Who Is Going To The US For A Game This Year? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 05.04.2012, 03:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingie16 View Post
cheap as chips internal flights that close, I got one from LA to Vegas for 55 quid
screw it i only live once .... can recoup my savings next year!
Old 05.04.2012, 03:04 PM
Rookie

I've got a friend who lives/works out in chicago so i went to visit him last october. Enjoyed a few cold beers and a pulled pork sandwich whilst watching the bears vs panthers game! Had an awesome time and will most likely be going there again this year, just need to wait for the schedule to come out so i can sort something!
Old 05.04.2012, 03:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11 View Post
screw it i only live once .... can recoup my savings next year!
good man, savings are over rated! get yourself across the pond!
Old 05.04.2012, 04:34 PM
Pro Bowler

i had planned on going to seattle this year but I was let go from my job in january so that put pay to those plans...but i have decided to not go to the IS game in wembley and put the money away and definitely go the following year because it is an expensive flight over to seattle

I was planning on going to a sunday game in seattle and if the schedule worked out another home game the following week if not go to a thursday night game somewhere on the east coast...so that would be my plan for 2013 if i can save up as it would probably be my one and only trip to seattle I might as well make it a good one
Old 05.04.2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishEagle View Post
Glad you started this thread, I was going to create a similar one. Basically, I'm looking for the thoughts of experience travelling sports fans!

Having finally settled on a team after seven years of neutral following, I've really got on board and enjoyed the particular interest, learning the in's and out's of simply your beloved team.

So much in fact that I'm currently planning to visit the city of Philadelphia in June. Now I know that this time frame won't coincide with the NFL seasons but I was hoping to organise a stadium tour of Lincoln Financial Field and perhaps take in a Phillies Baseball game. If all goes to plan, I may return the following year for a regular season game.

What is the best way to go about it? Having checked all of the major travel agents, it has become apparent that the best option is to organise alone. I've found relatively cheap hotels (approx ?35 per night) and feasible flights. However, the accomodation isn't near all of the attractions I wish to visit?

I'm looking for the best way to travel across the area, would that be train or perhaps bus? From research, it seems as though Americans aren't big on rail travel due to the sheer size of the country.

Any help is much appreciated, particularly from those that have visited Philadelphia itself. How accesible is it? Cheers
I'm heading over to Philly in July and will be staying at the Philadelphia Stadium Holiday Inn which is, as the name suggests, pretty darn close to all of the stadiums and arenas which are all in close proximity.

I recently reached out to fellow Eagles fans on the sub-forum and got some great advice from those who have been before, so you might want to check that out:

[URL="https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=85477&page=2"]https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=85477&page=2[/URL

In respect of your query of getting around Philly, Freakin Eagle's recommendation of the Phlash Buses looks great to me and I'll probably be using those - a cheap and easy hop-on-hop off service.

In addition, if you want to go further acfield you can get an all-day ticket for $11 and travel by bus/subway/tram/rail all around the SEPTA area, which includes Philly and beyond.

http://www.septa.org/fares/pass/independence.html
Old 05.04.2012, 09:06 PM
Pro

Flying into Los Angeles on 11th September for 2 weeks, hoping the schedule works in our favour and we'll able to catch the Chargers and my brother's Niners! If we can't see both, definatley seeing one. Went to Boston last year for the Colts @ Pats for my first game in the States....incredible experience!!
Old 05.04.2012, 09:10 PM
All Pro

Going to Boston for a week late September/ Early October, so hopefully catch a game whilst I'm out there!
Old 05.04.2012, 09:19 PM
MVP

Hoping to go back to Pittsburgh again, but all depends on the schedule order and whatever else is going on in my life. Not too fussed about opponent really, but would actually light a daylight game this time round cos so far every game I've done has been primetime SNF/MNF. I'm also 0-2 at Heinz Field (tho I've seen the Steelers win away) so a win would be nice!
Old 05.04.2012, 10:43 PM
Starter

Me and my dad are planning on going to see the saints for the first time. Cant wait, need to go in week 1 or 2 though. So hoping for a good matchup. Anyone have any tips on going to new orleans, would be much appreciated. ie whether to buy tickets there or to get them before etc.
Old 06.04.2012, 10:15 AM
All Pro

Very jealous of this thread, as part of my 30th Birthday celebrations last year my wife sorted a trip to New York to watch the Eagles @ Giants. We tailgated before hand, tickets for that were about ?30, I ate and drank loads whilst watching the games on TV and chatting football. Result aside it was an absolutely perfect day, with great tickets. We spent a couple of days in NY before heading to to Miami for a few days sun. Superb trip.