Superbash 2014 - Page 140 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 04.02.2014, 09:13 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
Gutted how empty venue got and to be fair think that was the worst Super Bowl I've seen since Super Bash's started but that's not the venue's fault.
This Super Bash was lacking in the same atmosphere as previous ones I agree. I did enjoy myself still but it could have been better. Hope NFLUK get the ticket allocation right next year. Also I think part of it could be my own fault, spent the whole day in the o2 instead of having a lie in and then heading out later. Energy was pretty drained by the end of the night. Thinking next year, if I can afford to, I might book a hotel even if I do live in London. Just makes the day so much easier. Took me less than an hour to get there but well over 2 hours to get home after.
Old 04.02.2014, 09:18 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khas85 View Post
This Super Bash was lacking in the same atmosphere as previous ones I agree. I did enjoy myself still but it could have been better. Hope NFLUK get the ticket allocation right next year. Also I think part of it could be my own fault, spent the whole day in the o2 instead of having a lie in and then heading out later. Energy was pretty drained by the end of the night. Thinking next year, if I can afford to, I might book a hotel even if I do live in London. Just makes the day so much easier. Took me less than an hour to get there but well over 2 hours to get home after.
And I think with that post, my activity on here may not be as frequent as it was in the last two weeks. I still read a lot on here but most of my posts are when there is something happening like the International Series games and Super Bash. Most of the time, I post in the NY Giants Fans UK group on Facebook. Maybe around the Combine and the Draft, I'll be posting more again. Still a proud member of the community here but trying hard to make the Giants group I'm in grow. We had a lady in America write about us in her blog http://hergame.tumblr.com/post/66130...inal-ali-award
Old 04.02.2014, 09:20 PM
Starter

Had a great night on sunday , even if I am still recovering now
Good to meet some of you including : Stocksy and his 2 mates, timmleach, qball and liammc777............met others but cant remember everyone's name
It's a shame the place was not full at the beginning and became less full as the night went on as a lot of real fans missed out on attending. Didn't see any other people in Bills gear and was wondering if I was the only one? (there's not many of us)
Old 04.02.2014, 09:29 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khas85 View Post
I think the game didnt help things as a washout like that tends to dampen the moods of even neutrals.
Old 05.02.2014, 08:56 AM
All Pro

Had a good night in the end catching up with old and meeting some new, quickest year in my life - only seemed like last bash was a few months back.

Right time for the good the bad and the Steelers.

1. Venue set up is great, staff / service has always been good there. Screens and sound perfect bar a few second freeze. Toilets - no problems.

2. Good to see at the end of the night clear signs and uniformed staff waiting at buses now.

3. Someone somewhere has changed the policy on ticket allocation I'm sure of it.

The numbers have dropped massively for the 1st time that I've known in 8 years.

Every year everyone has a bit of a moan up over allocation and knows a few that have got lucky out of friends- this year it seems no one got any across the board out of the average of previous years success.

Now this surely cant be down to a massive boom and growth through the Wembley games making demand for these tickets a lot higher.

Even if this was the case the attendance would be greater or the same wouldn't it - not drastically lower?

I really hope something is done about these non attendees, I know some may be genuine - but surely it cant be that unlucky that at a guess 20 -30% less than previous years could not make it this time and just let their tickets go to waste.

My guess is someone has tried something new and has dropped a clanger here somewhere down the line.

I missed that free pizza that usually turns up during late 3rd qrt and early 4th.

Feel sorry for the 4 people that couldn't get on the last bus back to Victoria due to it being full. I hope this doesn't create a mad dash for it soon as the Stewart lets the queue go next year.

Boy nothing ticks me off more than when I see those couches on the standing room floor now. Some like them so not going to go in depth about them.

I'm sure there will be good and bad stuff I forgot - will update as I remember. Just going off the top of my head now.

Last edited by British Bulldawg; 05.02.2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05.02.2014, 10:21 AM
Starter

Superbash was great!
Monday was not. Glad I took the day off work.
As people have been saying, the atmosphere lacked a little, but the state of the game affected that - if it was a tighter match it would have been better.
I thought it was run really well, got beat down on madden by my mate though.....which is never fun.

My only issue was the food. I had my side but by the time I went to get my main, no one was on the stand and all the food had gone, it wasn't that late! The food should be served throughout I feel. Especially for those who have had a few (like me) - overall I enjoyed my first superbash and will definately be applying again!
Old 05.02.2014, 10:40 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingrrr View Post
Superbash was great!
Monday was not. Glad I took the day off work.
As people have been saying, the atmosphere lacked a little, but the state of the game affected that - if it was a tighter match it would have been better.
I thought it was run really well, got beat down on madden by my mate though.....which is never fun.

My only issue was the food. I had my side but by the time I went to get my main, no one was on the stand and all the food had gone, it wasn't that late! The food should be served throughout I feel. Especially for those who have had a few (like me) - overall I enjoyed my first superbash and will definately be applying again!
I only went up to orders starters but asked if mains were going quick, was advised they were so ordered both together.
Old 05.02.2014, 10:48 AM
Team Captain

Im sorry - I like the sofas! My feet were killing me at Koko last year! But I think they are too spaced out, if there is a group of more than 3 of you sofas wouldnt work

As for the food, my mate went to get his before half time and they had already run out of the burgers (which I must say were very tasty!) so he had the hot dog which I think he enjoyed!
Old 05.02.2014, 11:37 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymie View Post
Im sorry - I like the sofas! My feet were killing me at Koko last year! But I think they are too spaced out, if there is a group of more than 3 of you sofas wouldnt work

As for the food, my mate went to get his before half time and they had already run out of the burgers (which I must say were very tasty!) so he had the hot dog which I think he enjoyed!
Chicken wings and hot dogs are two of my favourite fast foods so no surprises I went straight for the hot dog while there were plenty of burgers left. They were indeed very nice and talking about it makes me want some now lol
Old 05.02.2014, 12:31 PM
All Pro

As a multi bash attendee I will say that the lack of people there was a not really a shock. When the only stipulation this year was having to have an email address? I think it was a case of easy come, easy go. If your not a die hard fan or only a casual observer of the game do you really want to stay up until half three in the morning with work the next day? So you go into an competition you win tickets your really happy but you actually have no intention of going to event it cost you nothing so some of the reasons for not going are really simple please let me list them?
  • I have no interest in the game I just enter every competition I can
  • It didn't cost me anything to get these tickets so they have no value to me.
  • Not really sure what NFL is all about but I'm not staying up that late?
  • I fully intended going but come Sunday it's a long trip to London so I didn't feel like it?
And you can go on and on with excuse after excuse I was extremely lucky this year because a very good friend of mine helped me out with a ticket There was however many NFLUK members on here that were not so lucky and I am not talking about just the regular posters. I am talking about the members of NFLUK who love American football and missed out because of the change of ticket allocation, that decision just seems nuts to me?
It could be that the sponsors won't give as much as before we are in a recession? It could be that Indigo2 charge too much for the event so less tickets can be given out? It could be that NFLUK just simply doesn't have the spare capital to pay for this event as it has in the past?

Whatever the reasons if it's the way the tickets were allocated then please NFLUK change the system? You are at risk of alienating the very fans that made NFL in the UK popular.

If it's funding, then NFLUK charge, we are happy to pay, I love a free event like the next man but to see the place half empty at halftime and at the presentation of the trophy only a handful of the diehards left is really sad. I had several conversations about paying for an event like Superbash I think that without exception everyone of the fans I spoke to there would have been happy to pay?

Even if its a nominal charge of 5GBP to 20GBP lots of people would be happy to pay if it meant we could still come to the bash. You could still nominate people to have the ability to buy the tickets so you don't lose control and touts can't get involved. You could charge a membership fee to NFLUK? Which meant you got priority seats at the International games and the Superbash?
I do love the Superbash and long may it last, I would love to know everyone else's ideas because it would be great not to have a half empty Indigo again?

Last edited by silver&black; 05.02.2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I can't spell :(