Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 131 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1301  
Old 30.06.2019, 02:37 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Going to be a brave steward to give Verstappen a penalty, but it did look a slight push to force Leclerc off.
Reply With Quote
  #1302  
Old 30.06.2019, 04:51 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Have a word with yourself, F1. Over 2 hours now since the race finished...
Reply With Quote
  #1303  
Old 30.06.2019, 05:38 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

India were in their 12th over when this race finished, the match has now finished and still no verdict.
Reply With Quote
  #1304  
Old 30.06.2019, 05:52 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Have a word with yourself, F1. Over 2 hours now since the race finished...
yeah,if it took nearly 2 hours then the rules must be broken.

Max keeps the win after all.
Reply With Quote
  #1305  
Old 30.06.2019, 05:54 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
yeah,if it took nearly 2 hours then the rules must be broken.

Max keeps the win after all.
Vettel wouldn’t have gotten away with that...
Reply With Quote
  #1306  
Old 30.06.2019, 06:20 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Vettel wouldn’t have gotten away with that...

it looked fine and fair as he had a right to that position.



Vettel is a tool
Reply With Quote
  #1307  
Old 15.07.2019, 12:52 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Lewis got lucky with the safety car, but probably would have won anyway as they had to bring Bottas in again. Cracking scrap between Leclerc and Verstappen, and Vettel might have to rethink his strategy of bunting people off from behind...
Reply With Quote
  #1308  
Old 15.07.2019, 01:16 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Lewis got lucky with the safety car, but probably would have won anyway as they had to bring Bottas in again. Cracking scrap between Leclerc and Verstappen, and Vettel might have to rethink his strategy of bunting people off from behind...

a tad but as you say another stop was needed so it kind of didnt matter.



it was classic Vettel as he blamed the other guy right away.
Reply With Quote
  #1309  
Old 15.07.2019, 05:45 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Lewis got lucky with the safety car, but probably would have won anyway as they had to bring Bottas in again. Cracking scrap between Leclerc and Verstappen, and Vettel might have to rethink his strategy of bunting people off from behind...
out of interest when was the last time Mercedes gave there drivers different pit stop plans when they where both at the front of the race.Bottas was the lead car and they where going to 2 stop both but then switch Hamilton who was 2nd to a 1 stopper.

interesting to see what happens if this happened the other way round and they cost Hamilton a win to his team mate.

great racing between Red Bull/Ferrari all for 3rd place going forward.
Reply With Quote
  #1310  
Old 15.07.2019, 05:52 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
out of interest when was the last time Mercedes gave there drivers different pit stop plans when they where both at the front of the race.Bottas was the lead car and they where going to 2 stop both but then switch Hamilton who was 2nd to a 1 stopper.

interesting to see what happens if this happened the other way round and they cost Hamilton a win to his team mate.

great racing between Red Bull/Ferrari all for 3rd place going forward.
They did call Lewis in for a pit stop at the end, but it would have come out only a couple of seconds ahead of Bottas, guess they didn't want to take the risk of something going wrong in the pits. Lewis did go past the supposed life of the harder tyres, but the slower pace behind the safety car probably lengthened the life of those tyres and he did get the fastest lap on the final lap.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:05 AM.