Raiders/Chargers in Joint Proposal for Los Angeles - Page 12 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 28.08.2015, 10:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy87 View Post
I will be gutted if we move personally, such a great City with the Weather - not saying Chargers have the best fanbase by any stretch but still good enough to warrant investing in a new Stadium and staying where we are.

LA is just a dump in comparison to San Diego.

The one thing that I have never really got my head round since I started watching American Football is how you can effectively just move your team to another part of the Country!
Well... it's a team. And it's yours. Move it where you like. Arsenal were from Woolwich Arsenal, not Islington. West Ham haven't played in actual West Ham for years, they play in East Ham. Chelsea play in Fulham. Queens Park Rangers haven't been in Queens Park for a long time, they're in Shepherds Bush. And so on. Then you've got Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes.

And the Chargers started in LA anyway.
Old 04.09.2015, 08:24 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to jack1 Send a message via Skype™ to jack1

A unsubstantiated report but an interesting one nonetheless. Inglewood is looking like the preferred destination with the Chargers joining the Rams there.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...stadium-090215
Old 04.09.2015, 06:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
A unsubstantiated report but an interesting one nonetheless. Inglewood is looking like the preferred destination with the Chargers joining the Rams there.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...stadium-090215
It is. Fox sports have finally arrived at the Inglewood party.
Old 05.09.2015, 06:47 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to jack1 Send a message via Skype™ to jack1

A very comprehensive article about sports teams moving with a focus on the current LA situation.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/2...iders-chargers
Old 06.09.2015, 10:21 AM
Hall of Fame

The Rams thing makes sense to me but it's the only one that does. Maybe that's because as a Niner, the Rams are an LA team to me and indeed most of their history was there. I think the Niners-Rams rivalry was diluted in part by them being in a place like St Louis anyway.

The other thing I can understand is getting out of St Louis too. Place is an absolute toilet.

I love SD and have been there numerous times. I would hate for them to lose their team and have always had a soft spot for the Chargers.
Old 07.09.2015, 03:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post
The Rams thing makes sense to me but it's the only one that does. Maybe that's because as a Niner, the Rams are an LA team to me and indeed most of their history was there. I think the Niners-Rams rivalry was diluted in part by them being in a place like St Louis anyway.

The other thing I can understand is getting out of St Louis too. Place is an absolute toilet.

I love SD and have been there numerous times. I would hate for them to lose their team and have always had a soft spot for the Chargers.
I'm sure a lot of us share the SD sentiments. Missed out going there in 2012 when the Falcons played (and put on a show) there.

Unfortunately it appears as if they haven't really got much support to get a new stadium built there. Maybe the only NFL stadium that actually needs a substantial upgrade.
Old 07.09.2015, 06:50 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post

Totally agree. Been to SD as part of a trip to California and its such a nice city. The Chargers have been in SD for so long too that you just can't imagine them moving elsewhere, but if LA is building the stadium then a team will be playing in it.

I wouldn't say St. Louis is that bad though. I thought it was really nice. The fans do turn up to support the Rams too and considering what they had to put up with a few seasons ago then credit should go to them for doing so.

I wouldn't want either team to move really but it seems inevitable one or both is going to do so.
Old 08.09.2015, 07:53 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Well... it's a team. And it's yours. Move it where you like. Arsenal were from Woolwich Arsenal, not Islington. West Ham haven't played in actual West Ham for years, they play in East Ham. Chelsea play in Fulham. Queens Park Rangers haven't been in Queens Park for a long time, they're in Shepherds Bush. And so on. Then you've got Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes.

And the Chargers started in LA anyway.
Chelsea have never played in Chelsea, they've always been in Fulham. Something to do with Fulham not wanting to pay to play in the football ground there, so a new team was formed to play at the ground; Chelsea.
Old 09.09.2015, 11:55 AM
tsmith1

Default LA NFL Team

Wanted to see what the general feeling was about LA having a NFL team next year. Who do you think will make the move and why? Will this be a good move for that team and the league as a whole?
Old 09.09.2015, 01:25 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith1 View Post
Wanted to see what the general feeling was about LA having a NFL team next year. Who do you think will make the move and why? Will this be a good move for that team and the league as a whole?
From what I've read it seems like the Rams are the most likely to move to LA. The Raiders probably need a new stadium the most, but seem the least likely to move in the near future.

The NFL seems to keep trying to have teams in LA. I do wonder if there is the appetite for more than one franchise to move there.