Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints. Wildcard Weekend. - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 05.01.2012, 10:21 AM
Starter

As much as im trying to not be biased here, I cant see the lions having enough at the moment. I reckon it'll be closer than most expect. 31-23 saints.
Old 05.01.2012, 10:27 AM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via Skype™ to the_walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
It's just me opinion. I don't see 50 points from either team with the sofa being the only thing left for the loser. The greatest show on turf didn't put up 50 on the Rams did they. It can happen you know. The Saints have won this game already according to some.

Nobody won anything yet.

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said not in this play-off game. Each game is different. What went on at Lambeau has nothing to do with this game in the dome. Presumption is the mutha of all frick-up's.
Point of order - How the hell would the Greatest Show on Turf put up 50 on the Rams? Other than giving up 25 safteys, I suppose....
Old 05.01.2012, 10:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
It's just me opinion. I don't see 50 points from either team with the sofa being the only thing left for the loser. The greatest show on turf didn't put up 50 on the Rams did they. It can happen you know. The Saints have won this game already according to some.

Nobody won anything yet.

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said not in this play-off game. Each game is different. What went on at Lambeau has nothing to do with this game in the dome. Presumption is the mutha of all frick-up's.
agreed! anything can happen!
Old 05.01.2012, 10:32 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post
Point of order - How the hell would the Greatest Show on Turf put up 50 on the Rams? Other than giving up 25 safteys, I suppose....
he's referring to the Saints instead of the Rams because that's what one of you said you are... "the new" greatest show on turf... which played the rams this year...and lost....thats what he's on about
Old 05.01.2012, 10:46 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingie16 View Post
he's referring to the Saints instead of the Rams because that's what one of you said you are... "the new" greatest show on turf... which played the rams this year...and lost....thats what he's on about
Correct.

Brees has 14 INT's this year. If the Lions can cause 2 more, you never know. Has to be in the gameplan. Rodgers has 6. Saints are favourites and for good reason but many a favourite has been taken close before, and many have been beaten.
Old 05.01.2012, 11:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Correct.

Brees has 14 INT's this year. If the Lions can cause 2 more, you never know. Has to be in the gameplan. Rodgers has 6. Saints are favourites and for good reason but many a favourite has been taken close before, and many have been beaten.
seahawks against the Saints last year! everyone said the saints would win that game too!
Old 05.01.2012, 11:11 AM
Banned

Detroit 27-45 New Orleans..
Old 05.01.2012, 01:11 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Saints 51 Lions 17 the already crowned champs move on
Already crowned by who? ESPN? Fox Sports?

Yes the Saints seem to be a trendy pick now the reg season has finished, but after what happened to the Saints in Seattle last season and in St Louis in wk 8 I can assure you the team won't get ahead of themselves.

Stop trying to make out the Packers are underdogs. Green Bay are the champs until someone beats them and they'll be favoured in every playoff game they have this season.
Old 05.01.2012, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan29 View Post
Already crowned by who? ESPN? Fox Sports?

Yes the Saints seem to be a trendy pick now the reg season has finished, but after what happened to the Saints in Seattle last season and in St Louis in wk 8 I can assure you the team won't get ahead of themselves.

Stop trying to make out the Packers are underdogs. Green Bay are the champs until someone beats them and they'll be favoured in every playoff game they have this season.
Your guys are the form team right now buddy, your favourites for the whole lot in every analyst's view and in any fan thats being paying attention for the last month or so. Don't fear it, embrace it. Your the team to beat no doubt.
Old 05.01.2012, 01:33 PM
All Pro

Saints are definately looking good at the moment , but this game won't be the walkover
everyone seems to expect.
If Fairley's foot lasts more than the quarter it did last time these teams met , then our
O-line will be hard pushed, especially as Suh is playing this time.VDB is no slouch either
so I expect a lot more pressure on Brees.
Saints need to keep the Lions to FG's in the redzone or we could see another AZ-GB type
game with the the result hingeing on a turnover or penalty.

This message was brought to you by an always pessimistic Saints fan , but nowhere near
the level of nomoromo.

Tags
mackemisnomoromo