NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 507 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 03.08.2010, 07:38 PM
Pro

How much data would it be to watch a full game on and HTC Desire. Surely if your watching a couple of games a week on gamepass you'll use your 500mb or so of data very quickly and rack up huge bills
Old 03.08.2010, 07:42 PM
Pro

Has anyone got archived Total Access yet? Or any archived shows?
Old 03.08.2010, 07:51 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brannenman View Post
I tried Chrome, Safari(32 and 64 bit mode),Opera and Firefox. All in the newest stable versions. Flash is also the newest version. Mac OS X 10.6.4. Bitrate set to adaptive on, normally goes up to 3000 kbps instantly. Quality is fine, it just has small pause over pause, and frames are missing in between. Like I said, never had problems with archived games before(OK that was the MovePlayer). But the NFL network channel was already Flash last year. No problems with that either. I will try to get some answers from neulion. But I don't have much hope there....
try the live support I found that to be very helpful
Old 03.08.2010, 07:59 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunder28 View Post
How much data would it be to watch a full game on and HTC Desire. Surely if your watching a couple of games a week on gamepass you'll use your 500mb or so of data very quickly and rack up huge bills
Yeah i will have to be carfull, i know that,anyway i don't think my boss would be very happy if i spent 3hours watching a whole game.
Old 03.08.2010, 08:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
Don't worry about the rants mate, I understand, I've certainly had my share on here. It's because we love it so much that it hurts so bad when it goes wrong.

I'm back on too, just need to see how much I've been charged before I get too ahead of myself. I've not had an email confirming anything though as of yet.
Hell yeah people moaning about the moaning.What would they have said seeing us in here the first few weeks of last season.Gamepass vets have got the mental scars to show for it.

I would imagine shows will only be added to the archive during the course of the season.
And not before.
Old 03.08.2010, 08:19 PM
Pro

Has anybody else still got nothing. I e-mailed them about a half hour ago but no reply. Just wondering if anybody else is in the same situation. Getting extremely annoyed now
Old 03.08.2010, 08:22 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
I tried Chrome, Safari(32 and 64 bit mode),Opera and Firefox. All in the newest stable versions. Flash is also the newest version. Mac OS X 10.6.4. Bitrate set to adaptive on, normally goes up to 3000 kbps instantly. Quality is fine, it just has small pause over pause, and frames are missing in between. Like I said, never had problems with archived games before(OK that was the MovePlayer). But the NFL network channel was already Flash last year. No problems with that either. I will try to get some answers from neulion. But I don't have much hope there....
I know it's not much help, but i had exactly the same issue last year and tried everything. Ended up just getting used to it. Same computer as well. Last year it never worked through safari and i was stuck with firefox.
For some reason, this years is absolutely fine and, for me, the archive games look stunning. Better than the live feed and definitely better than last year.
I tried everything last year, but couldn't sort it. Weird thing was it ran fine on my old old dell laptop.

Hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 03.08.2010, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

all up and running....and relax!
Old 03.08.2010, 09:13 PM
Starter

This just gets worse and worse, just had a lengthy chat with live support -

You are now chatting with NFL Game Pass

Simon Jackson: Hi, my username is xxxxxxxx. I'm waiting for my gamepass account to auto-renew, everyone I know has been re-activated for the new season but I still am not able to access gamepass, how much longer is it going to take?
NFL Game Pass: let me check on it just a moment
NFL Game Pass: Ok it appears your account was not opted-in for auto renewal
Simon Jackson: [NFL Subscriptions #ACR-413368]: NFL Gamepass Season Pass
NFL Subscriptions <nflsubscriptions@neulion.com>
View
To: simon.jackson
Simon,

You have been opted back in, the renewal is scheduled to take place on the 1st of August at the discounted rate of $239.99.

NFL Support

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ACR-413368
Department: NFL Subscriptions
Priority: Normal
Simon Jackson: That email was sent last week when I requested to be opted back in.
NFL Game Pass: I am sorry it looks like they tried to opt you in but it may have been too late
NFL Game Pass: So either it may just be taking a little longer or it was too late to do it, I am not exactly sure
NFL Game Pass: But we are unable to force it to do the transaction from here unfortunately
Simon Jackson: so what do I do now then?
NFL Game Pass: You can either wait to see if it would renew in the next day, or if you order the subscription and pay full price, we may be able to credit you the difference since you tried to opt back in
Simon Jackson: MAY be able is not good enough
NFL Game Pass: Well you do have documentation of making the request and the ticket number correct? That would be enough
Simon Jackson: The ticket number is shown on the email right? ACR-413368 that is the one?
NFL Game Pass: yes
Simon Jackson: so if it has not renewed tomorrow, I can order it at full price and come back on here tomorrrow night and you will refund me the extra $40?
NFL Game Pass: Yes just send an email or reply to the already open ticket and we can do that
Simon Jackson: sorry which already open ticket, according to the email ticket ACR-413368 is closed.
NFL Game Pass: if you reply it opens again
Simon Jackson: ok thanks
NFL Game Pass: Ok, sorry for the trouble.

Now I don't know what to do, if I buy it at full price there's still a chance it will auto-renew, costing me over £300 and facing yet more hassle trying to get the extra money back. This really does suck big time.
Old 03.08.2010, 09:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Does anyone has problems with framedrops? sort of small pauses in the stream? I have an excellent video quality, most of the time 3000 kps,(checked that on my router), but on a PC with HD resolution, 1920x1080 and on my macbook pro with 1920x1200 the picture has little pauses (audio is fine) and it looks like frames are missing. on a macbook pro from a colleague with 1680x1050 and on my PC with 1680x1050 it looks fine. I tested in two different locations with both 16Mbit downlink. Anyone else having similar problems? I watch the NFL since 2008 with Gamepass, and never had this problem, last week with the old version, all archived games were running fine. Newest Version of Flash is installed - miss the Moveplayer already...
I had a similar problem last year, and it got worse if i switched to full screen, to sort it out before i watched any game i would go into my internet options and delete any cookies and temporary internet files, it worked like a dream after that.

Hope that helps? It still early days yet, im sure the service will get better as time goes by.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super