Quarterback hunt - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 07.03.2012, 07:30 PM
All Pro

RG3 in a heartbeat. I'm totally hooked by the hype and cannot imagine any other possibility.

Seriously, though, my preference is definitely with RG3 and with that I mean no disrespect to Manning. As shown this season, Manning elevates even a mediocre team. However, there's always a risk with his injury. You could also argue these things never work out for the Redskins (not entirely true) and how well he'll fit in. I'm more concerned about the short term fix leaving the need to find another franchise quarterback in 3-4 years time.

I understand that RG3 is an unknown quantity at NFL level and could even be a bust, but if Shanahan believes he can be a franchise QB for years to come, he has to go for it. His deep accuracy is highly desirable to the extent that without even an upgrade to the receiver corps, the Redskins should be able to come up with more big plays just by being able to hit his receiver in stride (saw a few big gains that could have been even bigger or even touchdowns had this been the case). His mobility should afford him more time to throw than Grossman had and will suit the offense's use of bootleg plays. I also can't ignore his academic intelligence and upbringing - he should be an intelligent player.

I've said in the past that a deal in the region of the Rivers-Manning trade would be acceptable, I'd even accept them giving up a little more if they have to (although I think keeping hold of the second round pick would allow the more flexibility in this year's draft and I'd want them to retain this).
Old 10.03.2012, 11:48 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_friend_goo View Post

I've said in the past that a deal in the region of the Rivers-Manning trade would be acceptable, I'd even accept them giving up a little more if they have to (although I think keeping hold of the second round pick would allow the more flexibility in this year's draft and I'd want them to retain this).
LMFAO! Oh well.
Old 26.09.2015, 05:52 PM
Starter

Default QB Future Rypien

Headsup Redskins fans Hope you guys are following Boise College football
An old Redskins Mark Rypien's nephew Brett Rypien started first game last night.
He's a top prospect so you never know may end up in NFL?
http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redski...-over-virginia
One to watch