No Browns Game On Sky TV ,AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 17.11.2010, 09:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
That's a Thursday game. Either they show it or they show nothing, it isn't a Sky choice.
Fair enough , just saw the Steelers name and saw 'red'

Still not happy about no Browns game though

What about the Jags? , are they being shown?
Old 17.11.2010, 10:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Fair enough , just saw the Steelers name and saw 'red'

Still not happy about no Browns game though

What about the Jags? , are they being shown?
No games on Sky yet and just the one appearance on MNF (ESPN) in about Week 6 against Tennessee.

I had hoped we might get on in Week 12 against the Giants, although I can't really argue with the choice of Green Bay @ Atlanta.

We still have 3 divisional games left (one against each of our div rivals) - if the division remains as tight and competitive as it is now, I would hope we might get at least one, if not maybe two of those shown.
Old 17.11.2010, 10:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
No games on Sky yet and just the one appearance on MNF (ESPN) in about Week 6 against Tennessee.

I had hoped we might get on in Week 12 against the Giants, although I can't really argue with the choice of Green Bay @ Atlanta.

We still have 3 divisional games left (one against each of our div rivals) - if the division remains as tight and competitive as it is now, I would hope we might get at least one, if not maybe two of those shown.
Sky's coverage is first class , But wouldn't it just be fairer to show every team at least once during the course of the season?
Im not a Jaguars fan but i would prefer to watch them ,than some of the same old faces Pats, Colts , Steelers etc
Old 18.11.2010, 01:33 PM
Pro

How are newer smaller market teams supposed to deveop a fan base without tv coverage?
To the OP: on game day, Vic Ketchman writes a live "in-game updates" blog on the Jags website. It's not play by play but you can follow the game. Equally entertaining are the Facebook comments posted during the game on the right side of the page, offering a fascinating perspective on the mentality of the Jaguars fan base.
Old 18.11.2010, 11:26 PM
Rookie

I agree, could do with a better variety of teams in the coverage, Bengals didn't have a game for years until last few seasons, we we're crap mind you and yes I know we are again. Bottom line is if unless your team is winning it won't be on as coverage will always be geared to the neutral veiwer. Hope the Browns get on soon, preferably stuffing the Steelers.
Old 05.12.2010, 06:33 PM
All Pro

Jags @ Titans on today ( 5th ) ...................think thats just about every team . . . except the Browns!!!!
Old 05.12.2010, 08:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Jags @ Titans on today ( 5th ) ...................think thats just about every team . . . except the Browns!!!!
Bills haven't been on either. Nor should they or the Browns now IMO - unless their opponent in Week 17 is in a 'win and in' scenario.
Old 05.12.2010, 08:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman73 View Post
Bills haven't been on either. Nor should they or the Browns now IMO - unless their opponent in Week 17 is in a 'win and in' scenario.
after to-days game @ Miami ...............perhaps its better the Browns aren't being shown
Old 06.12.2010, 04:05 AM
All Pro

got to be on soon the keep showing gonzales then Cribbs's name -face -then a play on the sky sports xmas advertising clip for NFL games over the festive period.

But then don't mention us, there are 2 games TBC on one day, can't remember which one so a take it's one of them .
Old 06.12.2010, 04:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
got to be on soon the keep showing gonzales then Cribbs's name -face -then a play on the sky sports xmas advertising clip for NFL games over the festive period.

But then don't mention us, there are 2 games TBC on one day, can't remember which one so a take it's one of them .
I wouldn't read anything into that, probably just a random clip they have chosen.

I suspect the only chance the Browns have now, as previously mentioned, is if the Steelers are in a win or go home scenario in Week 17 and need that win to get in.

Even then I fancy the chances are remote. All games that week are divisional games, so there is every chance there will be more relevant games where potentially it's a winner takes all scenario (maybe TB@NO; OAK@KC; SEA@STL; CHI@GB)