Sack leader? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 22.07.2015, 07:39 PM
All Pro

Default Sack leader?

Who will get the most sacks in 15? the media seem split on Hardy/Gregory and Tyrone Crawford, presuming Hardy misses the first 4 weeks and gets a sack every game after thats still going to take some beating i think
Old 22.07.2015, 08:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Who will get the most sacks in 15? the media seem split on Hardy/Gregory and Tyrone Crawford, presuming Hardy misses the first 4 weeks and gets a sack every game after thats still going to take some beating i think
Aaron Donald (St Louis) had a pretty good year last year and racked up 9 sacks from the DT spot that Crawford plays. Crawford got 3 sacks last season. So even if Crawford triples his production, I'd expect someone else to get double digit sacks anyway.

So with that in mind, even if Hardy only plays 12 games, 10 sacks isn't beyond the realms of possibility for him, despite being out of the game almost all of last season.

Gregory will be in on obvious passing downs, but I don't expect him to get to double figures in terms of sacks. 5-7 probably.

Demarcus Lawrence could be an interesting name to consider. A year under his belt, rushing opposite Hardy, and sometimes next to Crawford. He could have a shot.

If all those names can contribute 6 sacks each, we'll be well on the way to improving on our abysmal sack totals last year anyway.

Hardy is probably favourite, but i'll go for Lawrence instead.
Old 12.08.2015, 07:02 PM
All Pro

Gonna stick my neck out and say Gregory, and to get rookie of the year
Old 03.09.2015, 02:37 AM
Rookie

I need to giveme a time to be updated all about my team.
Old 11.01.2016, 01:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post

If all those names can contribute 6 sacks each, we'll be well on the way to improving on our abysmal sack totals last year anyway.

Hardy is probably favourite, but i'll go for Lawrence instead.
So, Lawrence was the sack leader for the Cowboys in the end with 8 sacks, but the Cowboys only got a measly 31 sacks on the year. That's an increase of just 3 sacks on the miserable 28 they achieved in 2014.

Hardy 6, T.Crawford 5, J.Crawford 4, Lee 2.5..............they just didn't get to the QB enough.

Randy Gregory had his high ankle sprain to contend with, but he registered 0 sacks in his rookie season.

Only the Falcons (41) have less sacks than the Cowboys (59) over the last 2 seasons. They have to find a way to change that!
Old 12.01.2016, 09:29 PM
All Pro

Hugely dissapointing, sacks are not everything of course especially against a certain type of QB, JJ Watt didnt get a sniff against the Chiefs as we saw but pressure counts more and we just didnt have enough, i,m not sure Marinelli knows where to go next, Lawrence is a keeper but apart from that? Gregory has been a bust, and it looks like Mincey and Hardy will be out, i,m amazed Obada didnt get a chance -even one, they obviously think he is worth keeping but didnt give him a go, hard to see us improving next season without drafting?
Old 13.01.2016, 12:17 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hugely dissapointing, sacks are not everything of course especially against a certain type of QB, JJ Watt didnt get a sniff against the Chiefs as we saw but pressure counts more and we just didnt have enough, i,m not sure Marinelli knows where to go next, Lawrence is a keeper but apart from that? Gregory has been a bust, and it looks like Mincey and Hardy will be out, i,m amazed Obada didnt get a chance -even one, they obviously think he is worth keeping but didnt give him a go, hard to see us improving next season without drafting?
It's too early to call Gregory a bust, especially with his injury. He wasn't the biggest guy in college, about 240lbs, so he was always going to struggle in terms of strength against seasoned NFL linemen. Hopefully, although there were doubts, he can add some weight and strength in the off season. Demarcus Lawrence made strides in his 2nd season so hopefully the same applies to Gregory.

You make a good point about pressure not be recorded by stats, and we did get some, but it didn't result in turnovers either.

If Hardy and Mincey go then they'll certainly draft a D lineman at some point, but I can't see them both going out the exit door.

Obada is very raw, and I doubt they'll rush things. His first job is making the roster or Practice Squad in 2016. If he does that then perhaps he can earn a chance here and there.
Old 02.06.2016, 09:20 PM
All Pro

A bit early, but 2016? i,d be happy with anyone breaking double figures tbh, especially with Lawrence missing first 4 games, love to see Russell break out.
Old 03.06.2016, 07:23 AM
Pro Bowler

NFL.com seem to be suggesting that Sean Lee is taking longer to recover from his knee surgery than expected, he has had a lot of injury problems.
Old 03.06.2016, 10:16 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
A bit early, but 2016? i,d be happy with anyone breaking double figures tbh, especially with Lawrence missing first 4 games, love to see Russell break out.
Too early, lets see how things shake out in Training Camp first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBEARSFAN View Post
NFL.com seem to be suggesting that Sean Lee is taking longer to recover from his knee surgery than expected, he has had a lot of injury problems.
They're just being extra cautious. Can't really blame them either, Rolando McClain is dealing with 'issues' as per usual, and obviously Jaylon Smith isn't returning anytime soon.

So that's the Cowboys 'top 3' LB's missing for one reason or another. Rush Lee back and get him injured and you are looking at Anthony Hitchens and Damien Wilson as starting LB's. That isn't the end of the world but having a veteran presence like Lee around makes everyone better, not to mention he's one of the best in the league when healthy.