Could the Panthers be the most likeable NFL team in the last 30 years? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 24.11.2015, 07:01 PM
MVP

I liked watching them when Jake Delhomme was QB. Before his meltdown late on he was a great QB to watch.

I don't like Cam. His throws are allright, but IMO he begrudgingly lets others get some of the limelight and 100% of the time, if he could, would take all the credit himself. I've watched games where the impression I was left with was Cam would rather get a first down and do a little dance himself, than pass for a TD or hand off for a TD.

Having said that. Most teams have their likeable side. Just a handful that I really cant stand.
Old 24.11.2015, 07:01 PM
All Pro

Personally, a team like the '97 Broncos would be more likeable to me (and I will point out for certain newer fans that the Seahawks were division rivals with them at that time).

Nothing against these Panthers but that was just a much better story.
Old 24.11.2015, 08:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Not sure if they are the most likeable in the last 30 yrs but they are definitley one of the most entertaining teams to watch so far this year.
Old 24.11.2015, 09:32 PM
All Pro

No, the Cardinals are the most likeable team this year. Proper old skool vertical passing game, great characters all over the field and at head coach. Big play team. None of this tedious short risk free passing game that's been like a virus in the NFL. Al Davis would approve.
Old 24.11.2015, 09:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
I can see why people would like Cam, and I will admit myself to being a huge fan of defense first teams - so in that sense I have to grudgingly accept that they're an impressive outfit.

Riverboat Ron grates on me though - and always has done - just something about him that gets my goat.

I do hope they keep winning for now though. I want them to be 15-0 when we roll into Carolina on january 3rd. And I want them at full strength, so no excuses when we beat them and Jameis 'dabs' in their endzone

Sorry. I'm pathetic, I know
Well if we can't (and I'm not sure we can given we're in freefall at the moment) then I hope you can.
Old 24.11.2015, 10:05 PM
All Pro

I have a lot of respect for them, particularly the way they built their defence.

Cam is a great athlete and decent quarterback, but I can't stand him. It's all about
him, even the way he gives the kids in the crowd the ball seems self serving.

A couple of years back, when they were poor he'd do his annoying superman pose
even though they were 40 pts down in the 4th.

Anyway, fair play to them, one of the best defences in the game and probably the best
in the NFC at the moment, whether they're the most popular, I wouldn't know. Apparently
when the Saints won the Super bowl, they were the nations darlings, though other NFC South
fans would probably disagree
Old 24.11.2015, 10:59 PM
GOAT

not counting the Giants, i mean stopping the Pats is a sure fire winner

but i agree, although Cam has no good dirty haters, so that might be the spanner in the works.
Old 25.11.2015, 12:40 PM
MVP

Most likeable team in 30 years? Erm.....no.....I wouldn't think so.

I do like this Panthers team though. I like the way they go about winning. Run the ball and back it up with solid Defense. That's my kind of football. It's good to see that brand of football bearing fruit, even in these pass happy days.

My dream scenario in the NFC this year would be a Vikings v Panthers NFC Championship game. That would be great. Leave the poster boy QBs at home and let's get down to some serious hitting.

If the Panthers go all the way this year then I won't mind one bit. In fact I'd be happy for them.
Old 25.11.2015, 01:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
No, the Cardinals are the most likeable team this year. Proper old skool vertical passing game, great characters all over the field and at head coach. Big play team. None of this tedious short risk free passing game that's been like a virus in the NFL. Al Davis would approve.
As far as divisional rivals go, I actually like the Cardinals. Not a fan of Arians at all though.

Newton seems to have matured over the last couple of years, letting his play do the talking a lot more.