Raiders/Chargers in Joint Proposal for Los Angeles - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 12.08.2015, 03:54 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to jack1 Send a message via Skype™ to jack1

So after the owners meeting yesterday on the subject and through my general reading of the situation one thing is clear; the Raiders days in Oakland are numbered whether they move to LA or elsewhere.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...gers/31506105/
Old 12.08.2015, 04:37 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
So after the owners meeting yesterday on the subject and through my general reading of the situation one thing is clear; the Raiders days in Oakland are numbered whether they move to LA or elsewhere.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...gers/31506105/
It'll be Rams first to Inglewood and the dominoes will fall after that.

Have they stated when the San Diego public vote is? Newly built stadium right next to Qualcomm if all goes well.
Old 13.08.2015, 09:48 PM
MVP

This is all rather complex because things do not align nicely. As I understand it:

1. The Raiders have little hope of remaining in Oakland
2. The Rams are furthest ahead with their stadium plan
3. St Louis has the most compelling case for keeping their team
4. There will not be 2 LA stadiums: it will either be the Rams stadium or the joint Raiders/Chargers stadium

So on the one hand you have Kroenke who has the land, is ready get going and really wants to go to LA, but on the other St Louis is doing more to keep the Rams than the other 2 cities are doing to keep their teams. The Raiders look very likely to leave Oakland but without the joint move with the Chargers they can't go to LA, and if Kroenke gets the Rams there first the that plan is blown out of the water regardless of what the Chargers do.

It's a really tough one. My heart says the Rams are truly the team that belongs in LA. My head says the most sensible solution is the Raiders/Chargers one and that St Louis should keep the Rams in a new stadium, but my head also says that it would be better to have 1 team in LA and 1 in San Diego than 2 in LA.
Old 14.08.2015, 05:31 AM
All Pro

If I was betting right now, I'd say Rams to LA and Raiders to St Louis.
Old 14.08.2015, 06:44 AM
All Pro

Has Stan ruled out sharing with the Raiders/Chargers?
Old 14.08.2015, 07:48 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchew View Post
Has Stan ruled out sharing with the Raiders/Chargers?
I don't know if it has been ruled out per se, but it would clearly be a Rams stadium with a tenant (like the old Giants-Jets arrangement) rather than a joint stadium (like the new Giants-Jets arrangement). There was talk of the Raiders sharing the 9ers' stadium at some point - I can't recall whether one or both teams ruled it out, but it appears to have been ruled out in any case.
Old 14.08.2015, 07:48 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Raiders to St Louis.
Only problem I can see with that is as a St. Louisan my reaction is probably going to be:

You mean to tell me I can become emotionally invested in the Raiders, support them through some of the worst football ever known to man, become invested in the players, take my young Grandson to watch Raiders games, just like I took my son to watch Rams games, just like my farther took me to watch Rams games, just to have a owner move them away due to greed.

And I can do all of that whilst hearing from other fans that the Raiders belong in Oakland, and how I don't care about football, I'm just a baseball fan?

Nah I'm good, I'll use the money I'm saving on my PSL, season ticket and Sunday ticket to travel up to watch Mizzou win the SEC East, and to upgrade my Cardinals tickets.

Good luck to you though, hope you find a home for the Raiders, someone will take them.
Old 14.08.2015, 10:58 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw13 View Post
Only problem I can see with that is as a St. Louisan my reaction is probably going to be:

You mean to tell me I can become emotionally invested in the Raiders, support them through some of the worst football ever known to man, become invested in the players, take my young Grandson to watch Raiders games, just like I took my son to watch Rams games, just like my farther took me to watch Rams games, just to have a owner move them away due to greed.

And I can do all of that whilst hearing from other fans that the Raiders belong in Oakland, and how I don't care about football, I'm just a baseball fan?

Nah I'm good, I'll use the money I'm saving on my PSL, season ticket and Sunday ticket to travel up to watch Mizzou win the SEC East, and to upgrade my Cardinals tickets.

Good luck to you though, hope you find a home for the Raiders, someone will take them.
Replace 'Raiders' with 'Rams'. Replace 'Rams' with 'Cardinals'. 1994 wants its complaining back.
Old 19.08.2015, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

A video of the proposed stadium in Carson.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UMmrsj...ature=youtu.be
Old 20.08.2015, 07:49 AM
Pro Bowler

This has probably been mentioned before, but why did the teams move from LA in the first place.

Did the fans stop turning up when teams were unsuccessful?

I didn't start watching NFL until about 6-7 years after the last team(s) moved from LA.