In need of some good advice! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 17.12.2013, 06:07 AM
Rookie

Default In need of some good advice!

Hi guys, right now I am 17 years old, I live in Bristol, UK.

In 2010/2011 I *really* got into American football, my team is the Arizona Cardinals of the NFC west. It took me a good few months to learn the rules and the right now-how to play the game, and before long I began teaching my siblings and friends how to play, and id watch games week in week out. I've practically done everything now but actually play the game, I want to know specifically how I can join a team and what teams are open to me. I'm totally confused at how to approach the whole thing. Do I email them... or just turn up? I don't have a clue! I am only aware of the Bristol Barracuda and Bristol Aztecs in my area.

My good traits are throwing the ball, positioning, team coordination, good balance and a fairly good tactical approach/mindset so I fancy myself as a possible quarterback. I know it'll require great training but im up for it.
Just to add, I have the physique of a regular association football (soccer)player of my age. (im 5'11 and around 120-140 pounds) I know you don't have to be massive to be a quarterback but is my size sufficient enough? Of course ill be hitting the gym as well!

(Let me throw out there that Im not looking for flag football or any non contact variant of the sport)

Any help will be massively appreciated, thanks all in advance

Last edited by NiallJenkins; 17.12.2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 17.12.2013, 07:29 AM
Pro

I started playing for a team myself in Manchester as a running back. I went recently to a rookie day they held there, the rookie day had a 2 hour session where they invited beginners who wanted to play and we tried every position. It would be great if a team in Bristol was doing the same thing.
What I have found is this, http://www.cudafootball.com/home.htm (that is a registration form for the team). You might have to be part of Bristol University though?
You can go on the Aztecs website : http://www.aztecs.co.uk/ and try and find something
Old 17.12.2013, 07:42 AM
All Pro

If you are heading to university then that is a great opportunity to start playing the game. Not only do you get to start with others who are new to the game but you also have a natural way to get into the British American football community and that should help you find a team in the future as well.
Old 17.12.2013, 10:59 AM
All Pro

Contact the Aztecs Niall. One of the best football programmes in the UK
Old 29.08.2016, 09:11 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallJenkins View Post
Hi guys, right now I am 17 years old, I live in Bristol, UK.

In 2010/2011 I *really* got into American football, my team is the Arizona Cardinals of the NFC west. It took me a good few months to learn the rules and the right now-how to play the game, and before long I began teaching my siblings and friends how to play, and id watch games week in week out. I've practically done everything now but actually play the game, I want to know specifically how I can join a team and what teams are open to me. I'm totally confused at how to approach the whole thing. Do I email them... or just turn up? I don't have a clue! I am only aware of the Bristol Barracuda and Bristol Aztecs in my area.

My good traits are throwing the ball, positioning, team coordination, good balance and a fairly good tactical approach/mindset so I fancy myself as a possible quarterback. I know it'll require great training but im up for it.
Just to add, I have the physique of a regular association football (soccer)player of my age. (im 5'11 and around 120-140 pounds) I know you don't have to be massive to be a quarterback but is my size sufficient enough? Of course ill be hitting the gym as well!

(Let me throw out there that Im not looking for flag football or any non contact variant of the sport)

Any help will be massively appreciated, thanks all in advance
Hello,

You can follow many blogs which provides tips on how to become good football coach, this will help you a lot. You can follow blogs like: http://winwiththepass.com/blog.

Hope this information will be helpful.

Last edited by erickstreelman; 29.08.2016 at 09:16 AM.

Tags
advice , arizona , bristol , england