Where is everyone? - Page 27 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 14.07.2017, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I think people should take the plunge and put more opinion threads on the NFL Season section.

We have so many different sections on the forum I don't think there is a central point for viewing. It is a bit of a mishmash.

I spend most of my time in the lower sections about entertainment etc as it is more or less guaranteed to have new content. Where as the top section rarely has new stuff.

I don't think I've ever made a thread in NFL Season. It kind of has an aura that only big, big stories can have a thread.

I think NFL season could be changed to a title such as "All things NFL" or something.
You're alluding to the same point I was making yesterday I think.

This Kirk Cousins thread is good example of what I mean, a specific topic (not just a slew of different topics in one thread) and pertinent. So I'm trying to get involved and post, because I think it's that which can drive people back.

At least for me personally, I'll check in more often if there's a interesting topic to debate.
Old 14.07.2017, 03:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
You're alluding to the same point I was making yesterday I think.

This Kirk Cousins thread is good example of what I mean, a specific topic (not just a slew of different topics in one thread) and pertinent. So I'm trying to get involved and post, because I think it's that which can drive people back.

At least for me personally, I'll check in more often if there's a interesting topic to debate.
I haven't read the rest of the thread so I have no idea if this is on topic but this is exactly how I feel about how you go about getting people (including myself) coming back here regularly.
Old 14.07.2017, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
You really appear to be struggling with the concept of leaving....
Shall I put Mano/Jagman out of his misery by pressing the big red button?

Let's have a vote.
Old 14.07.2017, 04:29 PM
Banned

Default Wake up

We should all speak our minds and be more controversial to encourage more discussion and add passion to here.
when I said I was leaving, I meant going out for a beer- what else would I mean- who moderates the moderators ???!!
Old 14.07.2017, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Shall I put Mano/Jagman out of his misery by pressing the big red button?

Let's have a vote.
Not fair, I want a big red button...

I vote yes, we haven't had a good banning in a long time. Make an occasion of it (cake, clowns, a big ass piƱata, the whole shebang)...
Old 14.07.2017, 04:34 PM
Banned

Default i think.......you should press the red button

Because you like to see how this forum is slowly dying a death by boredom because it cant keep its more interesting users around - because you are banning them- so carry on doing the same and guarantee a slow death by boredom and lack of interest to the forum- anyone that has a brain and speaks up is banned- anyone that shows passion and is dynamic and animated is not welcome- I think the forum is dying because the moderators have stifled it, and KILLED IT
Old 14.07.2017, 04:35 PM
Banned

Default Prove me right

Go on - show everyone how you have all mismanaged this place to oblivion by banning me !!
Old 14.07.2017, 04:36 PM
Banned

Default OR......

allow a little dissension sometimes- encourage differences- and make life here more interesting.
Old 14.07.2017, 04:38 PM
Banned

Default whats it gonna be-

More of the same- or something different -what would you prefer>>??
Old 14.07.2017, 04:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I think people should take the plunge and put more opinion threads on the NFL Season section.

We have so many different sections on the forum I don't think there is a central point for viewing. It is a bit of a mishmash.

I spend most of my time in the lower sections about entertainment etc as it is more or less guaranteed to have new content. Where as the top section rarely has new stuff.

I don't think I've ever made a thread in NFL Season. It kind of has an aura that only big, big stories can have a thread.

I think NFL season could be changed to a title such as "All things NFL" or something.
I agree that the NFL season section has lost its relevance. It was always about discussing news as it came up but (and I can understand why) generic threads such as the off season thread were created and resulted in where most comment and opinion was then posted.

I personally not a fan of the Hurt or Heal games. Again if it generates interest fine, just not my cuppa as I really don't know what it sets out to achieve and moves away from actually discussing the game

The recent mock draft and all time draft threads was a real throwback. Opinion and discussion had in a considered and friendly way.

But my main issue is that the forum for a newbie isn't easy to find. It does not have its own section on the homepage (probably deliberate) and instead is tucked away on a drop down menu under the disconcertingly vague More+ heading.
I guarantee that many visiting the site who'd contribute to a forum don't even know one exists on this site

Last edited by Crash11; 14.07.2017 at 04:45 PM.