New York Jets Thread - Page 776 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 22.11.2017, 06:05 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
This has kinda been my point for years though, we don't need a Brady or a Manning and us seemingly dismantling teams over and over and changing QBs every time they have a bad game is what is killing us. Even with Brady we wouldn't have won anything if we behaved the same.

For me - pick a young(ish) but not wet behind the ears guy, then build a team round him to win, trust the guy - and don't blame him every time we lose - teams lose every season even Super Bowl winners.

Lets get a solid dependable guy that can control games and go no huddle when needed but then trust him... get him good targets young and old. Get a decent Jets D built. Draft better... don't reach for a QB in first few rounds every year (ditto for secondary)

Everyone to do with Jets and the media only seem interested in getting a once in a life time number 1 pick QB... Im over it... give me a middling talent and lets equip ourselves to win with him.

Is Wilson really an elite talent? Eli? Flacco? there are more...

lets just get our guy and trust him, give our next guy a few years and a good solid few drafts and FA builds and see what happens.

If it doesn't work don't burn down the roster... don't make us all about the QB...

and stop going for late 30 something perennial losers
Agree. I would rather we got a stable qb and draft around him.
Do think our likeliest chance is to win the SB with an elite defence and steady O. The qb needs to manage and make plays but not ultimately win the game (aka Denver/Manning).

I do wonder if we should take a punt on
Sponsored Links
Old 22.11.2017, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-e-t-s12 View Post
Agree. I would rather we got a stable qb and draft around him.
Do think our likeliest chance is to win the SB with an elite defence and steady O. The qb needs to manage and make plays but not ultimately win the game (aka Denver/Manning).

I do wonder if we should take a punt on
Who???
Old 22.11.2017, 09:47 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Who???
Haha absolutely no idea. I'd give hackenburg a go!!! Otherwise it needs to be a current backup. Be interesting to see what paxton lynch does.
Old 26.11.2017, 03:19 PM
Pro

Is it possible to get ESPN NY over here to listen to the game?
Old 29.11.2017, 02:56 PM
Rookie

Just a quick word to say that went to the Panthers game on Sunday as part of our family holiday to New York. Was an absolutely brilliant experience, even the result didn't spoil it.

Atmosphere was good (helped that it was a close, reasonably exciting game), the game was good and was brilliant just seeing it all in the flesh, so much better than on telly imo.

If anyone ever gets the chance I'd highly recommend it. I'm not hoping and praying the Jets are in the International Series next year now, only chance I'll have to see them again.
Old 29.11.2017, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by morny View Post
Just a quick word to say that went to the Panthers game on Sunday as part of our family holiday to New York. Was an absolutely brilliant experience, even the result didn't spoil it.

Atmosphere was good (helped that it was a close, reasonably exciting game), the game was good and was brilliant just seeing it all in the flesh, so much better than on telly imo.

If anyone ever gets the chance I'd highly recommend it. I'm not hoping and praying the Jets are in the International Series next year now, only chance I'll have to see them again.
Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you gave the officials an earful for that BS no-TD call on ASJ...
Old 29.11.2017, 03:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you gave the officials an earful for that BS no-TD call on ASJ...
Haha, I was a tad upset.

Worse was ASJ's drop in the first quarter, was at other end of the field and I'd already start celebrating. Only realised he'd dropped it when I noticed everyone with hands on their heads!
Old 05.12.2017, 04:55 PM
Starter

After last weekends win it looks to me like the team have all but guaranteed Mac and Bowles another year employment.

Kinda indifferent at that prospect:

Mac FA signings have generally been poor and with cap space to play with this Summer as he had when he first joined he better not throw it at over the hill has-beens and destroy the re-build.

Draft wise we have been lucky with arguably the best two (touted) players in Adams and Williams falling to us making the selection no-brainers but the one pick Mac has had to properly make (Lee) looks to be another Pryor in the making and his Round 2 Selections have barely played a snap.

On the positive he seems to have an eye for talent in the later rounds and obviously the Anderson pickup is something he will pin to his mast plus I like the fact he is very active chopping and changing the roster and the pickup of Ealy was a great addition as was the trade for Kearse.

Bowles seems to blow hot and cold for me - his uncharismatic media persona doesn't help all be it players seemingly want to play for him and bar one season where clearly the Veterans let him down he has coached up a number of players

Guess better the devil you know and a bit of stability doesn't happen to often at the Jets so should embrace it.
Old 05.12.2017, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

I'm still undecided on Bowles, but have to give him credit for having us still (just about) in Playoff contention in December, with a roster that looked incapable of winning more than 3 games on paper. John Morton's also done an excellent job with what he's had at his disposal.

I'm okay with Mac for the most part. Getting Kearse (who's had a great year) and a 2nd rounder for Richardson was a great bit of business, and the high priced veterans we dumped in the offseason haven't really achieved anything this season. His Draft record is sketchy though. This coming offseason is a huge one for him.

One guy who has to go imo is Kacy Rodgers, I have no faith whatsoever in him as DC...
Old 05.12.2017, 09:41 PM
Pro

Quote:
I'm still undecided on Bowles, but have to give him credit for having us still (just about) in Playoff contention in December, with a roster that looked incapable of winning more than 3 games on paper. John Morton's also done an excellent job with what he's had at his disposal.

I'm okay with Mac for the most part. Getting Kearse (who's had a great year) and a 2nd rounder for Richardson was a great bit of business, and the high priced veterans we dumped in the offseason haven't really achieved anything this season. His Draft record is sketchy though. This coming offseason is a huge one for him.

One guy who has to go imo is Kacy Rodgers, I have no faith whatsoever in him as DC...
I was thinking about bowles earlier. Part of me thinks it might just click for him with one more season. Or is that hope.

I think Morton has at least made it interesting. All of a sudden we have an arial threat that allows the run game to come in and contribute. We went toe to toe with a divisional leader.
A proper o line puts us into wildcard territory for me in itself.

The defence is poor or at least sporadically average, and I would be happy with a coaching overhaul as the talent is there.

I share the same issues with Mac. The hackenburg pick is still an issue for me and I don't have faith in him getting in a qb beyond a steady 35+ vet to keep things harmonious.
The later rounds are coming together though as you say. Hansen contributed well on Sunday I thought.

The off-season is huge for mac though, probably jets career defining.