a weekend trip to the Normandy beaches is on the cards for next July!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...x-bastille-day
Old 29.10.2015, 09:22 PM
MVP

Did anyone else go to the London Six Day at the Stratford velodrome by the way? I had a great time - had never been to see track cycling before but it was good fun.
Old 31.10.2015, 08:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Did anyone else go to the London Six Day at the Stratford velodrome by the way? I had a great time - had never been to see track cycling before but it was good fun.
Sorry - watched it all on Eurosport instead. But it was indeed good fun. I particularly enjoyed renaming the teams, shallow-minded person that I am, so that instead of them being called "Team 1", "Team 2" etc., I preferred to call the light blue and white team Team Bianchi, the yellow-and-red team Team Iberia, the magenta-and-white team T-Mobile, the blue-and-white striped team Brooklyn, and... well, I think you get the drift.
I wonder what the tickets for the club/pit area cost, and did that include the meal during the racing? That's a peculiarity unique to six-day racing - a veritable restaurant set up trackside for the VVIP's.