Saints thread - Page 186 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Old 05.04.2012, 08:22 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathrael View Post
Saints Agree on a 5-Year Contract with LB David Hawthorne. Ex-Seahawks, we had him visiting a couple of weeks ago.

Haven't seen him play much, but seems pretty solid from the stats.
Getting a good player there. Really disappointed we didn't re-sign him. Has been one of our leading tacklers in the last few years.

Plays hard and his nickname is 'The Heater'... Can play outside or inside.

Good move by the Saints
Old 05.04.2012, 12:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via Skype™ to the_walrus

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...9ers-in-speech

And Williams has screwed us over again! *sigh*
Old 05.04.2012, 02:19 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post

That was so disturbing to listen to...
That man is a four letter expletive word
Old 05.04.2012, 02:28 PM
Pro Bowler

I'll listen to the whole thing when I get home, but I've read the transcripts. There really is no excuse for it. Part of me (the part that starts thinking after a 6-pack at 1am) really believes he left a trail of breadcrumbs when he knew the Saints were going to get busted over bounties...

And just when we were doing a decent job of rebuilding our D with Lofton and that other LB we got from Seattle, and Gooddell was keen to put this in the past and move on.
Old 05.04.2012, 06:33 PM
Pro Bowler

And, the same day I say that, Vittt's lawyers come out with this.... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Hard to know if I believe it, or just want it to be the case.
Old 05.04.2012, 10:45 PM
Starter

Me and my dad are planning on going to see the saints for the first time. Cant wait, need to go in week 1 or 2 though. So hoping for a good matchup. Anyone have any tips on going to new orleans, would be much appreciated. ie whether to buy tickets there or to get them before etc.
Old 06.04.2012, 03:37 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoffy View Post
Me and my dad are planning on going to see the saints for the first time. Cant wait, need to go in week 1 or 2 though. So hoping for a good matchup. Anyone have any tips on going to new orleans, would be much appreciated. ie whether to buy tickets there or to get them before etc.
You're a brave man, willing to go 4000 miles across the other side of the world to see an American football game you don't have a ticket for yet?!

Jeez, buy the tickets before you go, use ticketmaster when they first go on sale and if you can't get one buy one through the ticketmaster re-sale system (TicketeXchange)...
Old 06.04.2012, 11:09 AM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to martin3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoffy View Post
Don't buy tickets on the street unless you're gonna be sitting next to the guy who's selling them. Here's why,

Season tickets are issued at the start of the season (obviously) if someone with a season ticket wants to sell a ticket they can put them on stub hub. When sold on stub hub the website issues a brand new ticket a d cancels the old ticket. Here's the problem, the season ticket holder still has the cancelled ticket. The unscrupulous owner can then hit the bars and sell the ticket again. Until the buyer reaches the gate and gets refused entry by the computer there is no way of telling if the ticket has been canceled.

Every week the times picayune is full of these stories where tourists have been caught out. There's a gang of people who buy season tickets (on eBay etc) and double sell the whole season.

You have been warned.

As for things to do, pat obriens (piano bar in the quarter), a meal in the Manning's restaurant, champions square on game day.

Hopefully (visa willing) i'll be living out there come the pre season. If you get stuck for tickets give me a shout. I've several friends who have legit season tickets who may be able to help.
Old 06.04.2012, 11:12 AM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to martin3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post

In a way this may help us. The players will have their defence strengthened that it was Williams system that if they didn't go a long with they wouldn't make the lineup.
Old 10.04.2012, 02:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin3026 View Post
Don't buy tickets on the street unless you're gonna be sitting next to the guy who's selling them. Here's why,

Season tickets are issued at the start of the season (obviously) if someone with a season ticket wants to sell a ticket they can put them on stub hub. When sold on stub hub the website issues a brand new ticket a d cancels the old ticket. Here's the problem, the season ticket holder still has the cancelled ticket. The unscrupulous owner can then hit the bars and sell the ticket again. Until the buyer reaches the gate and gets refused entry by the computer there is no way of telling if the ticket has been canceled.

Every week the times picayune is full of these stories where tourists have been caught out. There's a gang of people who buy season tickets (on eBay etc) and double sell the whole season.

You have been warned.

As for things to do, pat obriens (piano bar in the quarter), a meal in the Manning's restaurant, champions square on game day.

Hopefully (visa willing) i'll be living out there come the pre season. If you get stuck for tickets give me a shout. I've several friends who have legit season tickets who may be able to help.
Sorry for the delay in replying. This is more than helpful and I will be in touch should I'm finding it difficult with tickets etc.