Da Bears - Monsters of the Midway Thread - Page 375 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 10.01.2011, 01:10 AM
All Pro

Right so we have the Seahawks. We have already lost to them but in fairness they really aren't all that good.

The main thing I am worried about is the play of the DEs, who have been really quite good the past few games.

Bears 24 Seahawks 14
Old 10.01.2011, 01:58 AM
All Pro

We are a different team from the last time we plied them. We area lot better team
Old 10.01.2011, 08:53 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiBear View Post
Hi DL,

I know what you mean...I get that all the time and I have been living here in the States for over eight years now...I get my work friends (Americans) come up to me and ask who there team has that week or NFL history questions..
It seems to me that the average American NFL fan isnt as hard core as the British fan.We talk about the NFL as we talk about Soccer,with passion.
Couldn't agree more. I can't believe the amount of times I have been in Chicago and got talking to people in a bar and they realise I'm English, support the Bears and am actually quite knowledgable about Football (I bore my girlfriend with stats). It has resulted in many free drinks though so you have to appreciate that lol.
Old 10.01.2011, 08:35 PM
All Pro

With the appointment of Ron Rivera, the Bears now have 5 ex-players as Head Coaches in the NFL:

Jim Harbaugh, 49ers
Jeff Fisher, Titans
Leslie Frazier, Vikes
Sean Payton, Saints
Ron Rivera, Panthers

There is only one other ex-NFL player HC as far as I can see: Jason Garrett.

Admittedly, Payton is a bit of a fudge cause he was a strike player, but that's still really impressive to me. All those players played under Ditka, whose 'head-coaching tree' would also include Singletary.
Old 10.01.2011, 09:38 PM
Rookie

anyone watching the game in London...?
Old 11.01.2011, 06:53 PM
Team Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatme View Post
Right so we have the Seahawks. We have already lost to them but in fairness they really aren't all that good.

The main thing I am worried about is the play of the DEs, who have been really quite good the past few games.

Bears 24 Seahawks 14
Hope you're right. Chicago needs to pressure their QB much more than in week 6. He is playing well and given time can pick you apart. As per usual I will harp on about running the ball. Ravens, 'Hawks, Jets and Packers all had ground success and all won. If Forte/Taylor have 30 or so attempts the Bears could be okay. Cutler with a solid ground game is so different to Cutler trying to force the pass and making it happen all by himself.
Old 11.01.2011, 06:55 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiBear View Post
We are a different team from the last time we plied them. We area lot better team
What are the chances of the ownership splashing out on the best defensive player in the free agency market 2 years running? A lock down corner would be such an addition.
Old 12.01.2011, 09:07 PM
Rookie

we need someone big on our O-Line, Martz likes time in the pocket and 7 stop drops, i think that's the main part we need to improve.

Anyway, the anticipation is killing me for this wkend!!
Old 13.01.2011, 07:54 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
Couldn't agree more. I can't believe the amount of times I have been in Chicago and got talking to people in a bar and they realise I'm English, support the Bears and am actually quite knowledgable about Football (I bore my girlfriend with stats). It has resulted in many free drinks though so you have to appreciate that lol.
I work in a wine store in Ireland and anytime an American tourist comes in I cannot wait to chat and unload opinions. Most times it's great and they are shocked that a paddy would have such enthusiasm for their game. One of my customers is pretty well off and mates with Dan Marino who plays a bit of golf here. She has promised to bring him in if in the area.
Old 16.01.2011, 10:04 AM
All Pro

come on da bears...win and we get the pack at home for a place in the SB..