Washington Visit - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Washington Redskins

Old 11.09.2015, 06:20 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINSGOONER View Post
How many times have you been to see them play Fast2406? and yes alot of controversy from the top ( owners ) to the coach and the players! only way we can slience and get things on track is winning games! but win or lose one club one nation redskin fans have to stick together, to much in house BS dont need it.... Tailgate party double jelous now lol....
I've only been to FedEx Field once before but I went to Dallas and Denver to see them play the Cowboys and the Broncos. Fantastic stadiums and brilliant atmosphere. We won in Dallas (Thanksgiving 2012, first season with RGIII) and then lost in Denver the following year, although we were very close to get a win.

I have now dropped the Wembley games, as I prefer seeing the Skins play in the U.S.
Old 15.09.2015, 05:46 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britskin View Post
Hi

A friend and myself are going over to Washington for the Eagles games in October.

Can anyone suggests the best place to get tickets from please.
NFL ticket exchange really good I done it for the giants game last year had great seats
Old 18.09.2015, 09:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leightonbuzzardnfl View Post
NFL ticket exchange really good I done it for the giants game last year had great seats
Thanks. Tickets have been bought now for midsection about midfield
Old 19.09.2015, 05:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks. Tickets have been bought now for midsection about midfield
I'm incredibly jealous - hopefully next year for me. The trip that got me into the Redskins was to visit family in Virginia back in 2006 and we spent a couple of nights in Washington. If you've never been to the city before, it's like a fantasy walking around the buildings and monuments you've seen in films.

And if you're looking for something to eat, highly recommend Capitol City Brewery and the pulled pork burger.

Have a cracking time and hopefully we do it for you!
Old 20.09.2015, 06:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailToTheNativeAmericans View Post
I'm incredibly jealous - hopefully next year for me. The trip that got me into the Redskins was to visit family in Virginia back in 2006 and we spent a couple of nights in Washington. If you've never been to the city before, it's like a fantasy walking around the buildings and monuments you've seen in films.

And if you're looking for something to eat, highly recommend Capitol City Brewery and the pulled pork burger.

Have a cracking time and hopefully we do it for you!
Thanks I am really looking forward to it
Old 04.10.2015, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Thanks I am really looking forward to it
Amazing just amazing. What a finish
Old 04.10.2015, 08:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Amazing just amazing. What a finish
Full report please when you get back!
Old 07.10.2015, 11:24 AM
Rookie

I went over for the Rams game, and also the away game at the Giants on the following Thursday (not actually a Redskins fan, just that was the week I could go & that was how the fixtures worked out).

Ticket Exchange tickets were fine, I paid $150 for seats on the 50 yard line, behind the Rams sideline - could have got cheaper in a different section, or if I had waited, but was OK with paying that price.

Washington Metro system clean & efficient, easy trip to and from the stadium (It's about a 15-20 min walk from the Metro station)

Amazed at the sheer size of the car parks, wouldn't fancy being in those jams on the way out....

Good atmosphere, though was surprised to see the stadium barely half full at kick-off, and the couple next to me didn't turn up until nearly half-time. Perhaps it isn't such a big deal for season ticket holders as it is for people travelling specifically for the game. Quite a number of Rams fans in evidence too.

Skins controlled the game on the ground, Matt Jones in particular, allowed Cousins to be fairly low risk in the passing game, only one team in it in the first half, though the Rams rallied a little second half (noticed this for the Eagles game too - the Skins struggling to keep it going for 60 mins?)

Impressive place FedEx, though if I were to quibble, I felt the in-game stats were lacking, didn't see the individual player stats displayed too often, MetLife Stadium certainly had the edge there.

A little surprised at the 80 degree heat too, wasn't good for my baldy napper sat in the sun, especially when I refused to pay a ridiculous $35 for a baseball cap.
Still, all the merchandise was expensive inside the stadia ($12 for a can of Heineken at MetLife)
Old 13.10.2015, 12:22 PM
All Pro

The Eagles game was a tremendous experience. We had tickets for the mid section about the 50 yard line. Tickets were not cheap at about $240 but well worth the view.

The game itself was tremendous it that it swung both ways and what a finish with the Redskins getting the winning touchdown with 26 seconds to go. I had great fun high fiving everyone around me telling them I was from Scotland.

For a 3 hour game I was amazed at how quick the game past by.

What I found interesting was the amount of people who stayed inside the concourse to watch the game. The concourses were different class form the stadiums I have been to in the UK with comfortable seating, bars, plenty of tvs and numerous food outlets offering different types of food. Expensive though at $9.50 for a plastic bottle of bud light.

I bought a Morris top and cap from the shop. Tops are not much cheaper over hear at $115.00 but I could not resist.

From my seat you could order food and drink from your seat using the Redskin app and someone would bring you the food or drink.

We also went and saw everyone tailgating and a few cars were painted into Redskin and Eagles vehicles.

I would also recommend Washington DC to anyone as there is so much too see and most of the museums etc are free. Well worth a visit.

You would need plenty of time though as I thought I would visit museums for an hour or so only to find myself in there for 4 or more.

Finally if you are a Redskin fan you have to go and experience Fedex Stadium although as an older fan I wish it had been RFK.

Last edited by Britskin; 13.10.2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 21.10.2015, 03:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
The Eagles game was a tremendous experience. We had tickets for the mid section about the 50 yard line. Tickets were not cheap at about $240 but well worth the view.

The game itself was tremendous it that it swung both ways and what a finish with the Redskins getting the winning touchdown with 26 seconds to go. I had great fun high fiving everyone around me telling them I was from Scotland.

For a 3 hour game I was amazed at how quick the game past by.

What I found interesting was the amount of people who stayed inside the concourse to watch the game. The concourses were different class form the stadiums I have been to in the UK with comfortable seating, bars, plenty of tvs and numerous food outlets offering different types of food. Expensive though at $9.50 for a plastic bottle of bud light.

I bought a Morris top and cap from the shop. Tops are not much cheaper over hear at $115.00 but I could not resist.

From my seat you could order food and drink from your seat using the Redskin app and someone would bring you the food or drink.

We also went and saw everyone tailgating and a few cars were painted into Redskin and Eagles vehicles.

I would also recommend Washington DC to anyone as there is so much too see and most of the museums etc are free. Well worth a visit.

You would need plenty of time though as I thought I would visit museums for an hour or so only to find myself in there for 4 or more.

Finally if you are a Redskin fan you have to go and experience Fedex Stadium although as an older fan I wish it had been RFK.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a cool trip.