2011 Draft is finally here - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 01.05.2011, 07:54 AM
All Pro

Happy with areas addressed. Especially fullback and olb
Old 01.05.2011, 09:32 AM
Team Captain

I'm still kinda unsure about the decision with Ryan Williams, I think he probably has the most pressure to succeed early out of all of our picks. He could be a big time playmaker though, lets hope so.
Old 01.05.2011, 10:53 AM
All Pro

For me, it looks like they took a lot of consideration into hard workers, and organised their board accordingly. It looks like they have trusted their board, as they say. I like it. Ok, did we get all of our needs, no we didnt, but if a need was not next on our board, then they dont take them. I like this too.

Rather than reaching for someone in an attempt to turn this team around in 1 year, if you follow your board, take good players, in the long run, you are going to have a good team.

I am happy with the draft, I love the Peterson and Sturdivant picks. A few surprised me at how high we took them, Housler and Sherman, but I like the picks.

Next year will still be a rebuilding year unless we make alot of strides in FA. We still need at least another OLB, and help on the OL, but if that comes in next years draft, and we have managed to draft 4 or 5 players this year that make a good impact for years to come, I am happy to wait.
Old 01.05.2011, 11:16 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRed View Post
I'm still kinda unsure about the decision with Ryan Williams, I think he probably has the most pressure to succeed early out of all of our picks. He could be a big time playmaker though, lets hope so.
Beanie and THT have the fans faith, despite the fact the Cards were 32nd in rushing. Mainly down to the line I grant you. but also a large dose of the fumbles by both guys.
Beanie is still struggling with his blocking, although it has improved.

Whiz is right, that area can be improved. if he has done it. Great. I'm not sure he has, with no help yet on the O line.
But maybe they have a free agency plan that will make sense when it happens. I hope so.
Old 01.05.2011, 02:54 PM
All Pro

rodgers-cromartie and peterson? i am not looking forward throwing against you guys for the foreseeable future. you guys have got to be happy.
Old 01.05.2011, 05:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
rodgers-cromartie and peterson? i am not looking forward throwing against you guys for the foreseeable future. you guys have got to be happy.
That's also considering Toler was probably the better player than DRC last year, so nickel is sorted, not forgetting Adams' huge improvement, also remember A-Dub & Rhodes. Nice, very nice, but we need to be able to not rely on them to score the points.
Old 02.05.2011, 09:42 AM
Team Captain

What do you guys think will happen with the offensive backfield? Is THT staying? Will it be Beanie and Ryan? Ryan and LaRod? All four?
Old 02.05.2011, 03:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
What do you guys think will happen with the offensive backfield? Is THT staying? Will it be Beanie and Ryan? Ryan and LaRod? All four?
I dont necessarily think it is the end for anyone other than wright. I just think they were going off their BPA.

I do believe they may be a little concerned with Beanie, his ability to stay fit and block, but I dont think they are anywhere near giving up on him. He had a good rookie year running the ball, and whilst he did nothing last year, we cant look too much into it, the OL was poor, his season was disrupted by injury, his carries were sporadic, and rarely did he get a good run of carries. We have not seen the best of him.

As for THT, I like him on the team, but I dont see him getting better, and is nothing better than a decent no.2 back. I know we had a bad line last year, but he bounces far to many runs the outside, he can be slow at seeing a gap, and he fumbles too often.

I love LaRod, I just wory that with the new kick-off rules, his biggest threat has just been wiped out of the NFL. His kickoff returns were probably our biggest threat offensively last year. That wont be happening this year. I would like to see him used more running the ball, but I dont see it happening. He will still be on the team, but I doubt we see much change in his game time.

With Beanies injuries/lack of progression, THT and his fumbling, Williams adds more competition, and more options should the running game not improve on last year. I dont see any of them 4 going anywhere.
Old 02.05.2011, 08:56 PM
Team Captain

Generally the new kickoff rules will make less kickoffs happen with more touchbacks in occurrence.
Anyway I think it's possible for LaRod to be the 3rd down RB and have Ryan/Beanie/THT fight it out for the top spot. I can also see LaRod taking some of the first and second down snaps. Oh well Coach Whiz loves competition especially at the RB position. I think that Beanie will be the starter eventually, he just has that aura where I'm excited whenever he lines up.
I think that LaRod will stay as the KR, especially with the new rules I think he'd do better than Patrick Peterson. Plus he'd be tired returning all those INTs .
Old 02.05.2011, 09:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Generally the new kickoff rules will make less kickoffs happen with more touchbacks in occurrence.
Anyway I think it's possible for LaRod to be the 3rd down RB and have Ryan/Beanie/THT fight it out for the top spot. I can also see LaRod taking some of the first and second down snaps. Oh well Coach Whiz loves competition especially at the RB position. I think that Beanie will be the starter eventually, he just has that aura where I'm excited whenever he lines up.
I think that LaRod will stay as the KR, especially with the new rules I think he'd do better than Patrick Peterson. Plus he'd be tired returning all those INTs .
Exactly, the new rules will mean plenty of touchbacks, which takes away the real need for someone to return kickoffs, which in turn takes away alot of LaRods value. He will remain a 3rd down change of pace back though, im sure, and we could get him returning punts.

If THT stays, Im think he will start as RB, and share most carries with Beanie. As the year goes on I expect Williams would then see more game time.