A mess - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 22.11.2016, 02:36 PM
All Pro

Default A mess

Not sure I can remember a more shambolic season. You can start with lack of playmakers, but very quickly injuries, and reinjured players, suspensions.

If Cutler is done then it really should be 2-14.
Old 22.11.2016, 03:15 PM
Rookie

I think cutler should be done. He reminds me of all my old school reports (many many years ago) - lots of potential but never quite gets there!!

2 and 14 is looking very likely! Which would give them their worst season (win % 0.125) since 1969!
Old 22.11.2016, 07:56 PM
MVP

Probably the worst season I can remember, no hope or optimism right off the bat from the very early weeks.

Becoming quite surreal with the injuries and suspensions really hitting hard now.

The only way is up....isn't it?
Old 22.11.2016, 10:54 PM
Starter

I guess the next question is, even with a high draft pick, how much faith do you guys have is Pace to pick the right franchise QB?

Personally, I think he should get a shot at it, he's seems to be steering us in the right direction. Injuries can't be accounted for but I do like the upside of the youngsters and our defense has actually been quite good.

Loggains definitely has to go.

Anyone got any QB preferences for next year? The draft is looking like a real crapshoot!
Old 23.11.2016, 06:59 AM
MVP

I'd say any criticism of Pace right now would be unfair, early signs are we have picked up some good players who could be key pieces for years to come, too soon to say right now though.

My main concerns is with the offensive coaching, we never replaced Gase adequately enough and Fox has been way too passive in his gameplans.
Old 23.11.2016, 07:01 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky QB View Post
I guess the next question is, even with a high draft pick, how much faith do you guys have is Pace to pick the right franchise QB?

Personally, I think he should get a shot at it, he's seems to be steering us in the right direction. Injuries can't be accounted for but I do like the upside of the youngsters and our defense has actually been quite good.

Loggains definitely has to go.

Anyone got any QB preferences for next year? The draft is looking like a real crapshoot!
Maybe we should give the a Patriots a call and them their price for Jimmy G....?
Old 23.11.2016, 12:00 PM
All Pro

Signing any Patriot scares me, NE is the perfect situation for any player to thrive, it's very easy to fall into a trap of over rating players. Having said that JG has been know doubt we'll schooled, what price though, they won't be giving him away cheap?

If you are lucky you fluke being crap at the right time, think colts. From what I've read this is a bad draft for QBs, should we even spend a possible 2nd pick on a QB if that is not the value put on them? We need exceptional talent all over the place.

Definitely need to draft a QB higher than an upside-bust though for sure.
Old 23.11.2016, 12:03 PM
All Pro

I think hoyer will start next season if we get only a rookie passer.
Old 23.11.2016, 02:37 PM
Rookie

how long does anyone think John Fox deserves/will last?

Personally i dont think 2 years and being lumbered with Cutler in that time is enough for him to really build the team, so the Bears shouldnt think about replacing him. But it concerns me that watching him in conferences and on the sideline he doesnt exactly exude passion about things (kinda like Cutler really!)
Old 23.11.2016, 04:39 PM
MVP

This season will have an asterix next to it because of all the injuries, but bottom line is we haven't improved since Fox took over and the buck stops with him.

I mentioned the offensive coaching before, but it has been criminal the way Jeffery was under used. Every team in the league with a legit pro bowl calibre receiver peppers that guy with targets. We haven't.