Superbash 2014 - Page 141 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 05.02.2014, 12:39 PM
Team Captain

On the mention of seeing the trophy presented - is anyone else miffed that they never really show the rest of the bits and pieces afterwards? We did get to see MVP but then that was it, thank you for coming etc. Does it really hurt for the extra 10 mins to let us see the players enjoying the moment, any other speeches etc? Or is it just me that likes to stay to the end?? (I am the sort who watches the credits at the end of the movies too - just in case there is an extra scene at the end! I dont want to miss ANYTHING!!)
Old 05.02.2014, 05:37 PM
Rookie

A short video of the Bash posted on the Union Jax facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OxAxL7iQ7s
Old 05.02.2014, 05:40 PM
All Pro

Lightbulb Superbash 2014

Food - emm my main seemed like a side.... I went for a Reuben but it was like half a mini sandwich - very nice but two bites was gone - seemed pointless being in box way above its size?

I have to say I too thinking about it never noticed any pizza this year - I think perhaps the sponsors have gotten tired of giving over freebies perhaps as I did notice far less of everything this year - including people in the venue...

Hope this is not the beginning of the end - as others have said I don't mind paying a reasonable fee if it deters the non true NFL fans/free loaders but keeps the real fans and all the goodies coming.

In fact would possibly aide me having a more fun night as would make the ticket re-homing service null and void so I would just relax and go in early doors like all the other paying fans.
Old 05.02.2014, 05:43 PM
All Pro

Exclamation Superbash 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchy9 View Post
A short video of the Bash posted on the Union Jax facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OxAxL7iQ7s

Guttted by the time I went in no CL's in lobby - I never got to meet or chat to any of them and as a single guy that sucks!
Old 05.02.2014, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Turned up at 7pm and couldn't believe how many teenage girls were at the O2. This is odd I thought. Then someone told me there was also a Taylor Swift concert at the arena. That's when it all made sense.
Old 05.02.2014, 08:47 PM
Rookie

Sunday was my first superbash and I really enjoyed the night. I was really surprised by the amount of other females that were there so that was great. The food was a bit naff as I read there was pizza in previous years but free drinks all night was great. It was we worth the 3 hour drive and hotel stay. Got to meet Stafford (whilst in my Stafford jersey) which was amazing. crazy going from watching him on my tv on sundays to meeting him in person!
Old 05.02.2014, 09:05 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymie View Post
On the mention of seeing the trophy presented - is anyone else miffed that they never really show the rest of the bits and pieces afterwards? We did get to see MVP but then that was it, thank you for coming etc. Does it really hurt for the extra 10 mins to let us see the players enjoying the moment, any other speeches etc? Or is it just me that likes to stay to the end?? (I am the sort who watches the credits at the end of the movies too - just in case there is an extra scene at the end! I dont want to miss ANYTHING!!)
naa I hear what you're saying I normally would watch it to the end too. In this case because it was such a wash out game and because Craig was sick as a dog we didnt mind they shut it off early but it is a shame we didnt get to see the lot.
Old 05.02.2014, 09:50 PM
Pro Bowler

Hoya everyone, hope you all enjoyed yourselves, I had an ace time, was very sick back at the hotel great meeting everyone again, sanchez got to meet stafford, which was cool, great night, again what everyone else is saying shame it was so quiet, and from a personal point of view, get rid of those damn sofas, get fans right to the front standing, much better atmosphere then, although don't suppose it would have made any difference due to the blowout nature but...

Anyway still had an ace time thank you nfl uk and all the sponsors for putting on the event, hope to see you all again next year

Which will be mr woody Johnson's first superbash...stay tuned
Old 05.02.2014, 10:09 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept3rd View Post
Had a great night on sunday , even if I am still recovering now
Good to meet some of you including : Stocksy and his 2 mates, timmleach, qball and liammc777............met others but cant remember everyone's name
It's a shame the place was not full at the beginning and became less full as the night went on as a lot of real fans missed out on attending. Didn't see any other people in Bills gear and was wondering if I was the only one? (there's not many of us)
I take it I was then!
Old 06.02.2014, 12:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept3rd View Post
I take it I was then!
Saw a lad in a Spiller t-shirt or jersey - was pretty funny as he stood right next to a panthers lad that dropped his pint at the time.