Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 374 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 30.12.2010, 05:19 PM
All Pro

The schedule is what I was hoping for, Atlanta and New Orleans play early the Bears play late.

We will know if resting players is an option for us.
Old 02.01.2011, 10:59 AM
All Pro

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to all my fellow Bears fans. Hopefully 2011 will bring a Superbowl for the Monsters of the Midway.
Old 02.01.2011, 04:24 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
Just wanted to say Happy New Year to all my fellow Bears fans. Hopefully 2011 will bring a Superbowl for the Monsters of the Midway.
Much appreciated fellow bear. Cannot help thinking momentum into the playoffs is key. Would rather win today regardless of anyone else's result and hopefully knock a dangerous opponent out of the playoff picture. A lot of teams(other than NYG and Tampa)will be wishing for a Bears victory. As the great Rod Woodson says the Packers can score on anyone.
Old 06.01.2011, 09:56 PM
Rookie

just came back from the States, bought myself a new Bears jersey! Hester in our blue strip.

Quite funny, i also picked up a Bears T Shirt and was wearing it one day in starbucks in memphis, guy says "hey, another Bears fan", then when he found out i was from London he was a bit taken aback! we had a quick chat, talked about how we're close, but need an O-Line.
Old 09.01.2011, 12:15 PM
All Pro

It is funny that the Packers can carve a path for us to the big show, go Pack!
Old 09.01.2011, 01:04 PM
All Pro

Let's not underestimate the Seahawks - they beat us at home earlier in the season. But I'd rather play them than the Eagles again, certainly.

I'm trying to see today's game as a win-win. If the Packers win, we get a theoretically weaker team in the divisionals. If the Packers lose, well, the Packers lose. That's not going to get old any time soon.
Old 09.01.2011, 07:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlights View Post
just came back from the States, bought myself a new Bears jersey! Hester in our blue strip.

Quite funny, i also picked up a Bears T Shirt and was wearing it one day in starbucks in memphis, guy says "hey, another Bears fan", then when he found out i was from London he was a bit taken aback! we had a quick chat, talked about how we're close, but need an O-Line.

Hi DL,

I know what you mean...I get that all the time and I have been living here in the States for over eight years now...I get my work friends (Americans) come up to me and ask who there team has that week or NFL history questions..
It seems to me that the average American NFL fan isnt as hard core as the British fan.We talk about the NFL as we talk about Soccer,with passion.
Old 09.01.2011, 08:24 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiBear View Post
Hi DL,

I know what you mean...I get that all the time and I have been living here in the States for over eight years now...I get my work friends (Americans) come up to me and ask who there team has that week or NFL history questions..
It seems to me that the average American NFL fan isnt as hard core as the British fan.We talk about the NFL as we talk about Soccer,with passion.
Ha, yeh exactly. I take it seriously, my girlfriends cousin is american, when he and his friends came down, they couldn't believe i knew my stuff, but they didn't really agree with some of my views as i wasn't from the US!

FYI, my view was, that Favre would not have a season anywhere close to his last season. Looks like i was proved right....!
Old 09.01.2011, 10:38 PM
All Pro

Wink

yeah its like asking a ipswich fan to support the bears...(wait for it)
Old 10.01.2011, 12:22 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
yeah its like asking a ipswich fan to support the bears...(wait for it)
Go Forth and Multiply