2018 London Games - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 29.11.2017, 01:33 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Spurs haven't even got a game time set for the West Ham match on 30/31 December. That is a month away. It could move date and time. Spurs also don't own the stadium, or the police, or the stewards. In fact the police and stewards are the ones causing the delay.

There is certainly no reason why games need to be announced 9-10 months in advance. 'Want' is another point entirely, but not 'need'.
Although in fairness I doubt a big portion of West Ham and spurs fans will be travelling 4000 miles to see the game and need to arrange hotels, flights and time off work etc.

I fully expect an announcement in the next 2 or 3 weeks stating the matchups....but not exact dates,venues or times.

Last edited by Thepuma; 29.11.2017 at 06:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.11.2017, 11:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepuma View Post
Although in fairness I doubt a big portion of West Ham and spurs fans will be travelling 4000 miles to see the game and need to arrange hotels, flights and time off work etc.

I fully expect an announcement in the next 2 or 3 weeks stating the matchups....but not exact dates,venues or times.
But why does 10 months in advance make any difference against, say, 6 months? Which is what the regular season schedule is, more or less. Most American fans come over with the team anyway which means they pay the team and all the package is sorted for them. Work... OK, but realistically how many jobs if you try to book holiday in April for say October do they say "nope, too late"? Especially in America where people hardly take any holiday.
Old 06.12.2017, 09:34 AM
Rookie

Still no news..................anyone know anything ?
Old 10.12.2017, 03:33 AM
Pro

This is interesting....

http://www.nfllondontickets.co.uk/nfl-london-2018/

Wonder where they got their info from? They seem clear it's only 3 games next year? Now that would be a step backwards.

They are wrong on the timescales for announcements and ticket sale dates so maybe it's all just speculation.
Old 10.12.2017, 08:48 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
This is interesting....

Wonder where they got their info from? They seem clear it's only 3 games next year? Now that would be a step backwards.

They are wrong on the timescales for announcements and ticket sale dates so maybe it's all just speculation.
There are spelling mistakes in several places on that page, so gives it little credibility. It also says later in the article to "expect at least 3 games".

Stick it in the useless speculation pile and move on.
Old 10.12.2017, 01:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
This is interesting....

Hi mate, yeah, don't spend time worrying about that 'article'. It's been on the net months and months, presumably from the web address off a dodgy tout site anyway!

Last year's announcement was the 13th of December so fingers crossed for this week
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM
MVP

From Reynolds on Twitter

Lots of you asking... sources tell me there will not be a 2018 London game announcement this side of Christmas. Stay tuned for more news in January.
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
From Reynolds on Twitter

Lots of you asking... sources tell me there will not be a 2018 London game announcement this side of Christmas. Stay tuned for more news in January.
I'm getting deja vu with this post..lol