Color rush - Epic fail? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13.11.2015, 12:35 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default Color rush - Epic fail?

Judging from the amount of complaints about the game last night affecting colour blind people, it looks the NFL dropped an almighty clanger. Surely, given the whole game was about colour, they might not have made it so over 10 million people in their own country would struggle to watch it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13.11.2015, 12:48 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

You'd have thought a big money organisation like the NFL would have done it's homework. Game was hard enough to watch if you weren't colourblind....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13.11.2015, 01:04 PM
ADBEARSFAN's Avatar
ADBEARSFAN ADBEARSFAN is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 26.11.2014
Posts: 760
Default

Watched the highlights and it does make your eyes hurt, the kits are too bright.

Not to mention that fact that colourblind people can't differentiate between the 2 uniforms.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13.11.2015, 01:11 PM
Northern Soul's Avatar
Northern Soul Northern Soul is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 15.10.2006
Posts: 6,861
Default

I turned it off partly because the colours were ridiculous, but mostly because the Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech game on ESPN was more fun to watch.
I managed to last right up until the field goal in the first quarter, but had already had enough.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13.11.2015, 01:29 PM
ilovedthehoustonoilers's Avatar
ilovedthehoustonoilers ilovedthehoustonoilers is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 30.10.2015
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBEARSFAN View Post
Watched the highlights and it does make your eyes hurt, the kits are too bright.

Not to mention that fact that colourblind people can't differentiate between the 2 uniforms.
so the majority have to pander the minority, what about soccer and other sports that play in colours, why should nfl be so different.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13.11.2015, 01:39 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Watched the game and liked the uniforms,the Jets helmet had a strange shiny "glow" and even the Bills red hoodies looked nice.It was a very good game that maybe did not need the colour rush thing to sell it unlike maybe next weeks titans/jags match up.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13.11.2015, 01:46 PM
namloc's Avatar
namloc namloc is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 14.05.2007
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Watched the game and liked the uniforms,the Jets helmet had a strange shiny "glow" and even the Bills red hoodies looked nice.It was a very good game that maybe did not need the colour rush thing to sell it unlike maybe next weeks titans/jags match up.
With the Colts struggling and Luck out for weeks the Titans/Jags game is suddenly huge!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13.11.2015, 02:14 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namloc View Post
With the Colts struggling and Luck out for weeks the Titans/Jags game is suddenly huge!
Words you never imagined typing "this jags/titans game is suddenle huge" unless it was for the #1 overall pick.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13.11.2015, 02:37 PM
namloc's Avatar
namloc namloc is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 14.05.2007
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedthehoustonoilers View Post
so the majority have to pander the minority, what about soccer and other sports that play in colours, why should nfl be so different.
All red versus all green is the issue. Has there been a game of soccer like that?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13.11.2015, 02:42 PM
YorkBill's Avatar
YorkBill YorkBill is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 30.09.2008
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namloc View Post
All red versus all green is the issue. Has there been a game of soccer like that?
I support York and I've struggled when we've played Plymouth but most times they wear different colour shorts which helps.

I've had a quick look at Ireland v Wales at Rugby Union and that's a shocker.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 08:21 AM.