2011 Draft is finally here - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 28.04.2011, 10:18 AM
Starter

Default 2011 Draft is finally here

I have been away for a while so forgive if this has already been covered. But what direction should we go with a our first round pick tonight. Offense, Defense or Trade up/down.

But cannot wait for the first round Beers are in the fridge and ESPN is set to record for when I inevitably fall asleep before we pick.
Old 28.04.2011, 11:41 AM
All Pro

Im feeling very excited, pretty nervious too. i still dont know what we are going to do. It all depends how it plays out before us. The rumours are Denver take Miller, though that could be done to get someone to trade up, the Bills, or Ourselves. If they do take him, the Bills could really go with Peterson, then the Bengals maybe taking Green, and where does that leave us??

If Miller is there, we take him.
If Miller has gone and Peterson is there, we take him.
If Miller and Peterson have gone and Green is there, we take him.
If they have all gone and we cant trade down, it would likely be a tight call between Tyron Smith and Gabbert. I reckon we would go with Gabbert.

Id like for us to trade down if we can. If not, then in this order, Peterson, Green, Miller.

Leaving work in 2 hours, got some cheetos and buds in, going to take them out back, throw some ball round, cant wait!!
Old 28.04.2011, 02:53 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Im feeling very excited, pretty nervious too. i still dont know what we are going to do. It all depends how it plays out before us. The rumours are Denver take Miller, though that could be done to get someone to trade up, the Bills, or Ourselves. If they do take him, the Bills could really go with Peterson, then the Bengals maybe taking Green, and where does that leave us??

If Miller is there, we take him.
If Miller has gone and Peterson is there, we take him.
If Miller and Peterson have gone and Green is there, we take him.
If they have all gone and we cant trade down, it would likely be a tight call between Tyron Smith and Gabbert. I reckon we would go with Gabbert.

Id like for us to trade down if we can. If not, then in this order, Peterson, Green, Miller.

Leaving work in 2 hours, got some cheetos and buds in, going to take them out back, throw some ball round, cant wait!!
Worst case scenario, but it will mean that Marcell Dareus is available and he can play any position up front in a 3-4 so would be pretty handy.

My Draft Board:

Peterson
Miller
Green
Dareus
Quinn
Gabbert
Old 28.04.2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Miller then Gabbert for me. One of them will be there.

we shoudl then draft another 6 DE's
Old 29.04.2011, 12:22 AM
All Pro

You've got the best player in the draft IMO - you guys better not put him on Amendola against us
Old 29.04.2011, 12:43 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsAreTheBest14 View Post
You've got the best player in the draft IMO - you guys better not put him on Amendola against us
delighted with the pick. When we were on the clock, was unsure whether I was hoping for a trade or PP7, but as soon as I seen him on the phone, I realised what I wanted, and this was it.
Old 29.04.2011, 12:58 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
delighted with the pick. When we were on the clock, was unsure whether I was hoping for a trade or PP7, but as soon as I seen him on the phone, I realised what I wanted, and this was it.
over the moon here.
Old 29.04.2011, 07:58 AM
Team Captain

Fantastic pick, now we have a great secondary. DRC, PP, A-Dub and Kerry, tear it up!! Who do you think we'll get in the second round? Mallet? Bowers? Ayers? I'm thinking that we might end up getting Kyle Rudolph the tight end, we've been looking for one for a while and he looks very promising.

Last edited by InfiniteRed; 29.04.2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 29.04.2011, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
Fantastic pick, now we have a great secondary. DRC, PP, A-Dub and Kerry, tear it up!! Who do you think we'll get in the second round? Mallet? Bowers? Ayers? I'm thinking that we might end up getting Kyle Rudolph the tight end, we've been looking for one for a while and he looks very promising.
I would like to see us pick up a QB as the thought of the three amigos or even Bulger worries me. That said i think we have to take BPA still in the second.
Old 29.04.2011, 10:46 AM
Starter

Hope we get Martez Wilson to put next to Daryl Washington. Our linebackers would then go:

Porter - Washington - Wilson - Schofield

Pretty awesome if you ask me.