NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 667 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 13.07.2011, 07:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
Can anybody give me some advice/suggestions for a decent laptop (under £300, if possible). Obviously my main concern is one that will run gamepass & MLB TV without any problems (preferably @ 300Kbps). It will also need an HDMI, as I want to connect this up to my new Sonia Bravia HD TV. Also need Wi Fi.

If you can't suggest a specific brand/model - any tips as to what I need to look for re' processor, graphics card etc would be greatly appreciated.
i dunno about getting one to do that at under £300, but acers are always good, well they have served me fine for th last 4 years at least, and decently priced for what you get.

this looks a good deal but i dunno how the integrated graphics would work for being able to get a good picture. ive always prefered dedicated graphics myself. and for that you will need to go above £300 i reckon.

http://www.simplyacer.com/Acer_Aspire_5552_1016161.html
Old 13.07.2011, 09:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakz View Post
i dunno about getting one to do that at under £300, but acers are always good, well they have served me fine for th last 4 years at least, and decently priced for what you get.

this looks a good deal but i dunno how the integrated graphics would work for being able to get a good picture. ive always prefered dedicated graphics myself. and for that you will need to go above £300 i reckon.

http://www.simplyacer.com/Acer_Aspire_5552_1016161.html
Thanks very much steakz, much appreciated Looks like I will be spending that little bit more then. I will peruse the link.
Old 15.07.2011, 03:24 AM

hi everyone, take a look at the new 2011 Game Pass here:
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=82975
Old 15.07.2011, 09:36 AM
Pro

Thinking of taking the plunge with Gamepass next season (if there is a season). How else will i see any Browns games?! I have a Mac Book Pro and will hook it up to my living room tv. Is the quality good when you hook it up? (obviously depends on your broadband connection). I get speeds of about 8mbs.

I dont fancy shelling out that money and spending three hours watching a game buffering.
Old 15.07.2011, 10:20 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus reid View Post
Thinking of taking the plunge with Gamepass next season (if there is a season). How else will i see any Browns games?! I have a Mac Book Pro and will hook it up to my living room tv. Is the quality good when you hook it up? (obviously depends on your broadband connection). I get speeds of about 8mbs.

I dont fancy shelling out that money and spending three hours watching a game buffering.

Get it it's fantastic, far better than SKY, with 8mbs you'll be laughing.

You'll be watching your won team virtually every week, because let's face it how often does SKY show the Browns?
Old 15.07.2011, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Im guessing your laptop and TV have an HDMI port? If so, you should be impressed with the results.
Old 15.07.2011, 09:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Also im not sure if your aware but if it costs to much for Gamepass then you can also buy team pass which means you will just get Browns games. No idea of how much that costs to be honest
Old 15.07.2011, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

If I recall correctly (and I probably don't!) I think the team passhas generally only been about 30 or 40 quid less than the full gamepass. Remember thinking I may as well go for the full package for that reason.

Also, surely paying the extra has to be worth it of all you'd get otherwise is Browns games!
Old 16.07.2011, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt55555 View Post
If I recall correctly (and I probably don't!) I think the team passhas generally only been about 30 or 40 quid less than the full gamepass. Remember thinking I may as well go for the full package for that reason.

Also, surely paying the extra has to be worth it of all you'd get otherwise is Browns games!

I think you're right. I cannot recall exactly what the price difference was, but it wasn't much when considering the difference between getting just one teams games and being able to watch any game you want.
Old 16.07.2011, 10:09 AM
Team Captain

Full GP was $280, Follow your team was $200.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super