College Recruiting - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 04.01.2013, 02:12 AM
Pro Bowler

Default College Recruiting

Any of you guys follow college recruiting?

I've really got into it lately with all the all star games coming up, and as a Miami Hurricanes fan I can't wait for National Signing Day.
Old 04.01.2013, 10:16 AM
MVP

I keep up on Bleacher report which is never going to be reliable. Without watching any high school football it's all just comes down to trusting their 4 star rankings / 5 star rankings.

Miami's a tough one they have brought in top class talent since joining in the ACC but never won their division let alone conference. Something about the culture of the U doesn't seem to work since joining the ACC. Recruits seem carious about committing right now with the probable sanctions hanging over them their class isn’t big but it’s still loaded with talent.

With my two schools I have rooting interest in Syracuse have a pretty light class with some three star talents committed they could really pick it up in the end with a few four star players rumoured to be considering. Their top prospect is down to two schools having all ready eliminated Alabama and Florida. It's either Clemson or Syracuse for the four star linebacker from NYC could go either way. With Utah their class is deep with three star prospects and one four star WR out of Cal. If they keep this up they should be competitive in the Pac 12 in a few seasons.
Old 04.01.2013, 12:09 PM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to Razors Edge

Does anybody think Penn State will be able to keep hold of that QB now that the word is out about BO'B wanting to get back into the NFL at the earliest opportunity?

I'd bet his parents' phone has been ringing off the hook in the last 24 hours.
Old 04.01.2013, 12:25 PM
All Pro

I'm just happy with the Michigan class. I'm very confident Derrick Green will committ and if we can add a guy like McQuay too, that would make it the best class in the country imo, especially now that a lot of USC recruits are having second thoughts
Old 04.01.2013, 12:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
Does anybody think Penn State will be able to keep hold of that QB now that the word is out about BO'B wanting to get back into the NFL at the earliest opportunity?

I'd bet his parents' phone has been ringing off the hook in the last 24 hours.
Bill O'Brien comes across looking shady to me despite. He takes a job which he was a small name candidate for, he goes into the interview knowing full the situation at Penn State it’s a long term rebuilding process, he goes out does better than expected both in recruiting and on the field. Now he is flirting with the NFL after one season. That is beyond disrespectful in my eyes and he comes out and says "I'm not a one and done guy" like we should respect him for that. He got 2.5 million a year for a job where there was no pressure to win and now thanks to flirting with the NFL a Penn State booster increases his pay to 3.7 million for 2013 another year which Penn State cannot go to a BCS bowl. The press over his choice to stay is seemingly university positive but the way it was handled shouldn’t have been.

On topic I think Hackenberg has sold himself on the idea of rebuilding the program. He knows his redshirt/JR or true senior season will give him a season to play for something worth while. Good academics, likely four year starting career and playing for a major program.
Old 04.01.2013, 12:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Bill O'Brien comes across looking shady to me despite. He takes a job which he was a small name candidate for, he goes into the interview knowing full the situation at Penn State it’s a long term rebuilding process, he goes out does better than expected both in recruiting and on the field. Now he is flirting with the NFL after one season. That is beyond disrespectful in my eyes and he comes out and says "I'm not a one and done guy" like we should respect him for that. He got 2.5 million a year for a job where there was no pressure to win and now thanks to flirting with the NFL a Penn State booster increases his pay to 3.7 million for 2013 another year which Penn State cannot go to a BCS bowl. The press over his choice to stay is seemingly university positive but the way it was handled shouldn’t have been.

On topic I think Hackenberg has sold himself on the idea of rebuilding the program. He knows his redshirt/JR or true senior season will give him a season to play for something worth while. Good academics, likely four year starting career and playing for a major program.
I don't like what he seems to be doing here, Penn State was a good situation to go into for him because if they struggled then he had excuses but now its gone well he's ready to jump ship. If I was someone like the Bills or Browns I wouldn't want him because after a year or two of doing well he'd probably leave again for a better NFL job or if he struggles do a Saban and disappear back to the College game.
Old 04.01.2013, 12:58 PM
MVP

Have I missed something? O'Brien has stated he is at Penn State for the long term last I heard.

I have tried to keep abreast of recruiting, but there are only so many hours in a day.
Scout.com and Rivals.com are the 2 sites I use.
Old 04.01.2013, 01:00 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to Csna

O'Brien isnt going anywhere according to reports.
Old 04.01.2013, 01:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Have I missed something? O'Brien has stated he is at Penn State for the long term last I heard.

I have tried to keep abreast of recruiting, but there are only so many hours in a day.
He interviewed with the Browns and Eagles then came out declared he is staying with Penn State who gave him an extra 1.1 million for 2013.
Old 04.01.2013, 01:04 PM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to Razors Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post

We know he's not going anywhere (this year), but he clearly fancies the idea of getting back into the Pro game.

Would you want to commit yourself to a coach who might bolt after 12 months?