Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 274 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

  #2731  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:39 PM
olig23's Avatar
olig23 olig23 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 16.07.2005
Posts: 4,893
Default

WOW... I am really genuinely shocked... I really never thought Angelo would pull the move off given his history of drafting over FA.

Anyone who has looked at my profile in the past knows that Cutler is my favourite player in terms of on field ability and potential but I really cannot believe he is a Bear... it's crazy.

On an objective note nothing has changed from my earlier post. I think we gave up a LOT! we badly need help at receiver and OT.

This changes the entire landscape for Chicago because before it was all about steady building but we now must look to win in the near future. I agree with Dux that we'll sign Pace and draft a receiver, hopefully Robiskie (since Nicks is likely gone) but possibly Britt. I am not convinced 100% it is worth it because we are practically tied to Williams being a long term success at OT now, he is must succeed pick now we have no first rounders in the next two years.

however, you cannot argue with the fact that the Bears now have a QB and at the end of the day that is a great thing!
Reply With Quote
  #2732  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:42 PM
Lock & Load's Avatar
Lock & Load Lock & Load is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 26.10.2003
Posts: 5,742
Default

Pace blocking blindside for Cutler you guys got to be happy
Reply With Quote
  #2733  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:42 PM
jamiee26's Avatar
jamiee26 jamiee26 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 03.11.2005
Posts: 329
Default

I just heard on nfl network that jay cutler grew up a bears fan!!
Reply With Quote
  #2734  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:42 PM
Spadesaregood's Avatar
Spadesaregood Spadesaregood is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 13.09.2008
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock & Load View Post
Pace blocking blindside for Cutler you guys got to be happy
Happy is not the word mate, all we need now is Holt and we're on our way.
Reply With Quote
  #2735  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:58 PM
jimmymac#9 jimmymac#9 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 08.03.2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23 View Post
WOW... I am really genuinely shocked... I really never thought Angelo would pull the move off given his history of drafting over FA.

Anyone who has looked at my profile in the past knows that Cutler is my favourite player in terms of on field ability and potential but I really cannot believe he is a Bear... it's crazy.

On an objective note nothing has changed from my earlier post. I think we gave up a LOT! we badly need help at receiver and OT.

This changes the entire landscape for Chicago because before it was all about steady building but we now must look to win in the near future. I agree with Dux that we'll sign Pace and draft a receiver, hopefully Robiskie (since Nicks is likely gone) but possibly Britt. I am not convinced 100% it is worth it because we are practically tied to Williams being a long term success at OT now, he is must succeed pick now we have no first rounders in the next two years.

however, you cannot argue with the fact that the Bears now have a QB and at the end of the day that is a great thing!
I thought it was a lot to give up especially a third this year as well- but what we get in return is a real proven upgrade we have needed for along time.Couldn't see us getting that kind of upgrade with current #18. Round 2 become very important for us with needs of WR, DE, OT.
Reply With Quote
  #2736  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:58 PM
*Big H*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[/QUOTE]On an objective note nothing has changed from my earlier post. I think we gave up a LOT! we badly need help at receiver and OT.[/QUOTE]

You think losing those draft picks could come back to haunt the bears?!
Reply With Quote
  #2737  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:59 PM
PhoenixCharlie's Avatar
PhoenixCharlie PhoenixCharlie is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 30.01.2008
Posts: 2,698
Send a message via MSN to PhoenixCharlie
Default

congrats on the pick up guys, think he will suit you well!
Reply With Quote
  #2738  
Old 02.04.2009, 11:02 PM
Spadesaregood's Avatar
Spadesaregood Spadesaregood is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 13.09.2008
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheonixCharlie View Post
congrats on the pick up guys, think he will suit you well!
Cheers Charlie, took a lot of Cuts, erm sorry, meant guts, to post that.
Reply With Quote
  #2739  
Old 02.04.2009, 11:11 PM
Bretts's Avatar
Bretts Bretts is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 02.09.2008
Posts: 5,969
Default

The Muppets of Midway have actually made a move! Will wonders never cease!

Takes the shine off the Bulluck signing though!

Last edited by Bretts; 02.04.2009 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2740  
Old 02.04.2009, 11:17 PM
olig23's Avatar
olig23 olig23 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 16.07.2005
Posts: 4,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac#9 View Post
I thought it was a lot to give up especially a third this year as well- but what we get in return is a real proven upgrade we have needed for along time.Couldn't see us getting that kind of upgrade with current #18. Round 2 become very important for us with needs of WR, DE, OT.
Well it is no doubt a massive upgrade but I think ppeople are getting carried away.

We are still in bad need of a WR and OT. We also hve contend with the fact that we now have no first round picks in the next two season which history shows is a bad idea, because players will leave, need to be resigned and age in that time leaving us with greater needs long term. Because it is such a talented QB (the most important position) you can see why it was made but I think we have to be realistic and say there is a chance we have sold the future down the river with this move, even if Cutler works out as well as I expect him to.

Personally, I think Denver will come out very well from this move. People get over excited because he is a marquee player with an outstanding skill set (hence why I am a fan of him individually) but it should NEVER be forgotten that nothing goes above the unit and the Chicago offensive unit is now better but at the expense of the future...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:06 PM.