Terrestrial/Free To Air NFL Coverage Discussion - Page 45 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 19.08.2015, 10:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Don't see what is to gain by it unless there is some truth to it.
Old 19.08.2015, 11:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldenavn View Post
You will be able to get ITV4 from from next Tuesday.

That is when it will move to the main ITV/C4 multiplex which is available from all transmitters.
Thanks for that.
Old 19.08.2015, 11:22 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath_BTGOG View Post
If you want it to grow then it has to be free to watch or at the very least a highlights show. The waiting is unbearable and I can see myself having to take the plunge (CAN'T REALLY AFFORD IT) and get a gamepass to get my fix of NFL this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Broncos View Post
Very true, but call me cynical but part of me believes that's why pretty much all UK TV deals for the NFL are so delayed.
It's highly unprofessional. It's not like the NFL relies on its income from UK fans. (Maybe the league underfunds NFLUK, I dunno.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
All games live and free, what a joke
Yeah, look at those losers over there in Germany. Getting live free-to-air coverage of 2 Sunday evening games and all the playoffs. What a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcapp96 View Post
There has been loads of comments on this thread and others that the NFL needs SNF to be on free TV to help grow the sport but that is just nonsense. The numbers of fans gained from having SNF on C4 or BBC is going to be in single digits, if not zero.
Old 20.08.2015, 05:51 AM
MVP

So this is Simon Cooksey's Twitter, not Vernon's, unless I am missing something?

Is this guy somebody who would be 'in the know'? Journo? Media?
Old 20.08.2015, 08:05 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
So this is Simon Cooksey's Twitter, not Vernon's, unless I am missing something?

I think its the fact Vernon has retweeted it that has caught peoples attention. Mike has been saying for weeks that there is no C4 coverage, so this is either an error in judgement from Vern or something has changed.....why or how this SImon geezer would be the 1st to know is weird though, and looking at it it now appears as though he has deleted the tweet (or Vern has) so probably no change.

I know people are unhappy, but its been coming. C4 have been moving the highlights show around trying to find the most attractive spot and it didn't draw the viewers. We have gamepass available to us now which a lot of people use, and the average audience (I believe) for your normal Sunday doubleheader on SKY is only 400k. Factor in the gamepass users, and the latenight element of SNF and I would doubt the viewing figures justifies the expenditure for the NFL rights on C4.
I disagree entirely with the person who said the NFL in this country is going backwards, but if the NFL wants to continue growth here, they need to get some Free to Air options and make the package accesible for broadcasters
Old 20.08.2015, 08:18 AM
All Pro

SNF doesn't need to be Free-to-Air, whats the point it starts at 1am its hardly going to have a massive audience. To grow the sport you need to reach the youngsters like they did with NFL Blitz in the late 80's (the reason a lot of us got into the NFL).
Its a highlight package that will do the best job, it cuts out all the garbage time borefest and just shows the excitement.....the rest will follow naturally.

To be honest the BBC/ITV take the p*ss when it comes to the NFL, all they want is to show the playoffs and Superbowl as thats where the viewing figures are.....its bandwagoning abd everytime they have covered the big game, the product has been trash!!

We're at a danger point with the NFL over here. The growth of people only watching their own team on Gamepass means that the viewing figures on Sky will begin to fall, if/when that happens then suddenly paying a large sum for the rights to the sport becomes a more difficult decision!
Old 20.08.2015, 08:28 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to jack1 Send a message via Skype™ to jack1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post

Vernon Kaye retweeted it
Old 20.08.2015, 08:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryt View Post
I think its the fact Vernon has retweeted it that has caught peoples attention. Mike has been saying for weeks that there is no C4 coverage, so this is either an error in judgement from Vern or something has changed.....why or how this SImon geezer would be the 1st to know is weird though, and looking at it it now appears as though he has deleted the tweet (or Vern has) so probably no change.

I know people are unhappy, but its been coming. C4 have been moving the highlights show around trying to find the most attractive spot and it didn't draw the viewers. We have gamepass available to us now which a lot of people use, and the average audience (I believe) for your normal Sunday doubleheader on SKY is only 400k. Factor in the gamepass users, and the latenight element of SNF and I would doubt the viewing figures justifies the expenditure for the NFL rights on C4.
I disagree entirely with the person who said the NFL in this country is going backwards, but if the NFL wants to continue growth here, they need to get some Free to Air options and make the package accesible for broadcasters
I think it's more likely Vernon's fat thumb retweeted it on his app by mistake. I know I retweet and favourite far too many tweets I don't mean to by that method!

No the average audience according to BARB for the NFL games on Sunday night on Sky is around 80,000. Mark Waller claimed on a PFT radio show that they get 400k a game but no neutral or 'non-spun' figures show this to be anywhere near accurate. The highlights show on Channel 4 didn't get that and the live Wembley games on Channel 4 struggled around that mark.
Old 20.08.2015, 08:33 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to jack1 Send a message via Skype™ to jack1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
I think it's more likely Vernon's fat thumb retweeted it on his app by mistake. I know I retweet and favourite far too many tweets I don't mean to by that method!

No the average audience according to BARB for the NFL games on Sunday night on Sky is around 80,000. Mark Waller claimed on a PFT radio show that they get 400k a game but no neutral or 'non-spun' figures show this to be anywhere near accurate. The highlights show on Channel 4 didn't get that and the live Wembley games on Channel 4 struggled around that mark.
If Vernon retweeted it by accident he surely would have deleted it by now? That's not to say however there are any validity to the rumours.
Old 20.08.2015, 08:45 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
If Vernon retweeted it by accident he surely would have deleted it by now? That's not to say however there are any validity to the rumours.
Actually looking at his timeline it looks like he's just making a point because he retweeted another one asking about C4 coverage before that as well.