Browns Fans Fantasy Football League - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 06.07.2011, 09:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Right ive joined Dave ,a couple of questions ... Whens the Draft ? , is there a set amount of money to spend ? And by looking at the site , do i play Lee 1st up? Also what part does 'pre-draft rankings' play?
The draft will be on a date that everyone agrees on, usually its on a weekend. There is no money, it works on the same principle as the college draft where you get to pick from list of players, so for example in a league of 12 if you have first pick then you could pick Brady anhd then with next pick you could pick up Braylon Edwards

I havent looked at who im up against first so it could be me, as for pre draft it just decides what order you pick in, unlike the proper draft your picks are usually changed after 1 or 2 round depending on size of group so if you had 1 pick in round 1 you may have 12 pick in round 3 so to stop someone picking up best players etc
Old 07.07.2011, 06:39 AM
All Pro

Thanks for joining Paul

There isn't a set amount of money, the players don't have a financial value.
The draft is planned for Saturday 6th August at 7pm.
There are a few players from outisde of the UK so I've tried to take into account the time differences (have a look at the 2011 Browns Fans League Draft story on the league homepage).

You do indeed play Lee first (It's about the only time in the next century that Sheffield Utd are gonna play City !! ).

As Lee said the pre-draft rankings just help you decide who you'd like to pick and in which order. It helps you to draft the players you want in case you can't make the draft (it's a little hit and miss though). I don't normally bother with it to be honest. The mock drafts on nfl.com are a good way of getting used to how the draft works (click the draft centre tab at the top of the homepage). My draft strategy is just to wing it !!! I keep an eye on who's been drafted already and work out who I want from there.

Any more questions mate just fire away

Last edited by go_browns!; 07.07.2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07.07.2011, 04:40 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Thanks for joining Paul

There isn't a set amount of money, the players don't have a financial value.
The draft is planned for Saturday 6th August at 7pm.
There are a few players from outisde of the UK so I've tried to take into account the time differences (have a look at the 2011 Browns Fans League Draft story on the league homepage).

You do indeed play Lee first (It's about the only time in the next century that Sheffield Utd are gonna play City !! ).

As Lee said the pre-draft rankings just help you decide who you'd like to pick and in which order. It helps you to draft the players you want in case you can't make the draft (it's a little hit and miss though). I don't normally bother with it to be honest. The mock drafts on nfl.com are a good way of getting used to how the draft works (click the draft centre tab at the top of the homepage). My draft strategy is just to wing it !!! I keep an eye on who's been drafted already and work out who I want from there.

Any more questions mate just fire away
So , How is it decided who picks 1st in round 1 ? , is the person chosen randomly ? , also if i get 1st or 2nd pick in round 1 , lets say Aaron Rodgers , will i , as lee says get a Duffer ' ( like Braylon ) in the next round?
Old 07.07.2011, 06:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
So , How is it decided who picks 1st in round 1 ? , is the person chosen randomly ? , also if i get 1st or 2nd pick in round 1 , lets say Aaron Rodgers , will i , as lee says get a Duffer ' ( like Braylon ) in the next round?
The draft order is decided randomly. It's the same format as the real draft if you're first in the first round you'll be last in the second round. You get to choose who you want in each round, so long as you fill the roster positions.
Old 07.07.2011, 07:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
The draft order is decided randomly. It's the same format as the real draft if you're first in the first round you'll be last in the second round. You get to choose who you want in each round, so long as you fill the roster positions.
How many rounds are there Dave ? , and once you pick your team , can you not change it?
Old 07.07.2011, 10:11 PM
All Pro

Any Sunday night gets my vote for draft.
Old 09.07.2011, 10:18 AM
All Pro

Quote:
How many rounds are there Dave ? , and once you pick your team , can you not change it?
There are enough rounds to allow everyone to fill their roster. You can sign any undrafted players, so long as you drop a player to free up the roster spot. Each week you can also waive players, which basically means any players who aren't with a team can be picked up to replace a duffer who isn't bringing home the bacon (Robiskie ). You can also propose trades with other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
Any Sunday night gets my vote for draft.
The draft has been set for Saturday 6th August at 7pm. We've got a few players from across the pond and one from Switzerland so I've had to take into account the time differences.

Sent everyone a Facebook message and I mentoned it on the league homepage
Old 09.07.2011, 12:31 PM
All Pro

Cool

Quote:
There are enough rounds to allow everyone to fill their roster. You can sign any undrafted players, so long as you drop a player to free up the roster spot. Each week you can also waive players, which basically means any players who aren't with a team can be picked up to replace a duffer who isn't bringing home the bacon (Robiskie ). You can also propose trades with other teams.

The draft has been set for Saturday 6th August at 7pm. We've got a few players from across the pond and one from Switzerland so I've had to take into account the time differences.

Sent everyone a Facebook message and I mentoned it on the league homepage

Well that's a good time to hold it, I mean 90% of people will be in at home on a sat night at 7pm LOL ;-)

Well I will have so set this automatic draft thing on mine as I will miss it- watching the best rugby team at twickenham then straight onto the 02 to see the best metal band the world has ever seen!
Old 09.07.2011, 01:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bulldawg View Post
Well that's a good time to hold it, I mean 90% of people will be in at home on a sat night at 7pm LOL ;-)

Well I will have so set this automatic draft thing on mine as I will miss it- watching the best rugby team at twickenham then straight onto the 02 to see the best metal band the world has ever seen!
We want as many people to turn up to the draft as possible so if 6th August at 7pm is gonna be a problem then I'll change it. I'll send another Facebook message round.
Old 09.07.2011, 02:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
We want as many people to turn up to the draft as possible so if 6th August at 7pm is gonna be a problem then I'll change it. I'll send another Facebook message round.
Well if everyone one else can make it, I would keep +time the same.

I just thought a sat night some would have plans, on a Sunday night not much going on.