2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 03.01.2013, 09:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
Got no problem with going O line and WR would probably also take a look at a safety, not too impressed with the players, I'd probably go a different route but I can see the logic behind the picks.
The picks were just my bpa for your positions of need. Obviously if Allen was to fall to you it would be better
Old 03.01.2013, 09:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Levy View Post
Does Geno Smith really go number 1? Really seems to be a poor crop of QBs this year. Which could potentially be good news for us if any team gets desperate and wants to over pay for Matt Flynn.

I've seen Terrance Williams mocked to us a lot. I doubt we go WR in the first round as it stands. We have a more pressing need at DT, zero pressure being generated inside and I'd expect us to use our first rounder there and would love us to package Flynn in a deal that would allow us to move up and grab Sheldon Richardson.
Geno Smith shouldn't go number one but I think he will. I don't think there is any player that is a Jadeveon Cowney or Suh type come draft time that means a QB won't be taken first. I've just not been impressed by the Seattle WR's but their D has looked great hence the WR route.
Old 03.01.2013, 09:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalakev View Post
I am not convinced by Bjorn Werner on a 3-4 team, he might have the skills to play as a 3-4 DE but it would require some filling out and he looks like he has a higher value for a 4-3 team. Additionally we have our starting DEs for next season sorted in Corey Liuget and Kendall Reyes and while I feel we can add depth at the position we have many more pressing needs and I would hope there is talent available at one of those spots with the 11th pick
I've not heard many good or bad things about Liuget, is he doing well? Maybe I had a bad pick there but Werner is a great talent and maybe they could do like Detroit and have lots of talented D lineman
Old 03.01.2013, 09:19 PM
All Pro

Where/when do you see Landry Jones going?
Old 03.01.2013, 09:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
Where/when do you see Landry Jones going?
I think he will be a 2nd rounder, his potential didn't materialise as hoped but I think he could develop into a good QB if given 2-3 years to sit behind someone in the NFL. He will quietly impress at the combine and pro days so someone will take a punt who is maybe not quite as desperate in the QB market, I'd like to see someone like Dallas or Chicago give him a go.
Old 03.01.2013, 09:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
I think he will be a 2nd rounder, his potential didn't materialise as hoped but I think he could develop into a good QB if given 2-3 years to sit behind someone in the NFL. He will quietly impress at the combine and pro days so someone will take a punt who is maybe not quite as desperate in the QB market, I'd like to see someone like Dallas or Chicago give him a go.
I see Jones as bad qb prospect for NFL right now, seems way too passive and chokes too much for me. I'd take Nassib, Glennon, Barkley, Wilson, Bray, Dysert, Boyd etc all before him
Old 03.01.2013, 09:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
If Jarvis Jones goes to Cleveland then their defense has scary potential. They already have a very good pass rusher in Sheard, adding Jones to play linebacker really gives defenses something to think about.

I'd be surprised if Lotuleile went as low as ten, he's a potential top three pick. If he does then Tennessee have made a big improvement up front too.

Another big selection is Mingo to Pittsburgh. With Harrison aging he would be yet another guy they could sit on for a year and then let loose.

Te'o would be the absolute dream scenario for the Bengals- let him sit in the middle and keep Burfict out at Sam- but if he was to drop that far Baltimore would jump ahead of us and snap him up for sure.

I like the Montgomery pick in Atlanta as well. He's my early favorite target for the Bengals if we lose this weekend.

Star is a great player but I never feel comfortable taking a player who is lazy that high. When he is on his game he is unstoppable but sometimes he just doesn't try it seems,. Someone as talented as him, with better teammates than some might think, should do much better. I think he underperformed this season and wouldn't be shocked if he fell a little. Ten might be extreme but who would have though Fairley would have fell as far as he did. Different players though
Old 03.01.2013, 11:09 PM
MVP

Nothing about Barkely sells me as a first round talent. His WRs are both first round talents, he had the best left tackle prospect since Jake Long protecting his blind side for three years, the talent level on his team is on another level to any other Pac 10/12 team he has played (other than Oregon) in what isn't a good confernce for defence. When it mattered his senior season he did lead USC to be crowned as the worst preason 1# since the BCS was created. He is Jimmy Clausen with no off field red flags. Personal if there was a choice to pick between the 2 four year starters from elite programs I am going with Landry Jones over Barkely.
Old 04.01.2013, 01:48 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niner35 View Post
Johnthan Banks is a favourite of mine and his draft position is just as much about me making a statement as it is about his value probably

Don't know about Barkley but there are always desperate teams and a four year USC starter will still entice some.

Hopkins will hopefull return with Boyd for another season and I don't think Austin is big enough to be taken that high. If Hunter times well, I think people will really admire his skills as a deep threat.

Logan Ryan is amazing and obviously there is the Schiano link.

As for Te'o, I explained in the NFL section why I think he should drop. They haven't deleted it yet after I put it in the wrong section and now I'm jumping between threads!
USC QBs haven't exactly done great in the pros, I think teams will go for QBs with higher upside instead of Barkley.
Old 04.01.2013, 11:06 AM
All Pro

Jarvis Jones doesnt make it to 6, a beast of a player