PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2845 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #28441  
Old 06.12.2017, 10:57 PM
mridge69's Avatar
mridge69 mridge69 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 23.04.2011
Posts: 110
Default

Timmons won't be back next season, already been playing reduced snaps.
Alonso's poor form is also attributed to trying to compensate for teammates in the scheme and ultimately being out of position.
Coaching point is interesting as if Gase remains he may make changes in his staff.Defensive coordinator should be in the mix.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #28442  
Old 06.12.2017, 11:25 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Location: Letchworth
Posts: 22,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge69 View Post
Timmons won't be back next season, already been playing reduced snaps.
Alonso's poor form is also attributed to trying to compensate for teammates in the scheme and ultimately being out of position.
Coaching point is interesting as if Gase remains he may make changes in his staff.Defensive coordinator should be in the mix.
Please take Kacy Rodgers back...
Reply With Quote
  #28443  
Old 12.12.2017, 09:46 AM
bryanod's Avatar
bryanod bryanod is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 3,265
Default

Loving the change in attitude last couple of weeks. Play hard, make life difficult for them, win.

Hopefully don't deflate after such a resounding win and puke up next week vs Bills! Nice to end any hopes they have of playoffs too :P
Reply With Quote
  #28444  
Old 13.12.2017, 04:04 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Location: Up North
Posts: 16,568
Default

After a season of underachievement and let down I haven't enjoyed a Dolphins game as much in a few years as that display on MNF

All phases were excellent. Brady made to look mortal by a rabid pass rush and stick 'um type coverage and an offensive line that allowed Cutler time and Drake running lanes

The only downside was the inability to kill the game off, giving NE at least 3 4th Q opportunities to come back into the game.

Did say I hope Drake got an opportunity as he showed glimpses of ability last year and at Alabama in limited roles. The Sanders comparison was a bit silly from Gruden, but highlighted how impressive he's been last two weeks. So much more than a head down, move the pile Ajayi type runner

We have had showings before which have brought unfulfilled hope, but Miami showed that some players are on the verge of breaking out.

But we must re - sign Landry. Parker falls well short of expectation and doubt he'll ever be the player we wanted him to be& Caroo is a bust.
Reply With Quote
  #28445  
Old 21.12.2017, 03:48 PM
Neptune's Avatar
Neptune Neptune is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 04.09.2008
Posts: 2,273
Default

Whilst this has hardly been the most inspiring Dolphins season for us all to post about (we have had worse) where has everybody gone?
NFLUK's apathy about the site is killing (has killed) the site and forum and to be honest if it were not for the online get togethers for the Fantasy Leagues I'd be pretty invisible too so it begs a question where has everyone gone for their NFL/Dolphins chit chat and gossip? Facebook, other site/forum, name them. There again maybe we can't be arsed and have better things to do.
Reply With Quote
  #28446  
Old 21.12.2017, 04:00 PM
Neptune's Avatar
Neptune Neptune is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 04.09.2008
Posts: 2,273
Default

Neptunes 7 steps to fix the Dolphins (the eighth is just a wish)
Gase to give up play calling and become a HC.
Get a new OC & DC let them call the plays. A sacked HC's from another team who were recruited because of their expertise in each field will be perfect as no other team will be looking to recruit them as HC's in the next few years giving a settled coaching structure.
Recruit only players and staff with grasp of how to behave in professional sport
Reinforce, sorry get an O Line
Get Tannehill back, fit and healthy behind a good O'line
Draft a QB to bring on.
Keep as many of our assets as we can bearing the cap in mind, who that is, is open for discussion.
Make the Dolphins play in London every year.
Reply With Quote
  #28447  
Old 21.12.2017, 07:21 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Location: Up North
Posts: 16,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Whilst this has hardly been the most inspiring Dolphins season for us all to post about (we have had worse) where has everybody gone?
NFLUK's apathy about the site is killing (has killed) the site and forum and to be honest if it were not for the online get togethers for the Fantasy Leagues I'd be pretty invisible too so it begs a question where has everyone gone for their NFL/Dolphins chit chat and gossip? Facebook, other site/forum, name them. There again maybe we can't be arsed and have better things to do.
Its sad that people have ebbed away from the forum due to issues with the site and the Dolphins again hitting another losing season.

Game days used to be full of analysis and opinion, with dozens of posts day but now it really is a hardcore few who contribute - a real shame.

As for other places to submit views I find FB contributors in the main don't discuss anything more than the biggest of stories or mundane who is the best QB type posts. The American Dolphins sites are just full of whiners, but with added profanity
Reply With Quote
  #28448  
Old 28.12.2017, 04:31 PM
Cornishman32's Avatar
Cornishman32 Cornishman32 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 19.10.2005
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 18,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Its sad that people have ebbed away from the forum due to issues with the site and the Dolphins again hitting another losing season.

Game days used to be full of analysis and opinion, with dozens of posts day but now it really is a hardcore few who contribute - a real shame.

As for other places to submit views I find FB contributors in the main don't discuss anything more than the biggest of stories or mundane who is the best QB type posts. The American Dolphins sites are just full of whiners, but with added profanity
Must admit, busy busy life these days mean I don't have a lot of spare time to hit the forum these days which is a shame. But another disappointing season, doesn't make me want to try and make time to get on either!!

It has been a disappointing season, and a shame that the Fins could not build on from last year. But let's be honest here.... the Fins season was always going to be doomed from the moment Tannehill went down hurt. It's so tough to replace a starting QB unless you get really lucky. And he was playing really well last year before the injury. He's a better QB than a lot of people give him credit for, which I think has been proven this year by the fact he has been tough to replace.

But..... I truly believe that Gase is still the right man for the job.... and I still don't think the Dolphins are a million miles away from being relevant again. They have got several solid young players. Next year if Tannehill can get back to how he was playing just before he got injured (a big 'if' I know), and if they make some smart offseason moves, I don't see why the Dolphins can't be back in the playoffs. This year has been disappointing, but I really don't think we are that far away, so the team doesn't need blowing up. Just a few smart moves to tinker with the roster and a bit more luck next year than we had this year, and hopefully we'll be alright in 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #28449  
Old 28.12.2017, 04:43 PM
Cornishman32's Avatar
Cornishman32 Cornishman32 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 19.10.2005
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 18,931
Default

Just a few more thoughts from me....

How in the world did Landry and Suh not make the Pro Bowl??? Both of them have been outstanding this season. I don't know how much more either of them could have done to make it!! It can only be because the Dolphins don't get a lot of media attention.

The Dolphins absolutely have to make sure that Landry gets resigned. I think it's almost insulting to him that they haven't sorted something out already, and made him play this year on his rookie contract.

I also really hope they can keep Suh. I can't see him playing for the Fins next year on his current contract, because it's silly money. But I hope they can restructure him or something. Playing for the Dolphins who don't get much media attention, it feels like the NFL world have forgotten how good he is. But he has been unbeliveable this year. His numbers this year are staggering for a player who gets double teamed every play. The disruption he causes down after down facing double teams, and the fact that he plays virtually every down and never gets injured is absolutely priceless. He's a beast.

Great to see Xavien Howard breaking out.... I've been so impressed with him this year. Can't wait to see what Tankersley and Lippett can do opposite next season with another year under their belts. Dolphins secondary should be pretty solid for the next few years, with all the main guys under contract.

O-Line still needs fixing. I'm pleased that Pouncey got through a full season, but I still think he's a bit overated. Tunsil, has been a bit disappointing, but I think he'll be alright in the long term. Bit of a learning curve for him this season in his first year playing LT in the pros. But I've seen enough to think Tunsil will eventually be a solid player. The Fins definitely need to be looking at fixing at least 3 of the 5 o-line positions though, and I wouldn't rule out Center being one of those 3 positions.
Reply With Quote
  #28450  
Old 31.12.2017, 08:53 PM
mridge69's Avatar
mridge69 mridge69 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 23.04.2011
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Must admit, busy busy life these days mean I don't have a lot of spare time to hit the forum these days which is a shame. But another disappointing season, doesn't make me want to try and make time to get on either!!

It has been a disappointing season, and a shame that the Fins could not build on from last year. But let's be honest here.... the Fins season was always going to be doomed from the moment Tannehill went down hurt. It's so tough to replace a starting QB unless you get really lucky. And he was playing really well last year before the injury. He's a better QB than a lot of people give him credit for, which I think has been proven this year by the fact he has been tough to replace.

But..... I truly believe that Gase is still the right man for the job.... and I still don't think the Dolphins are a million miles away from being relevant again. They have got several solid young players. Next year if Tannehill can get back to how he was playing just before he got injured (a big 'if' I know), and if they make some smart offseason moves, I don't see why the Dolphins can't be back in the playoffs. This year has been disappointing, but I really don't think we are that far away, so the team doesn't need blowing up. Just a few smart moves to tinker with the roster and a bit more luck next year than we had this year, and hopefully we'll be alright in 2018.
I haven't been impressed with Gase in his second season.Overall coaching has been as inconsistent as the execution. They haven't addressed some of the repeated issues across the season such as 3rd down, penalties, lack of playmaking on both sides. Yes we have had to overcome alot on and off the field but when they review this season how much can Gase hang his hat on?
He is in danger of becoming another Philbin/Sparano if he gets a third season.Need to address coaching improvements alongside several player positions in the off season, if Miami can legitimately consider playoffs in 2018.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:45 AM.