European League discussion (La Liga, Ligue 1 etc) - Page 151 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 28.10.2018, 05:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
can't see lopetegui lasting more than an hour after the game.

make that a half hour (5-1)
Old 29.10.2018, 08:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
can't see lopetegui lasting more than an hour after the game.
Aaaaaand he's gone.
Old 29.10.2018, 09:30 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Aaaaaand he's gone.

Real are so classy, steal him from Spain and ruin there WC and then dump him in double quick time.
Old 03.11.2018, 07:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
Real are so classy, steal him from Spain and ruin there WC and then dump him in double quick time.
Typical. Just when things get interesting in La Liga (if you ignore Barca running away with it - again - yawn) and we're denied coverage of this on the basis of a fly-by-night cowboy operation who doesn't even have a proper TV channel bagging the rights. This has "failure" written all over it.
By the way, I think I know why they're called Eleven Sports - there's only eleven subscribers. In the entire world.

I'm here all week.
Old 03.11.2018, 08:21 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPacker View Post
Typical. Just when things get interesting in La Liga (if you ignore Barca running away with it - again - yawn) and we're denied coverage of this on the basis of a fly-by-night cowboy operation who doesn't even have a proper TV channel bagging the rights. This has "failure" written all over it.
By the way, I think I know why they're called Eleven Sports - there's only eleven subscribers. In the entire world.

I'm here all week.

i think La Liga needs to take some blame to, i don't know how big the difference in money was but the loss of viability is a killer.

i do hate that they came in snapped up some key rights and didn't bother working out a plan to get on TV platforms.

people can point out the popular nature of streaming platforms but the expectation of people to pay out for something else and without the device support the others offer is silly.
Old 23.11.2018, 06:23 PM
GOAT

allegedly Ramos failed a drugs test and obstructed on an UEFA covered it up.
Old 24.11.2018, 05:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
allegedly Ramos failed a drugs test and obstructed on an UEFA covered it up.
seem's via the leaks that the Madrid doctor administered a drug that is on the banned list unless the proper paperwork is filled in before hand but somehow wrote down the wrong drug which seems very sloppy.

also earlier in the week we found out that Man Utd/Monaco wanted a £3.2m bonus added into the Falcao loan deal a few years back if United finished top 4 but this is not allowed by the French league so they just inserted a clause in the deal that United would pay Monaco £3.2m for a friendly regardless of it every happening(which it didn't).

the sad truth about all these stories is FIFA/UEFA will do nothing to 99% of the teams/players involved but probably hammer some one from a "lower profile league" for much less.
Old 24.11.2018, 06:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Its rumoured Real Madrid (& other Spanish sides) have been doping their players for years using dubious clinics. WADA have reported in the past that they were alarmed by the lack of testing in La Liga
Old 07.12.2018, 11:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Unsurprisingly, Juve win the Derby d'italia.
Old 08.12.2018, 11:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Unsurprisingly, Juve win the Derby d'italia.
Sad that such is the state of Serie A, particularly the situations involving the historically bigger clubs, Juventus have out grown the league. They are light years ahead of the rest both on and off the field. Italian complacency in the mid 90's onwards has led to a crumbling infrastructure, lack of investment and poorly formulated TV deals have led to a horrible lack of competition to Juventus who have gone their own way with great success

But there is plenty of interesting stuff going on away from the usual names suc as the re-emergence of Parma, the continuing growth of Sassuolo and the return of SPAL after years in the wilderness and recent bankruptcy