Lions v Chiefs - Red Button - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 30.10.2015, 07:18 PM
Starter

Default Lions v Chiefs - Red Button

Is it just me who thinks it's not very good that the Wembley game this Sunday is hidden away on Red Button/BBC website?

Will a potential casual fan even realise?

If the BBC can't be bothered to give it channel space I don't see why Sky don't just show it on Pick TV. It's win win for them surely, game is free to watch anyway so they're not losing out on subscriptions and they're also promoting their own coverage of the sport which could potentially attract new customers.
Old 30.10.2015, 09:32 PM
All Pro

I guess it's because they already had a deal in place to show the world gymnastics before they signed the deal for the NFL
Old 01.11.2015, 01:56 PM
Rookie

What time is it on the red button? I can't even find mention of it on the red button or the website.

Poor show from the BBC.
Old 01.11.2015, 02:07 PM
Pro

according to the freesat epg 2.25
Old 01.11.2015, 03:10 PM
Hall of Fame

It will be interesting to see the viewing figures. I was a little confused when The Legend of Zorro was Ch4, Gymnastics on BBC2, and Eat Well for Less on BBC1.
Old 01.11.2015, 03:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
It will be interesting to see the viewing figures. I was a little confused when The Legend of Zorro was Ch4, Gymnastics on BBC2, and Eat Well for Less on BBC1.
yeah and with there being no real competing sporting events to clash with as there has been in other international series games, today had a real chance of having higher viewers if it was on mainstream FTA TV instead of being hidden away on the red button
Old 02.11.2015, 06:51 AM
Starter

I agree it was a very poor showing from the BBC. They had gymnastics on BBC2 but BBC1 was full off stuff like Bargain Hunt!

I was at the game myself but I think this was a big mistake and will hinder picking up any new fans.

I'd have liked to see Sky put it on Pick but I imagine they couldn't due to contractual agreements
Old 02.11.2015, 07:46 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcio View Post
I agree it was a very poor showing from the BBC. They had gymnastics on BBC2 but BBC1 was full off stuff like Bargain Hunt!

I was at the game myself but I think this was a big mistake and will hinder picking up any new fans.

I'd have liked to see Sky put it on Pick but I imagine they couldn't due to contractual agreements
I think the BBC is justified showing the world gymnastic championships. The live Wembley games constantly underperform their slot average and the BBC should not be a free platform for American billionaires to try and grow their business which is essentially what the International Series is.
Old 02.11.2015, 08:09 AM
Starter

Totally agree the gymnastics should have been shown. Probably wasn't clear in my post.

I was trying to say fair enough the gymnastics was on BBC2 but its not like they were showing anything important on BBC1. It was just daytime TV repeats
Old 02.11.2015, 04:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcio View Post
Totally agree the gymnastics should have been shown. Probably wasn't clear in my post.

I was trying to say fair enough the gymnastics was on BBC2 but its not like they were showing anything important on BBC1. It was just daytime TV repeats
Yeah I see what you mean. Interesting looking at the ratings from yesterday. Gymnastics got 940,000 and the Rugby League that followed it got 1.26m. On BBC1 all those daytime shows got over a million. The 2 Wembley games this year have got 290k and 381k. It's hard to make an argument that one of the main terrestrial channels should keep showing it live.